Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

NEW! Easy Turret mini game mod

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth333
08-29-2004, 12:18 PM
:x-wing: :naboo: After the easy swoop racing mod, here is the Easy turret mini game mod :naboo: :x-wing:

For those who are having a hard time with the turret mini game, here is an option of two simple mods to make the turret games easier:

- INSTALL ONE OR THE OTHER BUT NOT BOTH -

EZ_TURRET_DAM: reduces the number of hitpoints of the enemies and the damage they cause by half - in short, you last longer and they are destroyed quicly.

EZ_TURRET_NUMBER: removes two ennemy fighters so you end up with 4 ennemies to fight instead of 6.

==============================
Installation/Removal of mod

Extract one of the M12ab.mod files to your MODULES folder.

To remove, simply delete the file.

To download here:
 svцsh
08-29-2004, 1:13 PM
HE HE my cousin will love you for this darth. Great work :thmbup1: although I don’t mind the normal turret game this will help for the people that hate it.

svцsh
 Mono_Giganto
08-29-2004, 2:49 PM
:thmbup1: Nice! Yeah I know a few people who will love this. Tell me though, was this hard to do? If it wasn't, could you maybe PM me how you did it? I'd like to try making it HARDER. :D

______:tie:
____:tie: ______ :x-wing:______ :vsd:
__:tie:
:tie:

Something like that LOL.______
 T7nowhere
08-29-2004, 3:50 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
[B]EZ_TURRET_NUMBER: removes two ennemy fighters so you end up with 4 ennemies to fight instead of 6.

I never thought to look into changing the number of fighters, I guess I assumed you couldn't :) BUT if you can reduce the number then how about increasing it to say 12, 16, 20 fighters. ;)
 Nodakrattler
08-29-2004, 4:09 PM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
I never thought to look into changing the number of fighters, I guess I assumed you couldn't :) BUT if you can reduce the number then how about increasing it to say 12, 16, 20 fighters. ;)

Might actually make it enjoyable to play the mini game. I always just found it anoying.

BTW will this conflict with the holowan plug-in or any of your mods already out?
 Darth333
08-29-2004, 5:24 PM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
Unfortunately, for the hardcore fans of the turret mini-game making it harder is different. While removing ennemies requires to simply edit the .are file (the two mods took me not even 5 minutes to do) making it harder would require new track models (models m12ab_mgtxx) :(

Originally posted by Nodakrattler
BTW will this conflict with the holowan plug-in or any of your mods already out?
No, it is 100% compatible with all the other mods released to date :)
 Achilles
08-29-2004, 5:41 PM
making it harder would require new track models (models m12ab_mgtxx) :(

Stupid question: Couldn't you just add more fighters to the existing track but at different points?
 Darth333
08-29-2004, 7:05 PM
I did this mod in less than 5 minutes and didn't really bothered looking further (I am lazy modder this week - too much work at the office). I did not extracted the models or verified if it could be done otherwise. There are different parameters in the .are file...feel free to play with them if you wish :D It may be while before I have enough time to look further :(
 Darth_ToMeR
08-30-2004, 1:00 AM
Nice. I don't play the game but if i play i will install this.
 Colma Adawin
08-30-2004, 9:57 AM
:x-wing: :naboo: After the easy swoop racing mod, here is the Easy turret mini game mod :naboo: :x-wing:

For those who are having a hard time with the turret mini game, here is an option of two simple mods to make the turret games easier:

- INSTALL ONE OR THE OTHER BUT NOT BOTH -

EZ_TURRET_DAM: reduces the number of hitpoints of the enemies and the damage they cause by half - in short, you last longer and they are destroyed quicly.

EZ_TURRET_NUMBER: removes two ennemy fighters so you end up with 4 ennemies to fight instead of 6.

Installation/Removal of mod

Extract one of the M12ab.mod files to your MODULES folder.

To remove, simply delete the file.

To download go to: http://www.pcgamemods.com/7054/)

Sweet mod!! but, i thought the Turret game was TOO easy :p could you try and make a Harder version of the Turret game? like you did with the Medium Swoop Racing.

Thx Darth333, GR8 idea for the other players

MattCole
 Mono_Giganto
08-30-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by MattColejk
Sweet mod!! but, i thought the Turret game was TOO easy :p could you try and make a Harder version of the Turret game? like you did with the Medium Swoop Racing.

Thx Darth333, GR8 idea for the other players

MattCole

Matt you should read a bit more, half this thread is discussing a harder diffculty.

Silly Jedi Master... :p
 Colma Adawin
08-30-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
Matt you should read a bit more, half this thread is discussing a harder diffculty.

Silly Jedi Master... :p

Hmmmmm if you were smart you would've known not to say that <Force Persuade> Your nothing compared to me!

hehehe :p that will teach me for only reading the first post and DL'ing the mod :rolleyes:

MattCole
 Mono_Giganto
08-30-2004, 12:23 PM
[Darth Vader] Your mind control powers are insignificant, compared to the power of a Giant Monkey of Doomness! [/Darth Vader]

Don't mess with me! :D
 Darth333
08-30-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
[Darth Vader] Your mind control powers are insignificant, compared to the power of a Giant Monkey of Doomness! [/Darth Vader]
Don't mess with me! :D

[Darth 333 using dominate mind] You will get back on topic or you will feel my wrath! Don't mess with me! [/dominate mind] :D
Muaaaahhhaahaaa :D

Originally posted by MattColejk
... that will teach me for only reading the first post and DL'ing the mod :rolleyes:
MattCole
Downloading the mod: that is the essential part :p

thanks for the comments guys :)
 Mono_Giganto
08-30-2004, 12:43 PM
AHH!!!! Ok ok I'm sorry!

On topic now :D: Are you planning on making it more difficult? Just curious... :D Like maybe make them fly faster or something, they're too slow, and easy to shoot down. :D
 Darth Dex
08-30-2004, 12:53 PM
nice job Darth333
 stingerhs
08-30-2004, 2:14 PM
hmm, i seem to remember a mod a while back that increased the amount of damage the ebon hawk takes when hit, but i think that would have made the turret game a bit annoying more than anything. btw, i would use this mod, darth333, but i can finish the game in less than 30 sec already. :D
 Darth333
08-30-2004, 2:47 PM
Originally posted by stingerhs
hmm, i seem to remember a mod a while back that increased the amount of damage the ebon hawk takes when hit
I don't remember seing it but it is very easy to do. If anyone is interested, let me know :)
 Mono_Giganto
08-30-2004, 4:34 PM
I'm most definately interested. :) Would be cool to see the health actually go BELOW 75% :D
 tk102
08-31-2004, 10:18 AM
Doh! This mod should have been made a long time ago... good job Darth333. :)
Page: 1 of 1