Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sound Change mod

Page: 1 of 1
 Yoko
08-25-2004, 5:51 AM
Ok I am making a sound mod that will change the player's attack sounds to people from the movies! I am in a rut though, when i DO edit the sounds i put them in override AND streamwaves and they dont show up in the game, i made mp3's and waves of them but nothing has happened. Here are the sounds im doing:

Darth Vader
Yoda(For MattColeJK):)
Obi-Wan Kenobi(For Achillies):)
Han Solo
And a coupple of others, som help here would be hot guys:)

Darth333 if you can just sign on MSN when ever you can maybe we could talk about it.
 Glamador
08-25-2004, 1:06 PM
as far as i know, u just need to overwrite the correct files in streamwaves
 Immortality
08-25-2004, 1:59 PM
I think this is a great idea! But i'm a little worried about sound quality... where are you getting the recorded lines from, and what kind of quality will they have? :)
 Yoko
08-25-2004, 1:59 PM
They arent in streamwaves, they are in sounds in the kotor tool, so i dont know how to replace them.
 Darth333
08-25-2004, 2:31 PM
The files you are looking for are located in Swkotor/Data/sounds.bif.

If you open the utc for the npc, you will notice that there is a SoundSetFile field that contains a reference to a line in soundset.2da

Here is a document about the sounset file format: http://nwn.bioware.com/developers/Bioware_Aurora_SSF_Format.doc)

I wrote an update to tk102's KSE (v.2.0.8) that allows you to change the soundset for your party member with a simpleclick. However, it does not allow you to create new soundset files.

I found an editor but it doesn't work with Kotor. The format seems to be slightly different. However, overwriting the .wav files shouldn't be a problem. I'll see what I can do this evening if I have enough time. (I don't have the game with me right now)
 Mono_Giganto
08-25-2004, 3:38 PM
How 'bout Chewbacca sounds? (For me :D)
 jedi_5002
08-26-2004, 1:41 AM
How about Boba Fett, and if not (probably, as he had so few lines), then Jango Fett. Hmm... I wonder why I want Boba Fett sounds...
*whistles a tune while walking away*

:fett:
Page: 1 of 1