Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

N00B to SWBattlefront.net

Page: 1 of 1
 GrooveSim
09-19-2004, 10:10 AM
SW: Battlefront is a game I've been looking forward to ever since it was first announced. I'll be picking up the Xbox version and taking it on Live. But it looks like it has tons going for it.

The reviews are coming in, as most of you have seen, and this is a case of "good news, bad news" but in the end I'll rely on the one review that really counts - mine.

I decided to join these forums mainly because the official forum at LucasArts.com leaves alot to be desired - to put it mildly. I'm an "older" gamer and while I'm encouraged to know the future of gaming is set based on how many pre-teens or younger people(aka kids) seem to frequent that and many forums, I still feel a need to interact with people who can actually make sense, or at least hold their own in a conversation. I guess it really boils down to ones' own level of maturity, and age really isn't an indicator of that, if you get my drift.

I also noticed a total lack of developer and publisher input on those forums and wondered if Lucas or Pandemic or both actually participated in these forums? Whatever the case, I'm stoked for Battlefront.
 Alegis
09-19-2004, 10:24 AM
We have dev input. We knew the full map list for months, the developers have posted here EXCLUSIVE wallpapers (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135713), some Q&A etc. We weren't left in the cold ;)

Many dislike IGN already because it brought a disturbance in their faith for battlefront. Then come some new footage and everyone is happy again :) a demo is the best review, i say.
 Mountainforest
09-19-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Alegis
Many dislike IGN already because it brought a disturbance in their faith for battlefront. Then come some new footage and everyone is happy again :) a demo is the best review, i say.

I don't think we should lay that negatove input aside to quick. It mihgt not be as bad as they say, but they probably aren't completely wrong either.
Everything who thinks all negative input is crap will be very disapointed when the game comes out, and that doesn't only apply on battlefront.

BTW, welcome to the forums :D
 GrooveSim
09-19-2004, 11:51 AM
Alegis; Some sweet looking wallpapers. Good to know the devs are providing input here. I find it fairly uncommon that demos act as a good barometer for judging a game though. There are exceptions, like the Battlefront demo, but again, this would be an exception rather than the rule.

Mountainforest; thanks for the welcome. :)
 Mex
09-19-2004, 12:39 PM
Welcome to the forums! I hope you become a regular poster and erm. Post alot?

:indif: Welcome anyways.
 DieStarWarsGeek
09-19-2004, 2:00 PM
Welcome, it's always nice to know there are some older players out there too :)
 obi
09-19-2004, 5:26 PM
Yea, Welcome to our humble forums. If you have any questions, ask, and we'll try our best to answer it.

Hope to see you around ;)
 ET Warrior
09-19-2004, 8:10 PM
:wavey:

Hiho there mr new guy :D
 Revlt Coranier
09-19-2004, 8:36 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
:wavey:

Hiho there mr new guy :D

I always think that wavey smiley is so cute! :D
 Evil Dark Jedi
09-20-2004, 1:16 AM
Welcome!

I hope you like your time here and check out Yoda's Swamp (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=162)

That place is pretty good. Well I like it anyway.

Welcome again :wavey:
 Lynk Former
09-20-2004, 2:50 AM
Yoda's Swamp... aka the Scum Bucket :p
 GrooveSim
09-20-2004, 5:19 AM
I appreciate the welcome everybody. I've been checking out the forums (including Yoda's Swamp) and they're definitely thriving.
 SilentWolf
09-23-2004, 11:52 AM
Hello, GrooveSim. If you can't tell, I'm new too.
 GrooveSim
09-23-2004, 1:53 PM
We be cleanin' Banthas. Welcome. Have some popcorn. :maize:
 mr.piercy
09-23-2004, 10:07 PM
welcome indeed. and i will have sum popcorn

the battlefront awaits!!!!
 Sabretooth
09-24-2004, 6:55 AM
Well, well. The release is out and the n00bs start rolling in.

How... lavish.

Allow me to introduce myself. I am Sabretooth. The whacked-out mind-changing paranoid with multiple identities.

I don't sell bananas.

I hang out in many places, especially the Swamp. Also, look at my fanfic if you feel like it.

I don't sell any other fruit.

My speciality here is my old-fashioned desktop and my quality of being the.. ahem... AUTHOR, CREATOR, ORIGINATOR AND FIRST READER OF THE OFFICIAL SWAMPERS' LIST!!

I've been thinking of a TaunTaun Slicers' list, but nobody's too unique just yet...

Oh yes, don't send me spam or salesmen or I'll hurt you with my flying hanky power.

Thank you.
Page: 1 of 1