Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Gamecrashes

Page: 1 of 1
 the awakening
09-07-2004, 2:59 PM
Help!!
My game crashes!
Iґll already installed kotor three times, updated to version 1.0.3.0,
have disabled firewall.
The beginning is okay, game starts normal and it works until you go into some door. Location doesn`t load, game crashes and this error warning appears:

AppName:swkotor.exe MODNAME:swkotor.exe
MODVer 1.0.3.0 OFFSET:000a24dd

What the hell is this
:confused:

Can everyone help me out?
Help needed, because iwant playing whitout crashing, that sucks.
 Lorden Darkblade
09-07-2004, 3:10 PM
Do you have any MOD installed in your KotOR?
Whats your Windows version?
What is the configuration of your PC?
We need more information if you want a precise help.
 chinitahunter
09-07-2004, 3:14 PM
Is it any door, or just a particular one?

If it's just that one door, can you maybe tell us which door it is? :)
 MTV2
09-07-2004, 3:25 PM
Why do people just say it doesn't work? you have to specify it, Achilles is always saying that. but, anyways, do you meet the game requirements?
 Darth Dex
09-07-2004, 3:36 PM
Also, if it's a ileagal install that could be the probelm.
 Mono_Giganto
09-07-2004, 4:15 PM
Originally posted by the awakening
Help!!
My game crashes!
Iґll already installed kotor three times, updated to version 1.0.3.0,
have disabled firewall.
The beginning is okay, game starts normal and it works until you go into some door. Location doesn`t load, game crashes and this error warning appears:

AppName:swkotor.exe MODNAME:swkotor.exe
MODVer 1.0.3.0 OFFSET:000a24dd

What the hell is this
:confused:

Can everyone help me out?
Help needed, because iwant playing whitout crashing, that sucks.

Video card problems? RAM shortage? Mod? We need more information. :D lol Achilles
 the awakening
09-08-2004, 7:18 AM
Installed is Windows XP Professional, system requirements are green.
2 Mods are in the override "Dualweapon Mod" and "Manaan Fish-Fest v1".
Graphiccard is ATI Radeon 9800 Pro.
So i erased the Mods but the Problem are still there, but now
:confused: it saved/load and all walls are gone.

The thing with the door, it is no special door, it happens after i played half-1hour.

First crash at the elevator to the slums of taris.
Second at Dantooine, have battled the mandalorians, meet the robot and fight with juhani i went back to the enclave, would leave the area and it save/load and the same white screen, no ground Yourself and partymembers are there, than it crash.

Is it the graphiccard?
Or my antivirusprogramm, which is ANTIVIRUS XP personal edition?
 Achilles
09-08-2004, 8:50 AM
Try reinstalling again and make sure you're anti-virus is disabled while the game is installing. Let us know what happens.

PS: When you reply, please don't start a new thread, just reply to this one. Creating multiple threads for the same issue clutters the boards and then the Moderators have to merge threads :)
 Darth333
09-08-2004, 9:39 AM
Originally posted by Achilles

PS: When you reply, please don't start a new thread, just reply to this one. Creating multiple threads for the same issue clutters the boards and then the Moderators have to merge threads :)
Agreed. I just merged the threads.
Using an old thread is also to your advantage: other users can get the whole story ;)

What catalyst drivers do you have for your graphic card?
 Cadiva
09-15-2004, 9:34 AM
I am also having the same problem on transition areas usually within a half hour to an hour after starting playing.

System specs also meet the minimum requirements and play all other games without any problems.

AMD Athlon 1.5g
80MG HDD
Win XP Pro
1024 Ram
ATI Radeon 8500 with the latest Catalyst 4.9 drivers
DirectX 9.0c

The gfx card could be better I know but it is a supported card and it plays City of Heroes, DAoC, Neverwinter and all 3 expansion packs, The Sims, Morrowind etc without any problems.
 Darth333
09-15-2004, 10:06 AM
Apparently there is a problem with catalyst 4.9 driver. Here is a solution I found at Bioboards - don't blame me if it doesn't work: I never tried it...I still run the game with 4.3 :D

This is a fix i found that works very well to stop the crash when updating to the next map area. I used it and if preformed properly it seems to solve all the problems, and does not mess up any other games as Kontor defaults to the .dll files inside its main folder first. but this .dll inside the main folder has no effect on other games I use 4.8 0n all my other games. the only game this will affect is kontor. and all my AA , anistropic filtering works fine.

Quote: Download the driver pack 4.2 and use winzip to extract to any folder.

Get the file called atioglxx.dl_ and copy to any folder you want (c:\ for example)

Load a command prompt (start/run/cmd) and in the dos box type "expand atioglxx.dl_ atioglxx.dll" no quotes

( note : you have to extract all of the files in the 4.2 patch to a folder, and then go to that folder and look for the atioglxx.dl_ file ( don't just try to extract the one file from the zip). copy atioglxx.dl_ and paste it somewhere else to expand then you can delete the temperary folder that you extracted everthing too cause you don't need anything else out of it , but the atioglxx.dl_ )

You should see somehting like "file atioglxx.dl_ expanded to atioglxx.dll inflated by 112%" or something similar

if it inflated right it will be approxmatly 5,928 KB.

Copy the recently expanded atioglxx.dll to the folder where SW:KOTOR is installed. This will alow you to use the latest Cat drivers for all games EXCEPT Kotor." kotor will use the 4.2 atioglxx.dll but nothing else will.

Maybe this will help some of you!
 Cadiva
09-15-2004, 1:43 PM
Thanks Darth333, I'll give that a shot. Have rolled back the driver to 4.2 as that appears to be the most stable for KotOR that I've seen mentioned on the official Bioware and Lucas Art boards.

Only thing is, I did the expanded dll but it's only showing a file size of around 2,452.

Still anything's worth a shot at this moment short of finally giving in and upgrading my gfx card, which would be a hell of a price to pay for a Ј34.99 game to start off with ;)
 Darth333
09-15-2004, 4:49 PM
Originally posted by Cadiva

Only thing is, I did the expanded dll but it's only showing a file size of around 2,452.

Did you follow all the steps?.. to what I recall from others, that was the size of the file when extracted with winzip...but ater this you have to Load a command prompt (start/run/cmd) and in the dos box type "expand atioglxx.dl_ atioglxx.dll" no quotes
 Cadiva
09-16-2004, 6:26 AM
Aye that's expanding the extracted dll from the Catalyst 4.2 drivers so not sure really what's occuring with that.

And, it's still crashing so it looks like the only real option is going to be upgrading my gfx card.

I've tried playing it in 800x600 with the 60 refresh rate and it's still crashing. It only does it on zones where it autosaves/loads, simple transitions between zones where it doesn't need to save doesn't cause the crash.
It's most annoying I must admit.

Might try using the Catalyst 4.3 drivers and see how they work ;)
 shouda
10-17-2004, 3:24 AM
Thanks for the idea:p

I also installed newest graphic driver from ATI 4.9
and it works:p

But i have installed the Ord mantell mod from RedHawk, so there are no problems in game since you want to travel to Ord Mantell,
your monitor become black and you must restart your computer.

And there is another problem, if you where at two planets a film-sequenz with darth malak starts, after that you found your player on the ebon hawk arrestet in the quartier and you can`t go out.

So the idea of new planets are cool but this one doesn`t work.:rolleyes:
 Darth333
10-17-2004, 5:14 AM
Originally posted by shouda
But i have installed the Ord mantell mod from RedHawk, so there are no problems in game since you want to travel to Ord Mantell,
your monitor become black and you must restart your computer.

And there is another problem, if you where at two planets a film-sequenz with darth malak starts, after that you found your player on the ebon hawk arrestet in the quartier and you can`t go out.

So the idea of new planets are cool but this one doesn`t work.:rolleyes:

For future reference and to keep those forums clean and tidy, follow these guidelines when you post ;)

The work bench = technical problems with the original game

Holowan Labs or PM = mod debugging and feedback

Mod authors may not see what you have to say about their mods here and this is the kind of problems they like to be aware of.

Link to the Ord Mandell thread at Holowan: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=136575)

Thanks
 Darkside_tanro
11-05-2004, 10:22 AM
I had the same problem with the movies on, evry i would go into the escape pod it would crash.
Page: 1 of 1