Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can't view cutscenes

Page: 1 of 1
 dcwirtz
09-22-2004, 1:22 PM
Anybody else having problems seeing cutscenes? I can hear audio at the beginning of campaigns but the screen is always black. The game plays fine except for the black cutscenes.
 ReturnFire
09-22-2004, 1:45 PM
SW: Battlefront uses Bink made by RAD tools for the little video snippets.

Q:When I play back my Bink movies the window is all black or all bright purple - what's up?

A:This usually means you have a bad DirectDraw video driver. When this problem occurs, your video driver is telling Bink that it is capable of a certain type of video playback which it really cannot perform. If this happens, the video frames won't be displayed by your video driver, and you see all black, or all purple. To fix this problem, you can either try to find newer video drivers, switch video cards completely, or experiment with the other blitting styles in the Advanced Bink Playback screen.

Short answer, check/update your video drivers.
 dcwirtz
09-22-2004, 2:09 PM
Thanks..but I updated the video drivers the day before installing SWBattlefront, so having the latest drivers isn't a fix.
 ReturnFire
09-22-2004, 2:32 PM
I will keep looking. What are you system specs, OS version?
 dcwirtz
09-22-2004, 3:38 PM
2.53 ghz Pentium IV with 768 megs RAM and 128 megs video RAM
Windows XP Pro

I just installed the Bink tools...still no luck. I can hear the audio just fine but the screen stays black.

Thanks
 ewolwerd
09-28-2004, 10:59 AM
I am having the same problem. I have updated drivers for my geforce440 go. I emailed tech support about it and they gave me back a generic video card problem answer. the video is black, but i can hear sound fine
 skatea23
09-28-2004, 3:56 PM
So I too am experiencing the cutscene problem. I'm running XP SP2 with an nVidia GeForce 440 MX. What I do is alt-tab out and then back into the game. Then you see them. The problem then though is that the text gets all boxxy. (You'll see what I mean if you try it). This goes away though after playing the battle.

I might try getting new drivers though. Not sure mine are the latest.

:bdroid2:
 chris998
10-02-2004, 1:49 PM
i also had this problem, im running geforce 4 mx 440 or 420 i forget which anyway went to nvidia.com and downloaded latest drivers and its sorted it out
 dcwirtz
10-02-2004, 4:43 PM
Hmm. I swear I updated my drivers. I used Windows auto-update and it installed the 'latest' drivers...but I guess they weren't the absolute latest. I just downloaded the nVidia ones directly and it fixed the menus, cut scenes, etc.

Now if they can only fix the rest of the game! :-)

Thanks
Page: 1 of 1