Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

bounty hunters

Page: 1 of 1
 jigga
08-01-2001, 7:06 PM
Does anyone have info on them, like their special skills against jedi
 Compa_Mighty
08-01-2001, 7:10 PM
There is little info at the moment, but they will be great for detecting Jedi... that makes them good units.
 Lord JayVizIon
08-01-2001, 7:50 PM
they also appear to have their own melee skills, but we'll have to wait and see for more previews.....
 Tie Guy
08-01-2001, 8:10 PM
I wonder if they will be strong not only in attacking the Jedi, but also in defending them. It seems like they would be an easy kill for a jedi if they weren't. Then again, it they may be like attack dogs, who basically suck and don't last longs, but don't try sneaking a spy by it. Then again, spies can't attack, and jedi can, oh well, i guess we'll find out when the game comes out.
 Com Raven
08-01-2001, 8:14 PM
Attack dogs rule !!!

Nothing more fun than sending one of those in laarge AI controlled infantry squad ...;)
 Tie Guy
08-01-2001, 8:35 PM
I never really found them all that useful, but i sometimes have fun and build around fifty of them and just destroy the enemies infantry. hehe :D
 Paragon_Leon
08-02-2001, 12:19 PM
hehe... now translate that to Battlegrounds and what do you get ?

50 pet rancors ripping apart an entire army while Jabba is chuckling in the background..
 Darth_Rommel
08-02-2001, 1:17 PM
Haha? :confused:
 JediMasterEd
08-02-2001, 3:12 PM
i don't think they'll be that weak. not calling attack dogs stupidly weak but pretty weak. Boba Fett survived, until Han hit him with a staff in ROTJ. His Slave 1 can defend the bounty hunters base from air attack.
 Paragon_Leon
08-02-2001, 3:18 PM
erm... the Sarlacc got Boba. not the stick. the stick hit the rocketpack - the rocketpack ignites - Boba crashed against a Sailbarge that just happened to be in the way and then fell straight into a pit while Lando was lucky and landed on the slide.

Rommel: I was picturing that Rancor scene. with Gungans as victims. can you imagine the cries ?
hehehe...
 Havoc Stryphe
08-02-2001, 3:21 PM
Originally posted by Paragon_Leon
erm... the Sarlacc got Boba. not the stick. the stick hit the rocketpack - the rocketpack ignites - Boba crashed against a Sailbarge that just happened to be in the way and then fell straight into a pit while Lando was lucky and landed on the slide.

So Bounty Hunter's only weakness is Blind men with sticks who don't know where the Bounty Hunter's are? ;)

Han: "Boba Fett! Where's Boba Fett?"

Boba Fett: "Aaaahhh!" (Like a girl :D )

Sarlacc: "Burp" :p
 Paragon_Leon
08-02-2001, 4:43 PM
yeah, that and Sail barges that just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
oh. and on/off switches on their rocketpacks that seem to work wherever you hit it...
:p
 Tie Guy
08-02-2001, 4:49 PM
Hmm, that makes me wonder what the counter for the bounty hunter is then.
 Paragon_Leon
08-02-2001, 4:52 PM
why, that's easy !
the counter for bounty hunters are the technologies 'bad luck' and 'unfortunate circumstances'..
:D
Page: 1 of 1