Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

while u wait??

Page: 1 of 2
 jedi20015
08-26-2004, 10:33 PM
what are u guys doin while u wait til battlefront comes out?? Hi im new ;)... imma get the new street fighter game next week..ugh i cant wait til battlefront ships out here...:vadar:
 Revlt Coranier
08-26-2004, 10:39 PM
My clan and I have been practicing on BF1942 to get ready for Battlefront.
 BobafettMunchie
08-26-2004, 10:43 PM
I've been playing the Halo demo while I wait. And watching the olympics.;)
 jedi20015
08-26-2004, 10:44 PM
ahhh the olympics suck..cept for the basketball ;) man ive never wanted a game as much as this one!! lol there is no way this game can suck!!
 Pak Rendo
08-26-2004, 10:50 PM
Actually, I've been playing that BFV WWII mod from EA.That is surprisingly fun even though there are just like three maps.
 Revlt Coranier
08-26-2004, 10:51 PM
BFV?
 THE BADGER:
08-26-2004, 10:52 PM
Battlefield:Vietnam=BFV
 jedi20015
08-26-2004, 11:38 PM
cool cool...i really think they need to update the battlefront website...maybe by the end of the month they will have all the info on there :d
 Revlt Coranier
08-26-2004, 11:49 PM
I can't believe they still haven't posted the Imperial faction yet. We already know what all their units are.
 Virtuosis
08-26-2004, 11:52 PM
Playing GTA:3. And SOCOM, not really having to wait for anything I've been keeping myself busy, but it will be well worth the wait.
 El Sitherino
08-27-2004, 12:23 AM
this actually belongs in the sliced taun taun but whatever.

welcome to our digital world of idiocy and plastic lightsabers. :)

I'll probably just do what I normally do, smoke, drink, sleep, eat, sleep, drink, watch some movies, smoke, drink, sleep.
Then Battlefront will come and bam!
 Revlt Coranier
08-27-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
I'll probably just do what I normally do, smoke, drink, sleep, eat, sleep, drink, watch some movies, smoke, drink, sleep.

:eek: Smoking is bad for you! :eek:
 jedi20015
08-27-2004, 12:55 AM
lol i smoke too :( and ill be drinkin by the time battlefront comes out lol ...i turn 21 on the 12th!! and battleront comes out on the 21st its my destiny!!! lol
 Darth Groovy
08-27-2004, 2:11 AM
I'll probably play Halo, read my Halo books, and read stuff about Halo 2.

I smoke as well.

Damn I wish we had a master chief smiley. http://hometown.aol.com/jtcgiants56/images/halofgf.gif)
 Jason Fett
08-27-2004, 2:57 AM
For now, making out with my Girlfriend seems to be passing the time.
 Revlt Coranier
08-27-2004, 3:07 AM
Jason Fett has a good plan.

But the rest of you, shame shame shame. STOP SMOKING NOW, or I'll rip your arm off and beat you with it. Unless, of course, the smoking kills you first ;).
 jedi20015
08-27-2004, 4:49 AM
lol wat do u guys smoke??
 Sabretooth
08-27-2004, 7:48 AM
Originally posted by jedi20015

Longbottom and Westfarthing Weed, best anytime. :cool:

I'll do the usual, and see if Neverwinter Nights cathces my interest. I'll also look for a better graphic card, which I need desperately.
 Evil Dark Jedi
08-27-2004, 8:02 AM
Ummmmmmm smokes contain over 4000 chemicals and has tar in it aswell :barf2:I just come here(to LF) to pass the time and go to school.:mad:
 Pad
08-27-2004, 8:44 AM
Letґs see:
- Partying and drinking (a lot)
- Designing all kinds of stuff and getting paid for it
- Browsing LF an EB (with a 56k atm)
- Playing some CoD when I have time
 ET Warrior
08-27-2004, 9:57 AM
Originally posted by Jason Fett
For now, making out with my Girlfriend seems to be passing the time.

Yeah, but eventually she's gonna wanna TALK, and THEN you're stuck :xp:

My girlfriend lives 100 miles away from me now, and I am a sad sad fellow
 Revlt Coranier
08-27-2004, 1:16 PM
Originally posted by Evil Dark Jedi
Ummmmmmm smokes contain over 4000 chemicals and has tar in it aswell :barf2:I just come her to pass the time and go to school.:mad:

Yea. What he said ^. It's even worse than standing with your face over the grill when you are barbecuing poop and asphalt.
 Jason Fett
08-27-2004, 2:00 PM
Originally posted by Evil Dark Jedi
Ummmmmmm smokes contain over 4000 chemicals and has tar in it aswell :barf2:I just come her to pass the time and go to school.:mad:

Yes but what that come her part all about?
 yaebginn
08-27-2004, 2:02 PM
only ciggarette smoke is bad. Cigar smoke is ok. But my personal preference is pipes. Its a good collectable, and you can fiddle with them more than cigars. And I can look alot like Huckk Finn. Not a big fan of cigarettes, dont much care for them, havent tried cigars much, and dont wanna get into drugs. Pipes are the way to go. But what I cant stand, is those teachers that tell you drinking is horribly bad for you, and smoking naything is horribly baf for you. Drinking in large doses is bad for your liver and such, but a bit a day is actually good for you. and pipe smokers have a longer life expectancy the n on pipe smokers on average. Something about calming you and keeping your blood pressure at a good level or something.
 Revlt Coranier
08-27-2004, 2:25 PM
Any smoke is bad. Cigarette smoke is a just a lot worse than cigars or pipes. They are still bad for you.
 yaebginn
08-27-2004, 2:28 PM
not true at all. Thats just what the schools are telling you. In reality, as long as you dont act like a moron and inhale the pipesmoke, its fine for you. Cigars arent bad at all, either.
 ET Warrior
08-27-2004, 2:45 PM
Even if it's not bad for you it still smells like crap and makes me sick to my stomach ;)
 Mountainforest
08-27-2004, 2:47 PM
We are training with some demos (including the battlefield ones) too.
 yaebginn
08-27-2004, 2:49 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
Even if it's not bad for you it still smells like crap and makes me sick to my stomach ;)

its an aquired thing. It smells good, and makes you sick? It did at first, but now not at all.
 LightNinja
08-27-2004, 2:51 PM
Originally posted by Revlt Coranier
My clan and I have been practicing on BF1942 to get ready for Battlefront.
If you ever show a guy called c0ol-sp0t shooting up heads in 64 ppl servers (always in less than the 7th rank :p), was me ;). Althought i dont play since June..
 Revlt Coranier
08-27-2004, 3:07 PM
inhaling smoke into your lungs is bad for you. and that is what cigarettes, pipes, and cigars do. pipes and cigars may not be THAT bad for you, but they still do damage.
 El Sitherino
08-27-2004, 3:59 PM
the reefer.
What I do to my body is my choice and my choice alone. :)
next person that tells me to stop smoking is gonna get a joint put out on his/her face. kthxbai.
Anyway, I'll probably just ramble on with ET on msn messenger waiting until 4 when my girlfriend gets home from school. Speaking of, ET get on msn, like actually there, not just signed on and wandering off to touch yourself in your happy place.
 yaebginn
08-27-2004, 4:12 PM
Originally posted by Revlt Coranier
inhaling smoke into your lungs is bad for you. and that is what cigarettes, pipes, and cigars do. pipes and cigars may not be THAT bad for you, but they still do damage.

dont listen to that drug ed. teahcer bull. With pipes, you just suck in, and puff out. no lung inhalation. and Insanesith, that explains alot of your behavior. :D
 jedi20015
08-27-2004, 4:18 PM
damn i like u guys already!! lol all i smoke right now is cigs been smokin for about a year...i turn 21 next month..and battlefront comes out of the 21st isnt that funny;)...anyways imma get drunk off my ass!! **** man i wanna score some weed but i dont know how :(( lol...
 Revlt Coranier
08-27-2004, 4:19 PM
There are drug ed. teachers? I don't have one. :/ And ain't you a little young to be smokin, lol (yaebginn, not the 20-year-old guy)?
 Jason Fett
08-27-2004, 4:36 PM
I hear alcohol kills more brain cells than weed.Although Ive never smoked a joint in my life!
 yaebginn
08-27-2004, 5:56 PM
damn i like u guys already!! lol all i smoke right now is cigs been smokin for about a year...i turn 21 next month..and battlefront comes out of the 21st isnt that funny;)...anyways imma get drunk off my ass!! **** man i wanna score some weed but i dont know how :(( lol...

man, dnt get into weed, thats not cool. That stuff is messed up. Lke, it turns you schitzo, dont fool around with that stuff, seriosuly. I met a few people who do that, and they are seriously screwed up. and revlt, what do you mean too young?
 El Sitherino
08-27-2004, 6:09 PM
Originally posted by Jason Fett
I hear alcohol kills more brain cells than weed. that is true, not many people accept this.
what explains my behaviour is when I forget to take my meds. :xp:
 jedi20015
08-27-2004, 6:15 PM
lol yeah i heard u get paranoid from smokin too much weed but oh well...i wanna get ****ed up and watch some johnny bravo!! This girl told me its funny as hell when u watch it when u are high...lol
 yaebginn
08-27-2004, 6:20 PM
man, I'm serious, all the people I met who are into that are screwed up. their families dont wanna hang around with them at all, they constantly get in jail and stuff. its not worth it.
 ET Warrior
08-27-2004, 6:28 PM
Originally posted by yaebginn
its an aquired thing. It smells good, and makes you sick? It did at first, but now not at all.

Well I dont want to have to go through the hacking and nausea just to do something that in the end isn't really healthy for me. Smoking pipes isn't really bad for your LUNGS, but it increases your risks of mouth cancer. It's just like chewing tobacco. :dozey:
 yaebginn
08-27-2004, 6:30 PM
rubbish. it actually increases your life span (so the surveys say) and it all depends on who likes it. I like it, some other dont. no problem for me.
 Jason Fett
08-27-2004, 6:36 PM
How are yall putting that **** in your sigs?And can someone hook me up with one?
 ET Warrior
08-27-2004, 6:41 PM
What is it you want in your sig, specifically.

And it's not rubbish. There is tobacco in Pipes. Tobacco is a carcinogen, you are pulling tobacco into your mouth. Thus, you are increasing your risks of mouth cancer. You can still live after getting mouth cancer, it won't necessarily kill you, so your lifespan MAY be longer, but you also might have to live it without a lower jaw.
 Jason Fett
08-27-2004, 6:43 PM
Myabe like jango an fett back to back with my name, or just one or the other on his own.
 yaebginn
08-27-2004, 7:58 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
What is it you want in your sig, specifically.

And it's not rubbish. There is tobacco in Pipes. Tobacco is a carcinogen, you are pulling tobacco into your mouth. Thus, you are increasing your risks of mouth cancer. You can still live after getting mouth cancer, it won't necessarily kill you, so your lifespan MAY be longer, but you also might have to live it without a lower jaw.

unproved. theoretically, yes. But in actuality, no. Thats the kind of bull that drug ed teachers are spreading. Toothpaste is poison, yet we put it into our mouths. We dont swallow, it causes no harm. It doesnt get into our system. If you smoke a pipe right, there is no proven negative effect. Just speculation.
 jedi20015
08-27-2004, 8:28 PM
hmmmm ok...lol so one guy on here smokes pipes like he is from the lord of the ring..and some guys on here smoke weed..i think..im not gonna turn into a pot head like scooby and shaggy lol ..i just wanna try the **** out
 DieStarWarsGeek
08-27-2004, 8:31 PM
Actually, pipe smokers and cigar smokers do get lung cancer. Cigarettes have FILTERS on them, pipes and cigars DON'T. Even if you don't fully inhale, particulates get into your lungs and also stay in your mouth and throat, and as ET say, contain enourmous amounts of carcinogens(things that cause your cells to spontaneously mutate and become CANCERous). The human lung is so intricate that a particulate can easilly get caught inside.

Drinking IS bad for you. Your liver is your body's filter for your blood. All the crap you put into your blood stream(not only alcohol, but fats, preservatives and such) all filter out in your liver. The more you use, the harder time your liver has. This is why most alcoholics die of liver failure.

I'm sure I know lots more people who smoke weed than Yaeb(more than dozens), and very very few have it even as a problem. Most people I know that do it, do it pretty frequently(every other day or so) and it's no problem to them. Mostly just kids have a problem with it, because they have no self control and low self esteem, etc. People can use it and be perfectly fine human beings. But yes, it also is bad for you.

Anything that is unnatural for a human to consume is not good for them. Alcohol, smoke, pollution, processed foods, those pesticides on your lettuce, preservatives. All these things have lasting effects in your body's system, and can all be cancerous.
 yaebginn
08-27-2004, 8:42 PM
diestarwarsgeek, pesticides on ur lettuca arent harmful, they actually help it by keeping all the gunk off it. read Give me a Break by John Stossel.

and pipes do have filters. Drinking excessively is bad for you, but every now and again, its not. and pipe smoke is not bad for you. You guys gotta break out of the box of public school. Theoretically, pipe smoke is bad for you, but there are no examples that I have seen. Just theory. Take Jurassic Park for example (just finished it) Theoretically, nothing could go wrong, but Malcolm saw what could happen. He knew that just because something was expected, didnt mean itd turn out that way. Not all theory is correct. The world isnt flat, people.
 DieStarWarsGeek
08-27-2004, 8:46 PM
Man, Yaeb, do you have to see someone die in front of you? I doubt you would want that. I'm not talking out of public schools, what with their War on Drugs sham, I'm talking as a person who has studied biology and human physiology. It doesn't sound like you have.

And by the way, pesticides are bad. Yes, they keep off the insects(most of them), that's what they're used for. However, they are all volatile chemicals that are poisinous to humans, we simply consume them in very small quantities. Farmworkers and pesticide sprayers have common cases of sicknesses related to working around chemicals. That book is nothing but opinion and twisted facts. You should eat up a scoop of DDT if you don't think it's bad for you.

Buy Organic.
Page: 1 of 2