Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Fable

Page: 1 of 1
 Phanto/\/\
09-14-2004, 8:44 AM
This one game has almost convinced me to buy an XBOX and log my 60 hours in on this rpg but i have some worries...I know XBOX is a better console than the ps2 and xbox live is all good but is xbox live really worth the money? I mean i can play Socom 2 all i want for free online. Also how hard are the controllers to get used to? Lastly, people who have opinions on to get or not to get an xbox please share them.

PS-Please don't start a flame war just share your opinion.
 Jaden Malip
09-14-2004, 8:53 AM
I went to the company that made it in march/april for work experience. It wasn't completely done yet, but the game is great. Personally, i thought the controllers were pretty easy to get used to. Just not the massive controllers though.
 ckcsaber
09-14-2004, 8:59 AM
This is a great time to buy an x-box. Fable is being released today and Halo 2 is about 2 months away.

I am seriously thinking about getting Live just for Halo 2. It looks great, and bots will not be included so Live is the only multi-player option other than system link and just having friends over.

The controllers are great, whether you want the older Duke controller or the smaller more compact S-controller.

Also, I can't say enough about the custom sound-track feature. I rip songs onto my x-box hard drive and can play then in some games, i.e. NFL 2k5. It has this great feature where you can create your own stadium music.

Anyways, I'd recommend buying one, since this is the cheapest it will be until the X-box 2 is released sometime next year.
 Phanto/\/\
09-14-2004, 9:03 AM
Thanks, i think i will buy one now, ha oh well the money had to be spent on something right? I'm really interested in fable and not only that xbox has kotor.
 Revlt Coranier
09-14-2004, 4:47 PM
Man, I was thinking about getting one, then Fable pushed me over the edge. I won an Xbox w/ 21 games on eBay the other day. It should arrive within a week. :D. I want to get Fable and Halo 1 and 2 (when it comes out).
 RoxStar
09-14-2004, 5:03 PM
If you like networking you could alwys consider XBOXConnect.
 Revlt Coranier
09-14-2004, 7:44 PM
What is it?
 BurnsU
09-14-2004, 9:37 PM
Got Fable today!

Great game, everyone should buy it.
 Phanto/\/\
09-15-2004, 5:57 AM
:( my EB ran out of copies of fable and i have too much money in gift cards to buy it somewhere else =( oh well i guess ill wait...
 Neon
09-15-2004, 6:27 AM
Just buy the pc game, it's better then the rest
 Jaden Malip
09-15-2004, 7:27 AM
Fable isn't out on PC... yet.... hopefully.
 the_raven_03
09-15-2004, 7:29 PM
This game is amazing. It is definately worth the money. I wish i didn't have any classes tomorrow so I could play all day long.
 Jedi Cerigo
09-29-2004, 12:10 PM
Fable is so good i am so addicted to it . It makes my play when ever i can and i feel like pretending to be sick so i dont have to go to school and i can play.

Everyone buy now.
 Evil Dark Jedi
09-29-2004, 7:52 PM
Originally posted by Jaden Malip
Fable isn't out on PC... yet.... hopefully.

Fable wont be on PC cause on the front of the cover it has well just look at the Fable Cover (http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/5462/2h/images.gamezone.com/screens/18/9/24/b18924_xb.jpg)

The Only for Xbox symbol.
 RoxStar
10-01-2004, 5:56 PM
Originally posted by Revlt Coranier
What is it?

Its a free XBOX Internet service. All you need is a computer, DSL, CABLE, ISDN... etc. and you can play go to www.xbconnect.com)

Originally posted by Evil Dark Jedi
The Only for Xbox symbol. [/B]

Halo has that symbol too...

fixed your link ~ET
Page: 1 of 1