Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

$115 Million

Page: 1 of 1
 [RNGD]Tyrant
09-23-2004, 7:05 PM
In one day they sold $115 million woth of for Star Wars DVDs and Star Wars Battlefront. article here (http://money.cnn.com/2004/09/23/news/midcaps/starwars/)

Now George...maybe take some of that cash and hire a couple new programmers and lets see some patches...chop chop
 Revlt Coranier
09-23-2004, 8:44 PM
Word.

-=This pointless sentence keeps this from being a one-word post=-
 Alegis
09-23-2004, 9:39 PM
Ha, smart revlt :p

2.5 million copies on the first day. I reckon this isn't bad at all eh!
 mr.piercy
09-23-2004, 9:59 PM
wow. maybe they could buy a time machina and go bak in time and polsih battlefront before it came out!!!!!!!!!!
 ET Warrior
09-24-2004, 5:20 AM
Originally posted by [RNGD]Tyrant
Now George...maybe take some of that cash and hire a couple new programmers and lets see some patches...chop chop

I think that would be a waste of his money, seeing as he already HAS programmers doing that. Or more accurately, Pandemic already has programmers in charge of that. :rolleyes:
 richcz3
09-27-2004, 1:39 PM
Useing the article thats a break down of $12 million in Battlefront sales on Tuesday alone.
Keep in mind that is Console and PC games combined. If the consoles outsold the PC by any significant margin, LA/Pandemic would be less inclined to work out patches/updates for the PC.

I am sure at some point the PC games sales Top 10 will come out and it will be a little more conclusive results how well SWBF is doing.

richcz3
 thejeditraitor
09-27-2004, 11:08 PM
it's funny how people think lucas is seriously involved in these games.
 El Sitherino
09-28-2004, 7:29 AM
Originally posted by thejeditraitor
it's funny how people think lucas is seriously involved in these games. indeed. But people are weird, so what can we do.
 richcz3
09-28-2004, 7:29 AM
it's funny how people think lucas is seriously involved in these games.
Whats funnier is how little George is involved in the looks of his main characters. Your avatar (General Grievous) had his beginings in a spray bottle top submitted by one of his character artists. Yoda's look and height wasn't settled on until pre production started on return of the Jedi. Before production the Director had envisioned Yoda being nine foot man. I've always wondered how well these stories were/are fleshed out especialy the first three episodes.

richcz3
 Prime
09-28-2004, 9:00 AM
Wow, people really don't like Battlefront, do they.
 El Sitherino
09-28-2004, 9:40 AM
guess not. I think it's a pretty good game, If you play with the right people, its superb.
 richcz3
09-28-2004, 9:42 AM
Originally posted by Prime
Wow, people really don't like Battlefront, do they. Homelanfed updates their Top 10 PC Games (sales)
This is for the week ending Sept 11. So give it a few weeks to see where SWBF scores.

Current List (http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=26249)

richcz3
 Sam Fisher
09-28-2004, 6:19 PM
Great...

IMO, Lucas really f***ed up the trilogy...

Battlefront has a sweet SP though :) Problem is the MP's to laggy to shoot good.
 Sabretooth
09-29-2004, 2:28 AM
$115 Million??!! Man, is that guy stinkin' rich or what?
 ZBomber
09-29-2004, 5:17 PM
Originally posted by Sam Fisher

Battlefront has a sweet SP though :)

I beg to differ, I was standing in front of rebel soliders in SP, IN CLEAR SIGHT, and they just stood there..... looking at me..... So, eventually I shot one of them, they looked around..... I shot again, and they finally saw that I was standing right in front of them.

MP > SP

Money - yay? Dunno why everyone is baggin on Lucas. These ARE his movies, I think that gives him the right to do what he wants with them. :rolleyes:
 Iceman_IX
09-29-2004, 11:04 PM
Atleast they aren't bailing on us after getting their money...
 ET Warrior
09-30-2004, 1:57 PM
Split this thread so it can stay on topic. The debate can be found in the George Lucas Debate (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=137285) thread.
 Kurgan
10-09-2004, 1:53 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber
I beg to differ, I was standing in front of rebel soliders in SP, IN CLEAR SIGHT, and they just stood there..... looking at me..... So, eventually I shot one of them, they looked around..... I shot again, and they finally saw that I was standing right in front of them.

MP > SP

Money - yay? Dunno why everyone is baggin on Lucas. These ARE his movies, I think that gives him the right to do what he wants with them. :rolleyes:

With the lag and bugginess of MP (so far) and lack of a console for options and administration I'd say that even MP isn't good (yet).

So far the only fun I've had playing this game has been in "Instant Action" mode.

However, I was somewhat disappointed that the "Gungan Theater Shields" were missing from the Instant Action/MP version of that Naboo map.
 Sam Fisher
10-09-2004, 2:01 PM
Hey Z, you playing it on hard?
 ET Warrior
10-09-2004, 3:07 PM
Even if he's playing it on easy, I would think that Easy AI should not be so braindead as to not shoot at an enemy standing directly in front of them.
 Pho3nix
10-12-2004, 10:01 AM
GOGO updating!
 LightNinja
10-12-2004, 10:32 AM
ok so i was going to buy the game this friday, but if it is that bad... im confused :S
 Kurgan
10-12-2004, 7:27 PM
I don't recall what year it was (perhaps 1997?), but Lucas stepped down as President of LucasArts and he's left those senior positions to others.

Lucas really is in charge of his Franchise Empire, but he let's others do a lot of the work, to leave the writing and directing of the prequels to himself.

From all I've read Yoda was always intended to be a little guy (just how little I don't know). But the early designs show him like a little dwarf, elf, troll, etc. type guy.
 thejeditraitor
10-18-2004, 5:42 PM
Originally posted by richcz3
Whats funnier is how little George is involved in the looks of his main characters. Your avatar (General Grievous) had his beginings in a spray bottle top submitted by one of his character artists. Yoda's look and height wasn't settled on until pre production started on return of the Jedi. Before production the Director had envisioned Yoda being nine foot man. I've always wondered how well these stories were/are fleshed out especialy the first three episodes.

richcz3

by the way, just saw the creating gg webdoc and grievous WAS NOT created from a spray bottle top. that was used in a different grievous concept that didn't make it past the first approval. and the thing about yoda being 9 feet tall is also false. look at the concept art. it looks just like yoda little and green.

so your argument is completely wrong.
 ET Warrior
10-18-2004, 7:54 PM
Incase you didnt' know jeditraitor, you CAN delete your own posts through the edit button, and should do so in the event that you double/triple post :)
 Shok_Tinoktin
10-18-2004, 8:08 PM
Originally posted by richcz3
Yoda's look and height wasn't settled on until pre production started on return of the Jedi.

You have to keep in mind that Obi-Wan was not originally going to die in ANH, so that left him little time to develop Yoda, and it is thus not surprising that they still had to figure out the details late in the production process of ESB.

Originally posted by Kurgan
From all I've read Yoda was always intended to be a little guy (just how little I don't know). But the early designs show him like a little dwarf, elf, troll, etc. type guy.

It was my understanding that the original idea was that Yoda would be very small, but there was some time when GL considered making him very tall. I could be mistaken about this though.
 thejeditraitor
10-18-2004, 8:51 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
Incase you didnt' know jeditraitor, you CAN delete your own posts through the edit button, and should do so in the event that you double/triple post :)

yeah i know.
did it mulit-post i guess?
 ET Warrior
10-18-2004, 9:00 PM
yeah i know.
did it mulit-post i guess?

Yes, I took care of it for you :)
 RebelScum!
10-19-2004, 12:15 PM
Hmmm, lots of money.
Page: 1 of 1