Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

System specs.

Page: 1 of 1
 BlackDark
09-07-2004, 4:35 AM
Hellou i got one problem i cant put on ANTI-ALIASING and higt textures - to everything look god.
when i put it on my game is no going well, thricking - everything is moving in bat steps.... i think you know...
My system specs. - P4 2.0GH, 512 ram, free 7gb hard disc, ATI Radeon 9600SE 128 mb with driver ATI catlyst 4.8 driver... Game is patched to 1.03. plzzzzzz respond to my question to my e-mail adress Please no e-mail posting - use PM system mybe i neeed to change something at video proporties at desktop taskbar?
 Achilles
09-07-2004, 11:51 AM
This needs to be posted in The Work Bench (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=554) (the technical help forum).
 Darth333
09-07-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Achilles
This needs to be posted in The Work Bench (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=554) (the technical help forum).
Indeed, I am moving the post.
 T7nowhere
09-07-2004, 3:45 PM
Are you saying that when high textures and Anti-Alaising are turned on you get very low FPS In KoTOR.

It could be your system can't handel those settings AA will drop your FPS as it takes up more of your PC's system resourses. I have found with Past Ati drivers that KotOR will run slow if Anisotropic Filtering is set to high in the ATI CP as that will also take up alot of system resources. Some games will also take more of a FPS hit with AF than AA.

Try this open up the ATI CP and on the 3d tab select opengl. click custom button and check the box application preference for Anisotropic Filtering click ok and set Anti-Alaising to 2x.

Now in the game set AA to 2x and AF 4x.

If your still getting realy Low fps just keep playing around with the settings until the game plays smoot enough for you.

I haven't used cats 4.8 yet so I don't know how KotOR will react, but with these types of things you will have to keep tweaking them until your satisfied.
 BlackDark
09-08-2004, 6:37 AM
I need to change - proporties - settings - advanced - 3d - and there ist 2 logs "Open GL" and Direct 3d why 2?
And there are 2 options for both settings - i can cahanke open gl to pereformance or quality and i can do same to direct 3d, and there is anti anlayssing slider ( 2-6x) and anistropic slider ( 2-16x) i think.... What is thoes things, what to change?
 T7nowhere
09-09-2004, 7:33 AM
KotOR is an opengl game so tweak only the opengl setting in the 3d tab. If your unsure of what the settings do. then it would probly be best to start with useing the standard balanced settings and see how the game runs.
 BlackDark
09-10-2004, 7:22 AM
thanks for jour saying.

If i put thoes opengl options to 16x , 4x ( highest) tads god?
Page: 1 of 1