Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

No Final Battle? :-/

Page: 1 of 1
 BigT
09-08-2004, 3:22 PM
Alright, I get to the end to fight Malak, and I go up to talk to him and the dialog used before he shuts the door for the star forge to attack you is used again for some off reason. After that, the convo ends and I'm just standing there waiting to do something, I try to talk to him again, nothing happens. His name is in blue, so I can't attack its very weird.

I have a ton of Mods, so I'm not sure which one is causing it if thats the problem, I have the patches, but this is just weird.
 MTV2
09-08-2004, 3:26 PM
Do you have all the game requirements?
And if you have alot of mods, then create a temporary file and put all the mods in there then when you finish malak put them back in override.
btw: thats wat i use when i get stuck, and it works 88% of the time
 Achilles
09-08-2004, 3:27 PM
Originally posted by BigT
Alright, I get to the end to fight Malak, and I go up to talk to him and the dialog used before he shuts the door for the star forge to attack you is used again for some off reason. After that, the convo ends and I'm just standing there waiting to do something, I try to talk to him again, nothing happens. His name is in blue, so I can't attack its very weird.

I have a ton of Mods, so I'm not sure which one is causing it if thats the problem, I have the patches, but this is just weird. I guarantee you that it's one of the mods :D

Has the game worked before?
If yes, what mods have you installed between then and now?
If you remove the mod(s) does it work again?
If so, which mod did you remove before it began working again?
Did you check the readme files for potential conflicts?

Answering these questions should help you to troubleshoot the issue yourself, however feel free to let us know if you need more help.
 BigT
09-08-2004, 3:41 PM
I did what MTV2 said and it worked, so it was a mod, just not sure which because I have so many, I'll probably just reinstall the mods and make sure none conflict.
 Achilles
09-08-2004, 3:51 PM
Originally posted by BigT
I did what MTV2 said and it worked, so it was a mod, just not sure which because I have so many, I'll probably just reinstall the mods and make sure none conflict. When you figure out which mod it was, you may want to consider letting the creator know so that he/she can update his or her readme.
 Darth333
09-09-2004, 11:03 AM
Do you have a Malak Reskin mod that uses a custom .utc file? I could check the file names when I get home. Perhaps the Malak in the final fight has been replaced by the one from the other scene...so when you talk to him , the other dialog is firing...

*edit* if the following file is in your override folder, remove it for the last battle: sta_45darthmalak.utc . There are two sta_45darthmalak.utc in the game but with different contents: one that you meet where the robots are and the other in the final battle module...i would start checking this first.
Page: 1 of 1