Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars Television Series!

Page: 1 of 1
 SkinWalker
09-12-2004, 5:58 PM
In a recent interview, Mark Hamil was quoted as stating that a Star Wars television show is in the works. Speculation and rumour of this has been circulating for some time, but it's nice to hear it from Luke Skywalker :cool:

I wonder what period the series will be set in? I'd like to see a series set in the period of the Old Republic, but something set in the Corporate Sector just before ANH might be interesting. That could keep it close enough to storylines we all know and love, but far enough away to minimize Jedi Knight/Lightsaber stories. I think that the big problem with a television show is that character development and plot could be eclipsed by the extravagence of Force Users and Lightsabers.

Link: http://comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=6318)

EDIT: Just finished listening to the mp3 file that is linked within the page I link to above. Interesting stuff, I guess. Near the end, Hamil points out the fact that "Star Wars" almost wasn't in the title of the movies. Apparently they felt that having the word "war" in the title could be bad.
 THE BADGER:
09-12-2004, 6:22 PM
I think it would be cool if the series would be based off the time between Ep. 1-3 and Ep. 4-6. What do you think?
 Lynk Former
09-12-2004, 7:20 PM
Nah it'd be better if it DIDn't have anything to do with the movies directly.
 Darth Groovy
09-12-2004, 7:31 PM
After seeing such abominations as "The Ewok Miniseries", and the Star Wars Holiday Special" I have my doubts. However, I AM a true fan. And after Star Trek's ever failing "Enterprise", and the fact that something as horrid as "Stargate SG-1" has become so popular, it may not be all that hard to make something watchable this time.

*shrugs*
 swphreak
09-12-2004, 7:53 PM
Hey, Stargate freaking rocks man. Especially Atlantis.

As long as the show isn't a "micro series" 3 minutes long, I can watch it.
 thejeditraitor
09-12-2004, 7:58 PM
this has been known for a while.
after ep 3 is out they are going to have some kind of series on tv.
rumor has it it may explore boba fett and his exploits.
 SkinWalker
09-12-2004, 8:11 PM
I'm with SWP, Stargate is hands-down the best scifi show on television right now.

Of course, I might be biased since on of it's main characters is an Anthropologist/Archaeologist :cool:
 Darth Groovy
09-12-2004, 8:22 PM
Hmmph.... I must be biased. Last few times I watched SG-1 I hated it. Then again...I hated the movie as well.

As far as I am concerned, Sci-Fi TV has not been the same since The X-Files died off. (yes, the later episodes were crap, but remember the way it USED TO BE?) The original Twilight Zone also comes to mind. And although I am no trekkie, STNG was a very good series.

Guess I am getting too old afterall. :(
 Tyrion
09-12-2004, 8:44 PM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy

Guess I am getting too old afterall. :(

Damn straight Grooves.

:D

Anyway, I guess this could be interesting. Could being the keyword.

And for the record, SG-1 rocks.
Page: 1 of 1