Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

just noticed a new screenie ... *Spoilers?*

Page: 1 of 1
 adillon
08-26-2004, 4:20 PM
... that nearly made me wet my pants. now where did i put my 'depends'??

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swrepubliccommando/images/screenshots/50.jpg)

i assume those are the general's bodyguards ... any clue who the wookiee is and whether he plays a prominent part in the game's story?
 ZBomber
08-26-2004, 10:49 PM
My guess is the wookie is just a regular slave wookie, maybe he has a role in one of the missions though....

Don't really like the guards. :( Too stick-like for me, buffer version mighter be cooler :)
 Doomie
08-27-2004, 5:23 AM
Hell, they're droids, Zbomber, how could they not be sticklike?

Anyway, this isn't the only new screenie. I believe i liked some other new screenies betetr, noly i forgot what they were :D
 ZBomber
08-27-2004, 9:55 AM
Originally posted by Doomgiver
Hell, they're droids, Zbomber, how could they not be sticklike?

Anyway, this isn't the only new screenie. I believe i liked some other new screenies betetr, noly i forgot what they were :D

Not all droid are stick-like........
 adillon
08-27-2004, 10:46 AM
the do resemble grevious to a degree, so i'd assume that's why they so thin, since he's not quite all that bulky.
 Doomie
08-27-2004, 12:17 PM
Not all droid are stick-like........

Combat droids then. They're pretty much stick-like.

I guess they did it to give them more maneuverability and stuff...
 ZBomber
08-27-2004, 12:58 PM
I know, but stickmen don't really strike fear into me. I want my enemies to atleast look evil.....
 adillon
08-27-2004, 1:20 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber
I know, but stickmen don't really strike fear into me. I want my enemies to atleast look evil.....
scarecrows are skinny ... do they scare you?

http://www.bestgardening.com/bgc/images/scarecrow07.jpg)

OOPS, WRONG PICTURE! :eek:

http://www.charlottegeary.com/events/011011_autumn/scarecrow.jpg)

NOPE, THAT'S NOT IT! :eek:

http://www.spotsylvania.k12.va.us/saes/images/scarecrow.gif)

COWER IN FEAR! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :p
 ZBomber
08-27-2004, 2:04 PM
I'm friends with scarecrows, thank you very much. :)

On-Topic: I wonder if that pic is from gameplay or a cutscene
 adillon
08-27-2004, 2:58 PM
my guess would be from a cutscene. why would the player be that close to the abuse of a wookiee without kicking some a$$?

:cool:
 ZBomber
08-27-2004, 3:19 PM
I dunno, I prefer to go to the darker side of things. :)

I think it's a cutscene too ;)
 adillon
08-27-2004, 4:03 PM
hmmm, maybe i should've worded it differently ...
;)

why would you (the player) be that close to grevious' bodyguards without them trying to kick your a$$?
:confused:
 eastcoast2895
08-27-2004, 5:00 PM
this is what i remember the kashyyk video (little spoilers)

there is a wookie that is in the game that is a general and will be in episode 3. so it could be that wookie. also i believe those are general grevious's guards since they have the long staff the guards have in the video and similar look, but i couldn't get a real good look at the guards from the video.
i'm guessing this is a cutscene before kashyyk mission and a mission will be to save the wookie (i think that's the kashyyk video mission). it could be a pic taken using a floating camera like what is use in the kotor II walkthrough videos.
 Doomie
08-27-2004, 5:48 PM
well, i think we ALL know what those guys are. And my theory on gettin'that close to them... maybe they're just about to kick your ass...

*Looks again* Maybe not... Anyway, i think it's not the wookiee bigwig, because i think they wouldn't treat him like that. They'd proabbly keep him in a holding cell and question him or something... besides, he doesn't really look like a general to me...
 Igor_Cavkov
09-11-2004, 5:28 PM
Originally posted by eastcoast2895
this is what i remember the kashyyk video (little spoilers)

there is a wookie that is in the game that is a general and will be in episode 3. so it could be that wookie. also i believe those are general grevious's guards since they have the long staff the guards have in the video and similar look, but i couldn't get a real good look at the guards from the video.
i'm guessing this is a cutscene before kashyyk mission and a mission will be to save the wookie (i think that's the kashyyk video mission). it could be a pic taken using a floating camera like what is use in the kotor II walkthrough videos.

Yep thats true..
 Alegis
09-12-2004, 7:08 AM
that scarecrow from OZ looks like john kerry

screenie looks ok, except for the fact that it looks like the wookiee had a bath in gel...the hair/fur doesnt look too good
 ZBomber
09-12-2004, 7:18 AM
Originally posted by Alegis
that scarecrow from OZ looks like john kerry

screenie looks ok, except for the fact that it looks like the wookiee had a bath in gel...the hair/fur doesnt look too good

Yeh, not a very good wookie. I don't like the eyes either.....
 Igor_Cavkov
09-12-2004, 7:39 AM
that picture is some weeks old.. and the game isnt out for a while.. so they will have plenty of time polishing it up..
 Doomie
09-12-2004, 9:11 AM
that picture is some weeks old

It wasn't when this thread was posted. :dozey:
 Mex
09-18-2004, 9:12 AM
I haven't seen that picture before. It's really old now anyways. Ah well.
Page: 1 of 1