Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Forge Workbench Mod up at My site

Page: 1 of 1
 RedHawke
08-28-2004, 1:24 AM
Hello all,

Just me at it again, this simple mod came from a conversation I had with Achillies awhile ago about there not being a Workbench anywhere on the Star Forge, after all it is a factory, a lousy Workbench could have been somewhere for us to use, and you also get crystals from fallen foe's on the Star Forge to boot! :D

This mod fixes the problem, it simply spawns a Workbench right near the Door where malak kills the 2 Jedi and then tries to kill you with the Star Forge Spider Droids. Once you deal with the Droids now you will have a Workbench for any final saber modifications before you face Darth Malak! :D

Version 1.1 Released 10-18-2004

You can Get The Workbench Here! :emperor: (http://www.citlink.net/~redhawke/)

This uses the same workbench placeable .utp and script from the Rodian Elder Merchant mod so it is ok to overwrite the 2 files when installing one over the other. Or, if you use it, KMM should see they are the same files and handle it accordingly.

Update: Thanks to Ferrek for reporting a bug in this mod that broke the final confrentation with Malak.

I hope you all enjoy it! :D
 Achilles
08-28-2004, 2:09 AM
Great work, RedHawke. I'm glad you remembered that conversation, cuz I forgot all about it :D

De Cem Beer :drink3:
 RedHawke
08-28-2004, 2:20 AM
Originally posted by Achilles
Great work, RedHawke. I'm glad you remembered that conversation, cuz I forgot all about it :D

De Cem Beer :drink3:

Yup... The mind is the first thing to go. :D

What were we talking about again?

Oh yeah...

*Starts chanting new TSL mantra*

De Cem 'Beer' :guiness:
 stingerhs
08-28-2004, 8:41 AM
finally, a mod that is truely useful. i'm gonna have to learn how to script so i can do stuff like that. thanx folks!!!
 Glamador
08-28-2004, 11:56 AM
it would have been more useful if u placed it right outside the star forge map chamber where u fight the semi-final boss cus i hav to say, i didnt find that battle with the three dark jedi nearly as easy as good 'ole malak himself
 RedHawke
08-29-2004, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Glamador
it would have been more useful if u placed it right outside the star forge map chamber where u fight the semi-final boss cus i hav to say, i didnt find that battle with the three dark jedi nearly as easy as good 'ole malak himself

Uh Glamador... you lost me there???

What is a "Star Forge Map Chamber" there isn't an area like that that I recall??? :confused:
 Nodakrattler
08-29-2004, 1:45 AM
I believe he means the area you fight

Bastila(LS) or the three dark jedi(DS)
 RedHawke
08-29-2004, 2:06 AM
Originally posted by Nodakrattler
I believe he means the area you fight

Bastila(LS) or the three dark jedi(DS)

That area is called the Star Forge's Command Center, at least that is how Malak referrs to it... Oh well. :)
 messkell
08-29-2004, 2:40 AM
great concept, RedHawke. It's good to have a workbench on the star forge :)
 Nodakrattler
08-29-2004, 3:04 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
That area is called the Star Forge's Command Center, at least that is how Malak referrs to it... Oh well. :)

You are right on that one. I'd forgotten the actual name till you said it. I can see where he got his name for it though, being that there is a large map in there of the battle.

BTW all of your work is great I have it all added in with the Holowan plug-in, and some of the things I'm working on. Of course I don't know if I'll be putting out things as good as your's.
 RedHawke
10-18-2004, 8:31 PM
Version 1.1 Released

Fixed a glitch that would break the final confrentation with Malak. Thanks to Ferrek for reporting the bug. :D
 TheOutrider
10-18-2004, 8:50 PM
Sweet finally now I could add the crystals that always frustrated me about how you could get crystals but not change them

[Homer Simpson Voice]
:ben:RedHawke, the solution to all of Kotors problems
[/Homer Simpson Voice]
 Raveth
10-19-2004, 5:37 AM
hmm isnt there already one up already ? =S
 RedHawke
10-19-2004, 6:40 PM
Originally posted by Raveth
hmm isnt there already one up already ? =S

:confused: Uh... Raveth it says its an update for the mod, did you even read anything in this thread before you posted this really out of place question? :eyeraise:
 StormSinger
10-27-2004, 6:54 AM
Nevermid
 Darkkender
10-27-2004, 8:34 AM
Originally posted by StormSinger
Actually, you can add a workbench dialog to an armband and have access to it anywhere... without the need for an actual workbench. *shrug*

but that kinda defeats the purpose of the thrill of finding that last minute workbench to make changes with. not too mention downplays Redhawke's excellent work.
 RedHawke
10-27-2004, 9:02 PM
Originally posted by darkkender
not too mention downplays Redhawke's excellent work.
Thank you darkkender. :D
Page: 1 of 1