Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise

Page: 3 of 5
 bneezy
10-01-2004, 9:14 AM
I seem to be hitting a snag. I changed all the sith troopers on the Endar Spire to the first large male caucaisan and then give them the same helmet, armor, and blaster. Some work fine, but some (like the ones in cutscenes and others) either don't have heads (but have the armor) or don't show the changes at all. I know there are some scripts in the game that automatically change inventory and appearances when you trigger something. For example, Trask will revert back to his old form with a vibroblade when you meet Bandon on the Endar Spire. I haven't had any luck with the STUNT modules. They only have .utc's for certain areas and almost all involve Malak, Revan, Dodonna, and "Yoda". I went through all of them. Any thoughts? Also, the helmets disappear when they die.

By the way, I double checked to make sure all spelling and settings were correct. Maybe if I changed the Sith trooper model to a PC model and then changed the .utc's, that might work.
 Prime
10-01-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Xavier2
Indeed. Which envmap did you use Prime? IIRC, I have the baremetal for the armour, and gunmetal for the helmet. To be honest, I haven't really played around much more with the envmaptexture/.txi stuff. Most of the tweeking I have done is with the alpha mask. That has allowed me to get the reflectiveness to pretty much where I want ti.

Originally posted by Buffy
is PC can use this too ? My idea is that it will replace the Sith armour that is gain on Taris, and then given away at a later time. But since bneezy is setting up that this stuff, it is up to him as well. After all, it is not just my mod. I'm only doing the skinning portion of it. We haven't really discussed it that issue far.

In the end, it will be available to the player through cheats at least.

Originally posted by Achilles
Try looking around in the Stunt modules. I tried to find it for you but I just got home from a long night of drinking and I'm pretty much useless at this point. Good luck!

PS I say this because the stunt utc's are different from the default utc's. I hope that helps.

Edit: perhaps some of the modules might help as well. For instance, lev_m40aa. Thanks for the info. Hopefully you will be able to continue helping us with the problems bneezy is currently having.

But it is nice to see you make it out from behind the screen for a few pops now and then, Achilles. :)

Originally posted by T7nowhere
It might just be certain cutscenes. I think most will be fine but I do know that the first dialog cut with Trask can do some odd things. As an example if you use one of the alien npc's to start the game it is very likely that it will be invisible for that scene.
Cool.

Originally posted by bneezy
I seem to be hitting a snag. I changed all the sith troopers on the Endar Spire to the first large male caucaisan and then give them the same helmet, armor, and blaster. Some work fine, but some (like the ones in cutscenes and others) either don't have heads (but have the armor) or don't show the changes at all. Is it only the cutscene ones that don't work correctly? Or are there "in game" ones that also have the same problem? When you say you've changed all the troopers on the Spire, is that different form changing them on other worlds/places?

I know there are some scripts in the game that automatically change inventory and appearances when you trigger something. For example, Trask will revert back to his old form with a vibroblade when you meet Bandon on the Endar Spire. OK.

I haven't had any luck with the STUNT modules. They only have .utc's for certain areas and almost all involve Malak, Revan, Dodonna, and "Yoda". I went through all of them. Any thoughts? Also, the helmets disappear when they die. Do you have any more ideas about this, Achilles?

By the way, I double checked to make sure all spelling and settings were correct. Maybe if I changed the Sith trooper model to a PC model and then changed the .utc's, that might work. Cool. Keep us up to date with your progress, and hopefully we can get you as much help as possible.

Keep up the good work, bneezy. :)
 T7nowhere
10-01-2004, 10:14 AM
I have a partial solution to the problem But it may be the best idea.

Bneezy you can continue to replace the the sith trooper model with a PC one and give them a head, but rename the import the head into gmax then link the storm trooper helm to it rename the model export it compile it and add that new storm trooper head to the sith soldier. It will work and it will only require a head model and edited appearance plus the skin and all that ;) The only problem with this is that the head will be static.

Xavier2 mention in svцsh's modeling tut thread that he got his edited head to work without looseing animation accept it was stuck in the wrong position on the body. Perhaps he could tell you how he compiled the model with animations and you might be able to get some head movement.

Even if the animations won't work I think linking the storm trooper helm to a pc is better than editing utc files. and you will still see body movement so at a distance as your killing them you prbably won't even notice the head doesn't move.

EDit : oh ya and to be clear this would solve almost every problem with turing sith trooper into Storm troopers. every npc that uses that appearance row will be a storm trooper even the SITh armor you get on Taris will make you look like a storm trooper Though I would recommend taking off the disguise prop and including the helmet when you get he armor. There might be a problem with sith troopers that use a different color texture though, like the sith commander in the under city.
 Darth333
10-01-2004, 10:45 AM
Even if the animations won't work I think linking the storm trooper helm to a pc is better than editing utc files. and you will still see body movement so at a distance as your killing them you prbably won't even notice the head doesn't move.
I believe this is the best solution too. If you use .utc files you will run into trouble during cutscenes and perhaps at ther moments of the game.

EDit : oh ya and to be clear this would solve almost every problem with turing sith trooper into Storm troopers. every npc that uses that appearance row will be a storm trooper even the SITh armor you get on Taris will make you look like a storm trooper Though I would recommend taking off the disguise prop and including the helmet when you get he armor.

Not sure I would do this. I can look at the files this evening to confirm whether or not you can do this safely. There is a script attached to that file (if I remember, there is something about the disguise but I don't remember the contents of the script) and spells.2da so npcs react differently when you wear that armor. But iin any event, it would be possible to make a new script so the result is the same at the end... before going further with my ramblings, let me check it. I'll get back to you on this this evening.
 Prime
10-01-2004, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the great help guys and gal. ;)
 bneezy
10-01-2004, 11:32 AM
I replaced the Sith soldier files with PMBHS and renamed them "n_sithsoldier". I then renamed the armor texture to PMBH01 (which is what the game gave me (PMBH01) when I changed the files.) The bodies work fine, animations and all. The correct texture shows up as well. The heads are what I'm trying to figure out now.

T7, did you mean change the Sith soldier appearance in "appearance.2da" and not with the actual files? Then, change the "normalhead" to a head model that I imported and linked the helmet to? Or do I need to make a unique head and add it to "heads.2da" and change that in "appearance.2da"? I just need it broken down "Potato Head" style so I know I'm following your directions exactly.

Xavier2 respond! We need your insight on your head models.
 Xavier2
10-01-2004, 11:33 AM

Xavier2 mention in svцsh's modeling tut thread that he got his edited head to work without looseing animation accept it was stuck in the wrong position on the body. Perhaps he could tell you how he compiled the model with animations and you might be able to get some head movement.
That's true i managed to edit a head without affecting animations. There is a set back though, the head loses its attachment to the neck and as the body moves the head accompanies like a baloon barely stucked to it.

The thing is the head model has a complex parental relation between the objects its made of. There is an specif object i think is preventing edited head to work. Its the cut_scene_dummy, which i guess refers to body attachment. If we could export it right, i guess it would work as armor editing worked for svosh (pocketless armor) and me (Boba Fett from soldier clothes). Maybe cchargin could help.

Xavier2

EDIT: I made a mistake the object is Scene Root not cut scene dummy. The aurora base is related to that but the head model doesn't have any Scene Root object
 bneezy
10-01-2004, 11:40 AM
 Xavier2
10-01-2004, 12:13 PM

Xavier2, clean out that mailbox.
Done:D
 T7nowhere
10-01-2004, 12:38 PM
That's a lot better (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/traskhead2.jpg).

Good now that you have the Head, you will need to make it completly unique renaming the model and addin it to heads.2da and then add the head # into appearance.2da into the normal head column. doing this and replacing n_sithsoldier with PMBHS which you say you have done.

As long as the sith soldier row is edited it will change all armored sith. But I think you know what your doing now.
 bneezy
10-01-2004, 1:05 PM
I've changed the appearance correctly in "appearance.2da". I get the same effect changing the appearance file as I do completely changing model files (renaming PMBHS.mdl/mdx to n_sithsoldier.mdl/mdx) so I know it is working as it should. When I rename the new head model "n_traskh" to test it on trask, it works fine. I added it as #107 in "heads.2da" and called it "n_storm". I changed the "normalhead" column to read 107. Nothing. The head doesn't show up. Am I missing something?
 Lorden Darkblade
10-01-2004, 1:06 PM
It is perfect!!!!
Outstanding job prime :D :D
 Xavier2
10-01-2004, 1:19 PM
I've changed the appearance correctly in "appearance.2da". I get the same effect changing the appearance file as I do completely changing model files (renaming PMBHS.mdl/mdx to n_sithsoldier.mdl/mdx) so I know it is working as it should. When I rename the new head model "n_traskh" to test it on trask, it works fine. I added it as #107 in "heads.2da" and called it "n_storm". I changed the "normalhead" column to read 107. Nothing. The head doesn't show up. Am I missing something?
The .mdl should be n_storm.mdl for it to work. Also, i think you should Hex edit and replace references to the original name of the model. Look Orsan's Obi-Wan head and you can see he replaced the text pointing to Carth's original head.

Xavier2
 bneezy
10-01-2004, 1:54 PM
I'm getting closer (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/closer1.jpg) and closer (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/closer2.jpg). What the deal with the texture is, I don't know. The only things in the override are the helmet texture with .txi, n_storm.mdl/.mdx, heads.2da, and appearance.2da. I changed the "modeltype" to "B" and the head started working. I replaced the two N_SithSoldier with PMBHS under modela and texa.

Update: That's new (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/wtf.jpg).
 FunSolo
10-01-2004, 3:29 PM
looks like the texture of the armorґs missing, on the last pic? and it looks like you changed the whole look of the troopers.. the helmet looks good, but i dont like the armor on the other 2 shots
 Darth_ToMeR
10-01-2004, 3:33 PM
Originally posted by FunSolo
looks like the texture of the armorґs missing, on the last pic? and it looks like you changed the whole look of the troopers.. the helmet looks good, but i dont like the armor on the other 2 shots He still didn't add the armor texture.
 T7nowhere
10-01-2004, 3:46 PM
I'm getting closer (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/closer1.jpg) and closer (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/closer2.jpg). What the deal with the texture is, I don't know. The only things in the override are the helmet texture with .txi, n_storm.mdl/.mdx, heads.2da, and appearance.2da. I changed the "modeltype" to "B" and the head started working. I replaced the two N_SithSoldier with PMBHS under modela and texa.

Update: That's new (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/wtf.jpg).

did yopu paste PMBHS in texa it should be PMBH
 bneezy
10-02-2004, 4:59 AM
did yopu paste PMBHS in texa it should be PMBH
Woo Hoo! Thanks T7 and everyone who helped make this (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/finally.jpg) happen. It's about time! I need to take a nap after this one!

Now, is there any way I can change the texture to a unique one instead of replacing PMBH01 with another file? For testing (the final version will use Prime's textures), I used Darth ToMeR's white Clone trooper armor (PMBH15) and renamed it PMBH01. It worked, but I wouldn't want someone to buy an armor that used the PMBH01 and get the Stormtrooper texture.
 Xavier2
10-02-2004, 6:24 AM
Woo Hoo! Thanks T7 and everyone who helped make this (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/finally.jpg) happen. It's about time! I need to take a nap after this one!

Now, is there any way I can change the texture to a unique one instead of replacing PMBH01 with another file? For testing (the final version will use Prime's textures), I used Darth ToMeR's white Clone trooper armor (PMBH15) and renamed it PMBH01. It worked, but I wouldn't want someone to buy an armor that used the PMBH01 and get the Stormtrooper texture.
Just name it PMBH97 (avoid conflict with my Jango armor), but make sure to put it in the appearence.2da line in texture columm.

Xavier2

EDIT: Above instructions are for replacing Sith armors. For use with PC and party members it's enough name it PMBH97 and create a custom .uti file for it (in the texture variation tag of your custom .uti, the # should be 97, so the engine understands which tex look for).
 *Yoinked*
10-02-2004, 6:31 AM

Dude that looks frigggin awsome, I absolutely can not wait til it comes out, keep up the good work Prime an bneezy! :thumbsup:
 Prime
10-02-2004, 7:13 AM
Woo Hoo! Thanks T7 and everyone who helped make this (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/finally.jpg) happen. It's about time! I need to take a nap after this one! That is awesome news, bneezy! Great work.

I got your PM, and I will put the files in a place you can download them and I'll PM you the link. Before I do, I will go over them one last time and make any necessary final tweeks. But you will have them by the end of today for sure.

Again, great work. And thanks to everyone here for all their help and insight. This is why Holowan Laboratories is as great as it is. :)
 bneezy
10-02-2004, 8:08 AM
Ok. When I added the helmet to the head model, I converted it successfully, changed heads.2da accordingly, changed the "normalhead" correctly, and renamed the head model. Everything works.....except that the head model I used originally (PMHC01) is changed to the helmet as well (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/headchange.jpg). The file was renamed to "n_storm" and that is what I put in heads.2da. Why is this happening?

I was wondering if I just listed a helmet model in heads.2da, would it show up? Yes and no (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/helmetashead.jpg). Now, I'm thinking I can try to position the helmet higher and try again. I'll look into that and keep you posted.

When I change the "texa" column to "PMBH15", I get this (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/headchange.jpg). All black.

Do I even need to change the "race" column and what is "racetex"?
 Xavier2
10-02-2004, 8:27 AM
I was wondering if I just listed a helmet model in heads.2da, would it show up? Yes and no (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/helmetashead.jpg). Now, I'm thinking I can try to position the helmet higher and try again. I'll look into that and keep you posted.
I tried this in My Boba Fett project. It's not a good solution cuz helmets don't have either anim or a neck to place the head. In this process the helmet will be floating above the body and stuck without movement.

[i]When I change the "texa" column to "PMBH15", I get this (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/headchange.jpg). All black.[/B]
If you want the armor to be available to PC and party all you should do is name the armor .tga PMBHanynumberyoulike the game will look for the right texture, provided you have created the Stormtrooper armor as a unique armor .uti file. No need for appearence.2da editing.

[i]Do I even need to change the "race" column and what is "racetex"? [/B]
No need to change this. If you want to make the armor available to Sith soldiers you should then edit appearence.2da line(s) changing the default model and tex columms for PMBHS(heavy armor model) and whatever you called the armor texture, respectivily.

Xavier2
 bneezy
10-02-2004, 8:38 AM
Adding a .uti for the helmet and the armor for use by PCs is already done. I did this to get my screenshots and Prime did the same for his (or you couldn't equip them anyway.) Everything we're doing now is just trying to change all Sith troopers (only) into Stormtroopers.

How do I get the new head model to be unique and not change both the Sith troopers and the PC head it was based on?

By the way, doing what I did for one Sith trooper may work, but when I do it for all three versions (N_SithSoldier02, ..03, etc.), I get some funky results. Like some PCs on the select screen at startup appearing as Mynocks and Dewbacks.
 Xavier2
10-02-2004, 8:52 AM
How do I get the new head model to be unique and not change both the Sith troopers and the PC head it was based on?
I believe there are two ways to do that:

1. Choose any head, name it StormH or whatever you feel right and Hex edit it changing the entrances for the original head model, then add a new line in heads.2da putting in it StormH, that way you have a unique head, though cloning another game head;
2. The simpler way is just using any head in appearence.2da. I did it before using the disguise property and worked allright.

The process #1 is better cuz you can add a custom face tex to the head, therefore making it even more "unique". i.e. any Caucasian with a mustache to make it diferent to the PC's faces.

Hope it helps

Xavier2
 bneezy
10-02-2004, 8:58 AM
I'll try that Xavier2.

Would it be possible to extract the models with Kotor Tool as usual, and hex editing those so it looks for PMBH15 (or whatever the texture will be called) instead of PMBH01 (default)?
 Darkkender
10-02-2004, 9:07 AM
OMG! the precision the clarity the the I just:worship:

I want I need I pine I simply must have.

The latent potential waiting to be unleashed by this.

please please please release this soon I don't know if I can handle the tension.
 Xavier2
10-02-2004, 9:24 AM
I'll try that Xavier2.

Would it be possible to extract the models with Kotor Tool as usual, and hex editing those so it looks for PMBH15 (or whatever the texture will be called) instead of PMBH01 (default)?
Yes. There are five entrys in PMBHS.mdl pointing to PMBHL01. You can replace 01 for 15. By the way i just thought of a solution for the helmet stuff.

Maybe, instead of replacing the default Sith armor we could give it a disguise property so it could look like the N_Storm line in appearence.2da. Thats the technique i'm using to make my Boba Fett armor (using the soldier model) available to party members and the PC regardless the class, otherwise it would be available only to soldiers PC's.

Of course in this process we need to go back to .uti editing, but using the disguise property without altering any thing else should prevent any bugs.

Xavier2
 T7nowhere
10-02-2004, 9:43 AM
Sinse your exporting the helm plus the head from gmax then simply rename the model in gmax. If you hex edit a head to use a new texture you MUST change all referances to the old head or you'll get what you did.

Im glad you got it to work bneezy.

edit: Oh and sinse most of the head is not seen you can delete all the polys of the head mesh above the neck. btw whats the poly count.
 Airrazor
10-02-2004, 12:25 PM
of topic: how can you let Gmax export it to kotor files??
 Prime
10-02-2004, 12:34 PM
I've gotten to the skin to the point where I don't think I can do much more. I'm not completely happy with it, as it is frustrating that the texture is symetrical, whereas stormtrooper armour is not. But there is nothing I can do about that. I'll send the files over to bneezy, so he can work with the final version. Anyway, here are some screenshots of the final skin (barring any glaring problems later).

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screenshots/storm11.jpg)

Here is the stormtrooper with the Sith troopers it is going to replace. These Sith are the white version I currently use.

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screenshots/storm12.jpg)
 FunSolo
10-02-2004, 12:43 PM
i dont know, why your not satisfied with it. its an amazing reskin man, whatever you say. :)
 Darth_ToMeR
10-02-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by FunSolo
i dont know, why your not satisfied with it. its an amazing reskin man, whatever you say. :)
Right.
 StormTrooper789
10-02-2004, 1:30 PM
Originally posted by Prime in the middle of his post
I'm not completely happy with it,...

Is today opposite day or something? I don't see anything wrong with that picture. :)
 90SK
10-02-2004, 7:27 PM
I agree. It looks stunning. Your doing good work man, this will be long remembered:thumbsup:
 MTV2
10-02-2004, 7:35 PM
do you have the template for it? if so could i see it?
 Doom_Dealer
10-03-2004, 5:49 AM
Yup, id say its brilliant as it is, but i do know what you meen about wanting to make it absolutly perfect, i always have little annoyances about all my mods. Anyway, cant wait for it to be released, its looking awesome.
 stingerhs
10-03-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by StormTrooper789
Is today opposite day or something? I don't see anything wrong with that picture. :)

oh, back off a little bit, folks. :p

coming from an artists standpoint, things have to be perfect, and prime saying that its not perfect is justified in my opinion. besides, would you rather have a mod that merely resembles a stormtrooper, or one that is literally the real thing??? the more time spent on it, the better it will be. :D

the wait may be unbearable at times, but the final product will be well worth the wait. excellent job prime, bneezy, xavier2, and anyone else on the project. :D :D
 Prime
10-03-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by StormTrooper789
Is today opposite day or something? I don't see anything wrong with that picture. :) Well for starters, things like the "backpack" details. Stormtrooper armour is supposed to have a circle and two vertical stripes. But since the base armour I used has a symetrical texture, I'm stuck with having two circles. To me it looks like he's wearing a tape on his back. :)

Just stuff like that I'm dissapointed with, among other things...

Originally posted by MTV2
do you have the template for it? if so could i see it? I'm not sure what you mean by template. I used the heavy armour model and completely recreated the texture for that (I think there are shots of the original armour texture earlier in the thread). For the helmet, obviously the layout is very similar to the original texture, even though it has been redone. Is that what you are asking about?

Thanks for all the praise, guys. It is always nice to know that people are looking forward to what you are doing. :)
 Mav
10-03-2004, 1:27 PM
It looks amazing if you ask me, Prime, I think this is your best work yet.
 Doom_Dealer
10-03-2004, 1:53 PM
do you have the template for it? if so could i see it?

I think he meens can you post a pic of it as it looks in PSP, i.e. the flat texture.
 MTV2
10-03-2004, 2:39 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by template. I used the heavy armour model and completely recreated the texture for that (I think there are shots of the original armour texture earlier in the thread). For the helmet, obviously the layout is very similar to the original texture, even though it has been redone. Is that what you are asking about?
basically,yes, like when you go into kotor tool, go to erfs, then to texture packs, then ......tpa.erf, then N then the template that you used is what i ment
 Prime
10-03-2004, 5:59 PM
Originally posted by MTV2
basically,yes, like when you go into kotor tool, go to erfs, then to texture packs, then ......tpa.erf, then N then the template that you used is what i ment I used PMBH01 as the template, which is under P in the path you mentioned. Again, the helmet is completely custom.
 Hybris
10-03-2004, 7:11 PM
Ethier way Prime it looks like Lucas himself designed this armor. It about as near perfect as you can get without being on the orginal design team with a Ph.D in 3d programing, Programing base on the Chaos Theroy Mathmatical Algrthyums or CTMAP, and 3d textuering by svosh.

WARING GOING TO MENTAL OVERLOAD!:Any questions class? Good then please read all 50,000 pages of (Theroy's of Hybris: volume 50 Programing and textureing of high-end matierals useing overly complex math alrthyums) by 6:00 am in the morning that gives you 4 hours to read so no partys like last night.

REBOOTING MIND

DOS OS IS NOW ACTIVE

STATEMENT:Mind will recover in 5 minites so sit down open a coke and wait you mear meatbags! HAHA HAHA HAHA

SHUTDOWN...

GOOD BYE DAVE
 bneezy
10-04-2004, 8:23 AM
Everything seems to be coming along nicely, very nice!

First of all, Prime is insane. I can totally understand wanting perfection (at least in what you wanted to accomplish with the back of the Stormtrooper model) with the texures, but WOW. They're amazing! Prime set out to make his own helmet texture so it could be released and he not only did that, but he went and made an amazing armor texture as well. Considering the limited (although not so limited anymore thanks to Fred Tetra and cchargin) resources and methods to make MODs for this game, you have outdone yourself.

Prime, you were asked to make something little with only popsicle sticks to work with and created the Tajma Hall.

Great job!

And for the LOVE OF GOD, can someone try the methods listed here to get a unique head to not replace the model it was based on and see if they work for you. I can't get this right to save my life!
 T7nowhere
10-04-2004, 8:45 AM
All you have to do is rename the model and I mean all referance to the other model MUST be changed. If you still are stuck after that, I can help you guys out.
 PoM
10-04-2004, 9:13 AM
Looks good enough to be released soon, and the shiny one is best.
 bneezy
10-04-2004, 9:17 AM
All you have to do is rename the model and I mean all referance to the other model MUST be changed. If you still are stuck after that, I can help you guys out.
When I go to hex edit the model, I'm not sure if I'm changing the texture or the model name (by accident of course.) The "model" name and "texture" name are the SAME. I can' tell which I'm changing. When I change them, KotOR crashes. By the way, do I need to hex edit the model when it is in "ascii" format?

By the way T7, I can send you the files I'm working with right now if you want to see if you can get them to work. PM me and let me know.
 Xavier2
10-04-2004, 9:21 AM
I tried the disguise effect i sugested Bneezy, but it works for the body not for the head. I guess the better think to do is go back to editing the Sith soldiers .utc files.

As i said before, you can replace sith appearence in appearence.2da and heads.2da. I tried the same for my Boba Fett project and tried again for the stormtroopers file you sent me. Teh biggest problem is:

Replacing an default apperarence wiil place another body and another head in the character. Its easy enoudh to make the heavy armor model be the new Sith body, but it's not easy to make the helmet turn into a head, since heads need anim and helmets don't have them.

Unless...I have seen an interesting head model that seems to be only a skeleton of a head. I couldn't find where it belongs. If somebody could tell me what's it for, maybe i'll try a couple things when i get home, later.

Xavier2
 bneezy
10-04-2004, 9:36 AM
Yes! Why didn't I think of that? PMBH02. The skeleton head you were referring to. It worked! Great thinking Xavier2!

T7, I still want to find out what the heck is my problem when hex editing the head model. I've sent the files over.
Page: 3 of 5