Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Anakin's Revenge

Page: 1 of 1
 Imladil
10-07-1999, 10:34 PM
Hey, do you guys get bored with following the same old mission objectives all the time? Me, too!
When Lucasarts revealed the Naboo starfighter, I was struck by how out of place it seemed in the time period covered by the game. Unless, that is, Anakin had been given a chance to visit his old stomping grounds on Tatooine with the ship and exact his revenge for being brought up in slavery!
Try this: choose the Naboo on the very first level, and first destroy all but a few of the attacking probe droids. Leaving a few will give you free time to fly off on your feast of vengeance. There are plenty of neutrals on the ground the pick off, especially in Mos Eisley (sp?)...like the banthas by the city, and also don't miss the skyhoppers in Beggar's Canyon. Sadly, the Sarlacch and Jabba's palace don't show any damage when attacked.
Try it! It's FUN!
--Imladil
 FireFly
10-07-1999, 10:52 PM
Its quite fun to fly the Y-Wing and drop a bomb or two on the bantha herd, and chasing the little speeders through the city is quite challenging if you stay really close to the ground and dont cut corners. The little things are more maneuverable than they look. Also, I'm not sure but I heard somewhere that if you fly by a certain building in the city you can hear cantina music, like in the movie...
 TheForceGuy
10-08-1999, 3:14 PM
Ladil guy,

I'm sure no one really cares If the Naboo Fighter is out of date for Rogue Squadron. The kool part is how the programmers knew that craft was going to be in Episode 1. Pretty OSM. I think the funnest level for The Nabbo Fighter is the Death Star because it is most like Episode 1. You guys checked out the cockpit of that craft. I think it has the best Cockpit.

(hehe he said cock-) (sorry mods)
(a-doodle-do)

Lata

------------------
Never under estimate the power of the Force.
 TheForceGuy
10-08-1999, 3:15 PM
AND I'M SURE THAT NO ONE IS THIS ROGUE SQUADRON FORUM HAS EVER TRIED TO KILL CIVILIANS IN THE GAME...

------------------
 Imladil
10-08-1999, 3:36 PM
HUMMMMM--! Zap! Zap! HUMMMMMMMM--! (sparkle)
"You've failed, your highness! I'll never turn to the dark side!"
Anyway. I, personally, commit dudeicide on a regular basis as a way of sharpening those strafing skills. If they're outside during a fighter battle, they're stupid enough to be removed from the gene pool. I rate the available fighters thusly, on a scale of one to ten of how useful the ship is against ground fodder...
X-wing: 2. May as well throw rocks.
A-wing: 5. Pivoting cannon don't help matters.
Speeder: 7. Run!
Millenium Falcon: 4. Providing the gunner's awake...
TIE interceptor: 5. The maneuverability helps a little.
Y-wing: 8. Using the ion cannon raises additional heck. Bombs go BOOM.
V-wing: 4. The repulsor field is tactically repulsive.
Naboo starfighter: 8. The close-mounted guns make precise fire much easier.
In order to earn a ten on this scale, a ship would have to carry a CENTRALLY-MOUNTED laser cannon. Such a fighter would be highly accurate against tiny little dudes on the ground!
May the Horse berate you. {:-)
 FireFly
10-08-1999, 3:45 PM
You gave the Y-Wing the highest score?!?
 Imladil
10-08-1999, 7:38 PM
Well, only because the bombs are so effective against ground dudes. Otherwise I think the Y-wing should be left for crop-dusting missions only...
 CorHorn
10-09-1999, 4:28 PM
You got a major beef with "ground dudes," don't you, Imladil?

------------------
"Cover me, Ten. I'm going in. And for the last time, I WILL NOT PULL YOUR FINGER!!!!"

RAL_RogueNine
 TheForceGuy
10-09-1999, 5:33 PM
The ground dudes never bother me.

------------------
 Lt Guilo
10-09-1999, 5:56 PM
Oh, no? You've never been sputtering along in the Speeder, 1 more hit away from being fragged, and making a pass at a ground target, or gift-wrapping an AT-AT (as I like to call it) when one of the annoying little white-suited insects nails you with a rapid-fire laser blast? KABOOM! No more whining farmboy???

I take it you've never really played the game, then? http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/biggrin.gif)

------------------
¤ Lieutenant Guilo ¤
"Si l'esprit humain йtaient si simple que
nous pourrions le comprendre, nous serions
si simples que nous ne pourrions pas."
 Imladil
10-09-1999, 6:15 PM
I, personally, make a point of charring those little bas****s as I'm going around the AT-AT. You have to aim with your radar, and use the Force a little...
Just don't shoot at things when you're going around the AT-AT by the shield generator on Fest! If you accidentally blow up the generator while you're gift-wrapping the AT-AT, the animation will cut in and you will lose your place on the AT-AT.
It's enough to make a guy zap up every little white dude he sees!
Aussi...j'aime de discuter la philosophie en francais, mais ceci me cause la casse-tete. Ne rien est si simple que ce semblait a la premiere fois, est c'est si simple que je puisse en rendre avec ma vocabulaire stupide. {:-)
 Conor
10-12-1999, 11:39 PM
Here is a term for you. Storm Troopers and Tie Fighters are 'Slaughter Fodder'. http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/smile.gif) It is a term I like to use for Real-Time Strategy games like Warcraft/Starcraft. Just send the fodder into the meat grinder and watch the magic happen. http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/wink.gif)

------------------
"Television captures the imagination but does not liberate it. A good book at once stimulates and frees the mind."
-Bruno Bettelheim
 Imladil
10-13-1999, 2:34 AM
Good example. Some more choice terms:

"Splat Bugs"
"White Trash"
"Targets"
"Stupid Little B******s"
"Zap--Aaugh!"
"Road Chickens"

Overheard in my cockpit:

"Good idea--hide your white *** in the grass!"
"Oh, no...you did NOT shoot that red **** at ME!"
"You are SOO lucky my missiles won't lock onto you!"
"Get your own fighter!"

------------------
"The entire universe is simply the fractal chaos boundary between intersecting domains of high and low energy."

--Imladil the Great
 Lt Guilo
10-13-1999, 6:10 PM
"...you did NOT shoot that red **** at me!"

*ROFLMAO*

------------------
¤ Lieutenant Guilo ¤
"Si l'esprit humain йtaient si simple que
nous pourrions le comprendre, nous serions
si simples que nous ne pourrions pas."
 Lt Cracken
10-31-1999, 8:03 PM
Hide you mutha's.... THE CAPTIAN'S COMMING TO GET YOU!!!!!
Late, ain't I?

------------------
Even if you dodge this, Kakarotto,
THIS PLANET'S GOING UP IN SMOKE!!
Vegeta, DragonBall Z
 Imladil
11-03-1999, 12:28 AM
It's NEVER too late to zap up ground dudes!

..."Wake UP...!"

I think the game would've been more complete if the designers had put in a ground support mission. I get a kick out of incinerating the honkies at Kessel while leaving the rebel commandos unscathed...it's quite a challenge to one's marksmanship. If there had been a level where you were part of a full scale ground offensive...hoo boy! That would have been my favorite level, easily.

------------------
"The entire universe is simply the fractal chaos boundary between intersecting domains of high and low energy."

--Imladil the Wierd

"What do whales think of submarines?"

--Little Jimmy
Page: 1 of 1