Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Unable to change options

Page: 1 of 1
 Branovices
08-28-2004, 6:55 PM
It'd be one thing to set the graphics too high and have a slow game... but the game wont even let me change things! I can change the tecture quality(currently set to high).. the anti-aliasing option is greyed out, as is frame buffer effects and soft shadows. It will only let me set Anisotropy to 2x. V-sync is on, as are shadows and grass... my resolution is set to 1024x768 at 60Hz. At these settings the game runs without even a hiccup.
 Achilles
08-28-2004, 7:04 PM
Originally posted by Branovices
It'd be one thing to set the graphics too high and have a slow game... but the game wont even let me change things! I can change the tecture quality(currently set to high).. the anti-aliasing option is greyed out, as is frame buffer effects and soft shadows. It will only let me set Anisotropy to 2x. V-sync is on, as are shadows and grass... my resolution is set to 1024x768 at 60Hz. At these settings the game runs without even a hiccup.
What kind of video card do you have and does it meet the minimum game requirements?
 Branovices
08-28-2004, 7:26 PM
That was quick, i have a Geforce4 MX with 64MB of VRAM
 Darth333
08-28-2004, 7:36 PM
I had that too. The video card is far from being top of the line but hey I played the game with the same card :D

...however, this card has limitations and some options cannot be unlocked since they are not supported. :(
 Branovices
08-28-2004, 8:04 PM
aw, i figured it was probably that.. too bad. I'll be buying a new video card in the near future but i can't decide which.
 Achilles
08-28-2004, 8:14 PM
aw, i figured it was probably that.. too bad. I'll be buying a new video card in the near future but i can't decide which.
Unless you like having problems with drivers, I'd recommend nVidia. I have an ATI card and I have to downgrade my drivers anytime that I want to play KotOR without having to reset my gamma settings every time there's a cutscene.

Then I have turn around and upgrade anytime that I want to play something else.
 Darth333
08-28-2004, 9:08 PM
Achilles: I have ATI 9800 pro and the game runs perfectly. Try catalyst 4.7 :)
 Achilles
08-28-2004, 9:41 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
Achilles: I have ATI 9800 pro and the game runs perfectly. Try catalyst 4.7 :)
I have a 9800 Pro as well and the only driver that doesn't give me gamma setting issues is 3.8 :(
There are people on the Bioware forum that have similar problems but no one knows what causes it.
 Branovices
08-29-2004, 12:30 AM
i was considering buying a radeon 9800 pro... but then again.. more than half my computer was made by nVidia.. oh, oddly i can enable antialiasing on the hardware settings for the card itself, instead of letting it be application controlled. This makes the graphics Much better.
 Branovices
08-29-2004, 12:49 AM
Achilles, whenever i read your messages i hear Ewan McGregor's voice in the Obi-Wan character... The way you word things lends itself well to this phenomena.
 Achilles
08-29-2004, 5:57 PM
Achilles, whenever i read your messages i hear Ewan McGregor's voice in the Obi-Wan character... The way you word things lends itself well to this phenomena.
I'll try to type with a cockney accent from now on if you think it will help :D
Page: 1 of 1