Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Canderous Melee mod is available for download

Page: 1 of 1
 Achilles
09-11-2004, 8:31 PM
..from my website.

A blurb from one of the readme files:

Creator's Notes

Canderous as a ranged-weapons fighter never made much sense to me. He comes "pre-packaged" with a lot of Strength and Constitution and not very much Dexterity...not to mention his unique Regeneration ability. In my opinion, this makes him a perfect Melee fighter.

To "correct" this mix-up I exchanged his Heavy Weapons feats for Melee and his Power Blast, Improved Power Blast, and Rapid Shot for Improved Power Attack, Critical Strike, and Flurry. Similarly, I replaced the Ordo Repeating Blaster with an all-new Ordo Assault Blade

The Ordo Assault Blade is included in the the download. Readme's for both the blade and Canderous can be found on the Miscellaneous page of my website.
 RedHawke
09-11-2004, 10:50 PM
This one is sure to be a crowd-pleaser, and once again, a very cool idea Achillies! :D
 kata_mad
09-12-2004, 1:46 AM
Nice idea, though for some reason I cannot download anything from your site, It comes up with an error message saying "Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded" Do you know which options it is on about as i am stumped.
 Achilles
09-12-2004, 1:50 AM
Originally posted by kata_mad
Nice idea, though for some reason I cannot download anything from your site, It comes up with an error message saying "Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded" Do you know which options it is on about as i am stumped. Tools>Internet Options
Click on the Security tab
Make sure your settings are Medium

Otherwise, check your firewall/security applications to see if they are blocking downloads.
 kata_mad
09-12-2004, 2:50 AM
I tried that but it only allows me to download some of the mod's eg i can download the council lightsabers pack but not the default clothing change.
 Darth Dex
09-12-2004, 3:23 AM
Werid I don't know what to tell you kata_mad20. Anyways, great idea Achilles!
 Darth_ToMeR
09-12-2004, 3:57 AM
Nice.
 Mono_Giganto
09-12-2004, 12:54 PM
LoL YES, Canderous is a Melee fighter! I always end up selling his blaster on Dantooine for that very reason. :)
 Mav
09-12-2004, 12:58 PM
Good Stuff Achillies
 Amezaroth
09-13-2004, 6:21 AM
At last, this has been a thorn in my side since the day I bought the game, why did Bioware give canderous the stats of an melee fighter but a ranged weapon it just doesn't make sense or at least it didn't until now... Thanks Achilles for giving me peace of mind once more.
 stingerhs
09-13-2004, 9:51 AM
hmm, i'm thinkin that this was a good idea. your point is well taken that canderous should have been a melee fighter. however, you should note that the only thing keeping him a blaster weilding thug is the heavy weapons feat tree. all of his other starting feats are from his soldier class.

don't get me wrong, this was a great idea, and i'm pretty sure you spent a descent amount of time on it, but i'm thinking that you can turn him into a better melee fighter just with his default feats. But thats just my particular point of view...
 Achilles
09-13-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by stingerhs
hmm, i'm thinkin that this was a good idea. your point is well taken that canderous should have been a melee fighter. however, you should note that the only thing keeping him a blaster weilding thug is the heavy weapons feat tree. all of his other starting feats are from his soldier class.

don't get me wrong, this was a great idea, and i'm pretty sure you spent a descent amount of time on it, but i'm thinking that you can turn him into a better melee fighter just with his default feats. But thats just my particular point of view... Not sure what you mean. "His" defalt feats include the entire Heavy Weapons tree. Not sure why he still needs those if he's a melee fighter :confused:

Please explain.
 stingerhs
09-13-2004, 12:14 PM
what i mean is that he comes stock (out of the box, default, not modded, etc :p ) with the heavy weapons proficiency/focus/specialization. my point was that canderous can be MADE into a melee fighter by leveling him up that way. sorry for the confusion. ;P
 Mono_Giganto
09-13-2004, 1:06 PM
what i mean is that he comes stock (out of the box, default, not modded, etc :p ) with the heavy weapons proficiency/focus/specialization. my point was that canderous can be MADE into a melee fighter by leveling him up that way. sorry for the confusion. ;P

Well noq you can level him up even further that way. :D
 Achilles
09-13-2004, 3:49 PM
what i mean is that he comes stock (out of the box, default, not modded, etc :p ) with the heavy weapons proficiency/focus/specialization. my point was that canderous can be MADE into a melee fighter by leveling him up that way. sorry for the confusion. ;P Yes, he can but if he's a melee fighter, why would you want to? Wouldn't you rather a melee fighter come with melee feats? I would :D
 thisguyrich
02-27-2007, 8:23 PM
Does anyone have this that can send it to me, or point me to somewhere else that it can be downloaded from? Apparently Achilles site is still frozen.
Page: 1 of 1