Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

3 votes???

Page: 1 of 1
 Ikhnaton
09-20-1999, 11:16 PM
I can't believe that it wasn't until 3 votes were given before the thread with the picture of the kid was closed. I'm very highly disappointed in the admirals here. Not only did they wait quite a while to close it, but at least 2 admirals participated in the conversation to further belittle the poor kid in the picture. It is a poor example of leadership.

I hate to have to say this stuff, considering that at least 2 of them are regulars on XWA.net, but if I had found something like that anywhere on XWA.net, even if I was the tertiary mod or even the fourth mod, I would not only have closed the thread, I would have deleted it. You people can gripe and complain all you want, but when it involves a real person whose picture you posted just to laugh at, and the "object of humor" is just the face of the kid; that stuff has no place here or anywhere. What, are we barbarians? Are we heartless? I'd like to see the reaction of anyone involved in that thread if it was their picture posted up there.

Think before you post, people. I know a lot of you are in your early to mid teens, so your brains aren't always screwed on right. But it just takes a second or so. Think of other people's feelings. It doesn't make you look good to put people down, especially in that manner. It makes you look like a frikkin' idiot.

In general, yall are a good group of people. This has severly hurt the image. I hope you don't do anything to hurt it more.

OK, I am officially off my soap box.

------------------
When 900 years old you reach, look as good you will not, hmm?
 R.A.V.E.N.
09-21-1999, 1:06 AM
Hey! I made It clear that I was laughing with him! Truely, how can you take a picture like that and not have a sense of humor about it! God, I can relate, you should see my school I.D. (shudder). And truthfully I had no idea that that picture was not of drd, in those regards, he had no right to post it. And I am glad that L changed my post for me before the thread was closed, seeing that I wouldnt have a chance later.
Ikhanaton, if you were offended by my use of the word dork (I used to hear it every day) then maybe you should consider the fact that not all of us take every statement too seriously, because if I had I would had ended up in a room with padded walls no less than 2 years ago. And Teenagers are not always the ones without their heads screwd on right, a hypocritical statement from someone talking about stressed stereotypes.
 Lujayne
09-21-1999, 2:17 AM
Sorry, Ikh, I had assumed the picture was of DRD, and that he was making fun of himself. When he said that it wasn't him, I closed the thread and deleted the pic.
Trust me when I say that, if I had known it was someone else all along, the thread would've been closed after the first post.
--L.
 GUNNER
09-21-1999, 4:14 AM
I thought it was kind of funny ,although I never replyed. If the man is going to go through the trouble of posting his pic. then I'm sure he was trying to get a rise out of everyone.

------------------
"With each passing moment,you make yourself more my sevant."
COMMANDER GUNNER
ROGUE LEADER
 Ikhnaton
09-21-1999, 10:21 AM
When I wrote my original reply to the topic, I included information about the possibility of it being DRD, but when I read on, I saw that he said it was NOT him.

If it had been his pic, that is a different story. But it obviously wasn't. I was offended by the very fact that someone found a random picture of a kid whose only fault was that his face looked funny to other people, posted it for the sake of drawing ridicule toward it. What made it worse was that the topic was allowed to stay open for so long. Granted, some school pictures do draw a laugh or two, but that is something we all need to keep to ourself, UNLESS it happens to be your pic and you are cool with people laughing at you. Sure, when I look at old junior high yearbooks with family or friends, we get a good laugh at what I looked like. But this is totally different. It shows a lack of charity and consideration by doing something like that.

Anyways, Lujayne, I know you weren't laughing at the picture and I know you tried to find out if it was DRD. I'm not placing all the blame on you.

R.A.V.E.N., if you look up "dork" in a dictionary of slang terms, you will find that it means "penis". Not many people know that. But to call someone a dork just based on the way they look is shallow. The poor kid is just a victim of his age and poor fashion. Give the kid a haircut, more stylish glasses and I doubt you'd find a reason to call him a dork. It is one thing to laugh at a picture that makes somebody look bad, it is another thing to laugh and make fun of the actual person in the picture.

Lt_Cracken, who was the first Admiral to reply after my post, should have closed it without waiting for the 3rd vote.

I know people aren't perfect and can get caught up in the moment. All I ask is that you people try to use better judgement in the future, especially the Admirals. I'm not perfect either, I am full aware of that. I have made my share of mistakes. But that doesn't mean I shouldn't point out such blatant errors.

I'm not mad at any individual, so please don't get your panties in a bind. Just angry at the circumstance.

------------------
 Lt Guilo
09-21-1999, 10:33 PM
Exactly when did all of this take place?

Boy, that's the last time I'll spend 3 or 4 days sleeping.... http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/wink.gif)

------------------
"...There's always a BIGGER fish."
¤ Lieutenant Guilo ¤
 R.A.V.E.N.
09-22-1999, 1:00 AM
It was the post by DRD, was was it titled? Look here funny, somthin like that.
 flamin_tie
09-22-1999, 10:38 PM
A little grammerical technicality, a "dork" is a whale's penis.
 Ikhnaton
09-23-1999, 9:07 AM
here's another one:

grammerical is spelled grammarical.
 Lt Guilo
09-23-1999, 3:46 PM
...And yet another:

"Grammerical" and "grammarical" are BOTH, as 'the Fonz' might say, INCORRECTOMUNDO.

...The word you're both groping for is "GRAMMA<big>T</big>ICAL", gentlemen. http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/wink.gif)

------------------
¤ Lieutenant Guilo ¤<font size="1">

[This message has been edited by Lt Guilo (edited September 23, 1999).]
 Ikhnaton
09-23-1999, 4:40 PM
here's another:

"Hey! F U!"

j/k

------------------
 Lt Guilo
09-23-1999, 4:59 PM
..."F U"???

Hunh???

Rooting for some collegiate athletic collective there, Ike? http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/smile.gif)

FU....hmmm, perhaps you meant the University of Florida? You a Gators fan, boyo? http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/biggrin.gif)

------------------
¤ Lieutenant Guilo ¤
 R.A.V.E.N.
09-23-1999, 11:12 PM
Gimme an F! Gimme a U! Gimme a C! Gimme a K! Go ! Go Flordia University Chess Klub!

(yes I know club has a c, but come on, the joke was a strech anyway!)

------------------
And god said "Chicken, thou shalt cross the road" He did, and the people drank and were happy.
 ovienandenobi
02-05-2000, 2:27 AM
Keep making fun of Florida, guys. I'll be the one laughing when my good friend Javon Kearse beats you to a pulp. By the way, we're UF, not FU.

------------------
If only you knew the power of the dark side

[This message has been edited by ovienandenobi (edited February 04, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by ovienandenobi (edited February 04, 2000).]
 Lujayne
02-05-2000, 4:42 AM
You're gonna get your friend, Javon Kearse, to beat everyone here to a pulp?
Ah, okay.
 Shootist
02-06-2000, 2:28 AM
There's always Ball State University...I love their tee shirts...Ball U. Worn by the right students, it can be quite the recruiting poster!!!

------------------
ACK...Phht!!
Bill the Cat
 ovienandenobi
02-06-2000, 11:29 PM
You know who Javon is, right?

------------------
 Imladil
02-07-2000, 6:24 AM
I went to school at the University of Puget Sound. UPS. Cute, huh?

It gets better. We used to call the school 'You Pay Us,' in reference to their outlandish tuition. Also, a friend of mine who used to work for the mail company UPS had a t-shirt that said, "UPS men always come on time."

Yow! http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/biggrin.gif)

------------------
"The entire universe is simply the fractal chaos boundary between intersecting domains of high and low energy."

--Imladil the Podracer

"My own sense of optimism just doesn't...aw, **** it."

--Little Jimmy
 GUNNER
02-07-2000, 10:32 AM
lmladil, you went to UPS? I live about 45 minutes from there. Small world for such big studs. http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/wink.gif)
 Shootist
02-07-2000, 10:38 PM
I work with UPS carriers every day. They call themselves OOps. I guess it's ok for them to laugh at themselves, helps to ease the pain of sitting on that big fat wallet.

------------------
ACK...Phht!!
Bill the Cat
 Imladil
02-08-2000, 7:23 AM
Big studs are necessary to reinforce our modern housing against the colorful and forceful ways our world chooses to express itself!

I went to that school for just a year (and that's the extent of my schooling, I'm afraid.) It truly is outrageously expensive to go there.

Does anyone know exactly what the heck 'processed cheese food' is supposed to be? I've been wondering...

------------------
"The entire universe is simply the fractal chaos boundary between intersecting domains of high and low energy."

--Imladil the Podracer

"My own sense of optimism just doesn't...aw, **** it."

--Little Jimmy
 Lujayne
02-08-2000, 3:28 PM
Hey Imladil, I need a good recipe for lembas. Think you can invent one?
 ovienandenobi
02-11-2000, 1:29 AM
Don't tell me you guys didn't watch the Super Bowl.

------------------
 Lt Guilo
02-15-2000, 1:34 AM
Oh, I don't know about any of THEM, but I sure was, Wedgey...uh, sorry, I meant to say: ovie. (I always get you Floridian guys with matching I.P. addresses confused.)

What is your point? Nobody herein made fun of Florida, LEAST OF ALL myself; seeing as how I'm from there, and everything....
 ovienandenobi
02-18-2000, 12:18 AM
Look, I know I used to like Wedgey. Can we PLEASE get over that and move on with our lives?

------------------
 Lt Guilo
02-18-2000, 3:58 AM
Well, I don't know. Can you?
Page: 1 of 1