Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jaina Solo

Page: 1 of 1
 Furball
09-09-2004, 10:00 AM
Ive been looking for a pic of Jaina Solo that would make a good avatar. I cant find one please help.
 adillon
09-09-2004, 11:13 AM
doing a google image search ...

http://images.google.com/images?q=jaina+solo&ie=UTF-8&hl=en)

or checking The Jedi Encyclopedia ...

http://jediencyclopedia.150m.com/jainasolo.html)

hope you can find something there. :D
 Furball
09-09-2004, 11:31 AM
grazie
and speaking of avatars, can you use your own on this forum?
 swphreak
09-10-2004, 6:57 AM
FurBall, you're my new best friend.
 Sivy
09-10-2004, 7:21 AM
Originally posted by Furball
and speaking of avatars, can you use your own on this forum?

yes, although they can't be bigger than 70 x 70 pixels nor larger than 20kb. you can use jpegs or gifs and you can upload them by clicking on 'User CP', 'Change Options' then 'Change Avatar'
 Furball
09-10-2004, 9:28 AM
Originally posted by Siv
yes, although they can't be bigger than 70 x 70 pixels nor larger than 20kb. you can use jpegs or gifs and you can upload them by clicking on 'User CP', 'Change Options' then 'Change Avatar'
Grazie
Although I figured it out myself :)
 Furball
09-10-2004, 9:29 AM
Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak
FurBall, you're my new best friend.
Another Jaina Solo fan huh?
She is just like I am lol
 adillon
09-10-2004, 9:52 AM
your avatar looks a little squished, furball.
 Furball
09-10-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by adillon
your avatar looks a little squished, furball.
Yea I had to resize it
 kipperthefrog
09-16-2004, 6:33 AM
want me to make an avatar that dont look squashed?

what was jaina solo like?
 primalunderdog
10-09-2004, 2:19 PM
Hey Furball Jaina Solo is cool,you are like the only person(besides me)that likes her.Though i think her aunt Mara Jade is cooler.
 Lieutenant_kettch
10-12-2004, 9:11 AM
both jaina and mara are great, but jaina is arguably a better jedi
 Shok_Tinoktin
10-12-2004, 5:48 PM
Originally posted by rcsquirrel900
both jaina and mara are great, but jaina is arguably a better jedi

I'll take up your oppourtunity to argue it. Mara is the better Jedi, but Jaina is of course the better pilot.
 kipperthefrog
10-12-2004, 7:21 PM
I never read the novels.
personality wise what was Jaina and Mara like?
 Lieutenant_kettch
10-13-2004, 7:34 AM
i dunno about that shok, she is an amazing pilot(no contest between them), however, i think she could hold her own in jediismness against mara, and i believe she does have an upper hand. Mara has more experience, but jaina seems more daring, and i think that sets the two apart
 primalunderdog
10-17-2004, 4:12 PM
Yeah i got to give you that.
 Shok_Tinoktin
10-17-2004, 4:28 PM
The reason that I say that Mara is the better Jedi, is that her experience is far greater, and she has had time to think about and develop what exactly a Jedi is supposed to be. Aside from just experience, she has also had more training, given a lot of that was from the Emperor, it is clear in the Hand of Thrawn duology, that she was able to easily adapt that to being a Jedi. Jaina is too anxious for battle, which is very dangerous for a Jedi. Just read The Unifying Force to see what I mean. I would say at the beginning of NJO, she was a better Jedi than her brothers (still not as good as Mara though), but their characters developed towards being better Jedi, but her character strayed away a little, and seems to now be better suited as a pilot than a Jedi.
 Lieutenant_kettch
10-18-2004, 7:13 AM
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
The reason that I say that Mara is the better Jedi, is that her experience is far greater, and she has had time to think about and develop what exactly a Jedi is supposed to be. Aside from just experience, she has also had more training, given a lot of that was from the Emperor, it is clear in the Hand of Thrawn duology, that she was able to easily adapt that to being a Jedi. Jaina is too anxious for battle, which is very dangerous for a Jedi. Just read The Unifying Force to see what I mean. I would say at the beginning of NJO, she was a better Jedi than her brothers (still not as good as Mara though), but their characters developed towards being better Jedi, but her character strayed away a little, and seems to now be better suited as a pilot than a Jedi.

hmm, i think i see my problem here, i view her as a better Sith, not a better Jedi, she is too rash to be a better Jedi, and being more daring is more dark because it is aggressive. Hmm, i change to mara being a better Jedi, Jaina a better sith
 swphreak
10-18-2004, 8:21 AM
Jaina was never a Sith. She was at the most a Dark Jedi. And Mara is a Jedi Master and for a good reason too, she's far more experienced. She could easily kick Jaina's ass.

Jaina was the better goddess though :D
 Lieutenant_kettch
10-18-2004, 8:28 AM
Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak
Jaina was never a Sith. She was at the most a Dark Jedi. And Mara is a Jedi Master and for a good reason too, she's far more experienced. She could easily kick Jaina's ass.

Jaina was the better goddess though :D

I never said jaina is a sith... how is she even a dark jedi... although i haven't read unifying force... anyway, what i was saying was that jaina would MAKE a better Sith, and as a Sith, she could beat Mara, and i agreed that mara is a better Jedi
 Shok_Tinoktin
10-18-2004, 9:47 AM
he said "at the most"

Regardless, have you read Dark Journey? (Or even the title and cover if you think about it a little)
 Lieutenant_kettch
10-18-2004, 10:00 AM
he said "at the most"

Regardless, have you read Dark Journey? (Or even the title and cover if you think about it a little)

yes, yes i have, and just because she embraced the dark side for a while does not make her a dark jedi.

but she doesn't even qualify as "at the most" she is light, simple as that, but she would make a better sith
 Shok_Tinoktin
10-18-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Lieutenant_kettch
yes, yes i have, and just because she embraced the dark side for a while does not make her a dark jedi.

what does make someone a dark jedi. she is a jedi, and she used the dark side. I think that at least qualifies the use of an "at the most"
 Lieutenant_kettch
10-18-2004, 10:32 AM
what does make someone a dark jedi. she is a jedi, and she used the dark side. I think that at least qualifies the use of an "at the most" most jedi i know pf have used the dark side, but that does not make them dark jedi, if they primarily use the dark side, they are a dark jedi
 Shok_Tinoktin
10-18-2004, 10:38 AM
hence the was at the most a dark jedi. there was a time when she, IMO used primarily the dark side, thus making here a dark Jedi by your definition.
 Lieutenant_kettch
10-19-2004, 7:35 AM
hence the was at the most a dark jedi. there was a time when she, IMO used primarily the dark side, thus making here a dark Jedi by your definition.

true true, see what linguistics do to us? i read she was at most a dark jedi to mean she is a dark Jedi(seeing as this happenes a long long time ago...) whereas he meant it as there was a time she was dark. I will have to agree with that. Although, she would still be a better sith...IMO
 primalunderdog
10-22-2004, 9:25 AM
I think so too,I think at one time she was on the dark side.
 Astrotoy7
10-23-2004, 12:52 AM
Jaina is one of my fave SW/EU characters of all time... believe ot ot not, if we ever have a daughter we will call her Jaina, or Mara.... but its not likely to happen anytime soon

:p

mtfbwya
 Boba Rhett
10-23-2004, 1:08 AM
Believe it or not, I've always planned on naming my daughter Mara. :eek: Pretty odd for me to say that, huh? :D
 *Yoinked*
10-23-2004, 2:35 AM
Yes it is odd, more importantly, do I care? No....

btw Nice sig Astrotoy7...

-Adam G
 Astrotoy7
10-29-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
Believe it or not, I've always planned on naming my daughter Mara. :eek: Pretty odd for me to say that, huh? :D

well, those hay fumes in the barn have probably taken their toll....

:p

we have a Mara in our extended family. It is a common Italian name(although Im not Italian myself of course)......... she is a bit fruitty tho and in no way reminds me of The Emperors Hand :(

mtfbwya
Page: 1 of 1