Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Model Viewer Problems

Page: 1 of 1
 Chitch
08-31-2004, 5:26 AM
I downloaded the Skinning & Modelling Kit from Ravensoft and I cannot get the Model Viewer to work. I keep getting the message "Filesystem call made without initialization" when I try to open a GLM file.

Help! :(
 CortoCG
08-31-2004, 6:27 AM
Check the path to the file. Seems like the model viewer does not allow longer pathnames than 64 chars.
 HapSlash
08-31-2004, 6:37 AM
When veiwing a player model in modview the folders
must be set up so they start at the base folder.

So if you were trying to open the kyle model, the
pathway must read as:

base/models/players/kyle/model.glm

I've also written up a tutorial for using modview
on my site that you can check out if you have
any further questions.

http://www.hapslash.com/modview.html)
 Chitch
08-31-2004, 6:39 AM
The pathname should be okay. I put the "players" folder directly on the C drive. So the path is C\players\model\model.glm

I did run into the pathname problem before this one. That's why I moved it directly onto the C drive. When the pathname was long, it gave me a different error. Something about q_max exceeded or something like that...

:confused:
 Chitch
08-31-2004, 6:42 AM
Hapslash,

Thanks, I hope that is the problem... almost seems too easy :)

I'll give it another try tonight...
 bael1
09-02-2004, 1:53 PM
u need the base, thats where modview reads from, u need,
base/models/players/(wateva ur skininn)/model.glm

or just DL my video tut an watch ow 2 do it, u can get it from www.lucasfiles.com) , it shows u how 2 setup modview properly, it just called 'baels video skinning tutorial' if it isnt on the frontpage no more:)
 lwwiz
09-02-2004, 4:39 PM
Were can i get mod_view? I cant find it anywere.
 bael1
09-05-2004, 12:57 AM
you can download it at my clans website, other than that i dont know, www.nsaclan.com), its in the downloads section.
Page: 1 of 1