Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

views and c stick

Page: 1 of 1
 cretan7
10-07-2001, 11:52 AM
I have two questions about the views:

1. when in external view does the c stick allow rotation or orbiting around your ship or does it work like in original rogue squadron where the external camera view moves way from you ship in left or right direction losing site of your ship.
It would be cool if the cstick in external view would revolve around you ship so you can see if from all angles. Please someone who may have played the game tell me this is the case!

2. In cockpit view when panning the view can you look down beyond the straight ahead view (ie so you can see the lower instrument panel towards your lap) and can you see your astromech droid in a behind or rear view?

3. Somewhere I read that the deathstart trench run has been slowed down and made easier does anyone know how much speed has slowed down since this would suck if slowed too much!
 Rogue15
10-07-2001, 12:17 PM
deathstar trench sounds wrong. i heard it actually went faster and felt more like the movie.
 cretan7
10-07-2001, 12:44 PM
i hope you are right but this was on another forum where the guy who played it said it was noticably slower and easier although he wasnt complaining, rather making a comment.
 snooozer
10-09-2001, 1:09 AM
what forum was that?

------------------
::ELITE ROGUE::{//=|ROYAL DEFENDER OF NABOO|=\\}::
 Redwing
10-12-2001, 4:00 AM
Originally posted by cretan7:
I have two questions about the views:

1. when in external view does the c stick allow rotation or orbiting around your ship or does it work like in original rogue squadron where the external camera view moves way from you ship in left or right direction losing site of your ship.
It would be cool if the cstick in external view would revolve around you ship so you can see if from all angles. Please someone who may have played the game tell me this is the case!

2. In cockpit view when panning the view can you look down beyond the straight ahead view (ie so you can see the lower instrument panel towards your lap) and can you see your astromech droid in a behind or rear view?

3. Somewhere I read that the deathstart trench run has been slowed down and made easier does anyone know how much speed has slowed down since this would suck if slowed too much!

@ 1 and 2: Do you mean the N64 version? I know in the PC version TAB and arrow keys let you look in any direction inside the cockpit. Unfortunately you cannot control your craft simultaneously.

3. I have no clue.

------------------
At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.
At last we will have revenge.
 Lynk Former
10-12-2001, 5:19 AM
Answers:

1. From what I can gather when using the c-stick in external view, you can rotate the camera around the ship so you can see behind you and everything... I may be right, but then again i may be wrong...

2. I'd think that the in cockpit view panning would only allow you to look around in a natural way... what i'm trying to say is that the camera will only move as far as a real head would... so i don't think you would be able to view directly behind you... it wouldn't be realistic...

3. Prrrrffff... you got me...

------------------
http://www.gembassy.com/banexh/img/Lynk.gif) (http://www.RSCentral.cjb.net)
 cretan7
10-12-2001, 2:54 PM
Originally posted by Redwing:
@ 1 and 2: Do you mean the N64 version? I know in the PC version TAB and arrow keys let you look in any direction inside the cockpit. Unfortunately you cannot control your craft simultaneously.

3. I have no clue.

i am refering to rsII
 Gold-leader
10-13-2001, 12:48 PM
#3: The death star trench feels that you where in trench
 Lynk Former
10-14-2001, 1:58 AM
 Gold-leader
10-14-2001, 12:01 PM
Page: 1 of 1