Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[fixed]Key binding

Page: 1 of 1
 Darko
09-21-2004, 8:47 AM
I am have a problem binding my mouse buttons. Anyone else having this issue? When I select an action to bind and press the mouse button nothing happens. I can only bind joystick and keyboard keys. :evanpiel:
 Darko
09-21-2004, 8:55 AM
nevermind, I went into mouse properties and fiddled around and it seemed to start working. I wish I knew how i fixed the issue.
 Ewog
09-21-2004, 10:25 AM
Same problem here. I can't figure it out and I wish that you knew what you did.
 CoFRBrutus
09-21-2004, 2:13 PM
What kind of mouse do you have? I have a Logitech MX 500 and can't bind my mouse buttons.
 PANChris
09-21-2004, 3:33 PM
Apparently for me it counts moving the mouse as a button. So when you want to assign a mouse button do not move the mouse. Just click the button that you want to use. Hope this helps.
 MrPumpkin
09-21-2004, 11:46 PM
I've got the same binding issues as well. (I don't move the mouse) I have a MS USB Optical mouse and zero problems in other games.

I'm unable to bind the Mouse #1 button to move forward, or the #2 button as an alternate fire button. It kicks up as a joystick movement, or sometimes nothing at all. It's really buggy. (The game)

My joystick is plugged in and working when I do this. (Logitec Freedom 2.4 cordless) Zero issues with it in other games. I'm not willing to learn different keys for movement, so hopefully a patch comes out, or this game gets tossed.

I feel like JarJar Binks was in charge of quality control for this part of the game.
 Major_Tom110
09-22-2004, 12:53 AM
Ok, I figured it out. In order to bind the mouse keys, you have to unplug your joystick. Then you can bind the keys. Dont ask me why. Then just plug it back in to configure the joystick.

Took me an hour to figure it out...

Good Shooting!!
 HelTon
09-23-2004, 6:40 PM
you are the man Tom, thanks dude...
 Darko
09-24-2004, 9:40 AM
excellent idea. yes, I continued to have this issue even when changing any binding.
 MrPumpkin
09-24-2004, 2:00 PM
That trick solved it. Thanks for the info.
Page: 1 of 1