Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The future

Page: 1 of 1
 JediKenobi
09-02-2004, 4:38 PM
I have not read many EU books that take place after Return of the Jedi and I was wondering how many years past Return of the Jedi have they gone with EU stories?

- Thanks, JediKenobi:)
 Lord Siraious
09-02-2004, 4:49 PM
About 30-31 years afterwards so far or is that 30-31 years after the battle of Yavin. I keep forgetting.
 Darth Talliusc
09-03-2004, 9:15 AM
best way to find out about official chronology of the books is to go to the book store. grab a new looking hardcover (at least worked for all NJO titles) and look inside the front cover. they generally have the entire chronology in a nice little timeline for you.
 Skinkie
09-04-2004, 8:17 AM
I hated how when they went from one publisher to the other they switched from Years after ROTJ to years after Battle of Yavin. THe old way was so much better, it was like this is how long its been since you last saw the characters, the new way screws with me all the time, I'll just be glancing at the timeline and be like "Whoa 9 years for Thrawn? Oh wait, nine years after Yavin, how gay."
 Master_Keralys
09-07-2004, 8:06 AM
Yeah, the years thing threw me at first, too, but it's more consistent with the internal universe (which dates things from the Battle of Yavin). That consistency is what made the decisions, that and the fact that Lucas dates everything from SWIV.

Post-ROTJ, the NJO ended 26 years after that. 30 after SW IV. But that's all going to change in the next year, because it'll jump out to ROTJ + 31-36 range (SW IV + 35-40) with Troy Denning's upcoming trilogy.
Page: 1 of 1