Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Episode 2 A New Foe

Page: 2 of 3
 T7nowhere
11-08-2004, 4:43 PM
Wouldn't it be better to create them as stunt modules. those in-game cuts are scripted modules that load. It would be cool to see some of those in the mix But setting up the played modules takes alot of time to begin with.
 Doc Valentine
11-09-2004, 3:21 PM
True that the cuts in the origonal game were indeed stunt modules, but that takes a lot of scripting whereas what i am thinking of will be quick and easy, thogh it may increase the time it takes to download it so i will have to limit the amount :( .

Thanks a bunch TK, ill dl it right away :D.
 Mono_Giganto
11-09-2004, 3:24 PM
Originally posted by Gsccc
True that the cuts in the origonal game were indeed stunt modules, but that takes a lot of scripting whereas what i am thinking of will be quick and easy, thogh it may increase the time it takes to download it so i will have to limit the amount :( .

Thanks a bunch TK, ill dl it right away :D.

Hey quick and easy's the way of the darkside is it not? :D Darkside mod... bad joke i know....
 Glamador
11-09-2004, 8:09 PM
this is the best news ive heard in a long time! ima reinstall KotOR so i can play this baby! (had to uninstall for space...i know it hurts...)
 Doc Valentine
12-31-2004, 11:38 PM
Ok I know i havent updated the site or this thread in quite a while but that doesnt mean I havent been working on the mod. I have just nearly completed it. I have gotten a lot and I mean a LOT of emails and pms asking me when the next episode will be released, well I am finishing up some of the dialogue and then i need to get some help from my most helpful friend, Darth333, on some scripts. As for the questions pretaining to the first episode, once you kill carth the game is over, i just never put a script in there that told you that, sorry. Anyways yea finishing touches are being applied and you can expect a release some time in the next month. Happy New year all!
-GSCCC
 Doc Valentine
01-01-2005, 2:59 AM
Ok i have a screenshot of the first player scene, I say player scene because there is a beginning cinematic of Darth Sorion and Darth Detrus. Here you are with HK-47 asking him a favor.
http://img124.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img124&image=sdfsdf5zj.gif)
More when they come.
 Doc Valentine
01-01-2005, 11:21 PM
Finished with the beginning cutscene, I will be releasing a beta of my mod very soon if my progress keeps up like this. I will also be adding a few items, with mono_giganto's help of cource.

-Viridian Crystal (Saber Color Cristal)
-Silver Crystal (Saber Color Cristal)

I have also added some good starwars music that I think you will all like, If anyone seeks updates for people/Creatures check the website http://cmgsccc0.tirpod.com) if you forgot. Its deffinetly coming along.
 Doc Valentine
01-02-2005, 12:48 PM
Ok people i need serious help as TemporaryTomato has explained to me, I need voice actors, lots of them, so if you have a mic a brain and a will to do good to others please volunteer to voice for my mod, otherwise I will be forced to have it be voiceless:( . Please Help.
-GSCCC
 StormTrooper789
01-02-2005, 4:52 PM
Oooh! Oooh! Can I help? :)
Not voice acting or texturing, but scripting and module design are possible. Drop me an email if needed.
 Doc Valentine
01-04-2005, 1:28 PM
Ok people, Lord of Banthas, TemporaryTomato, and I have discussed it and we have decided that the mod will be released as a beta first like last time. The beta will be coruscant. You will see lots of cutscenes in this mod conturary to the 0 cutscenes in the last one. And as i said there will be much walking around. So I will have that done by the end of the week.

-GSCCC
 kampher
01-04-2005, 6:03 PM
Hey GSCCC. so sorry I missed out on the first one, I would of loved to have had a voice in there. Im glad your getting the second one up and running, good luck man. Cant wait :)
 Colma Adawin
01-04-2005, 10:22 PM
HEY GSCCC!

IM HERE! AGAIN!

got your PM, i forgive you, anyway,

Wish you all the best with the mod(s)
also, im thinking of trying your mod tonite (im working soon)

MattCole
 Doc Valentine
01-05-2005, 4:26 AM
Thanks Matt, that means the world to me buddy!

-GSCCC
 Darkkender
01-05-2005, 4:39 AM
Ok people i need serious help as TemporaryTomato has explained to me, I need voice actors, lots of them, so if you have a mic a brain and a will to do good to others please volunteer to voice for my mod, otherwise I will be forced to have it be voiceless:( . Please Help.
-GSCCC

I was just getting ready to try my hand at sound for droids. So I'm sure I could lend my voice just give me a script. Or I suppose I can wait for the beta and do voice for what I read on the screen.
 Doc Valentine
01-06-2005, 9:54 PM
Ok so there have been some big updates since my last post. I FINALLY GOT MY LIP SYNCING TO WORK!!!! NO MORE BOBBING HEADS!!!!! Also got permission from T7Nowhere to use his robes so my bad guy Darth Sorion can have a good look to him, THANKS T7!!
Coruscant is ALMOST finished I just have a couple more modules and cutscenes to go. So the beta will be out this weekend for you all to try! I have also updated the website so wish me luck!
 Doc Valentine
01-07-2005, 4:42 AM
Did some more work on the mod today, I finally got a decent screenshot of the badguy, Darth Sorion
http://img96.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img96&image=mope0bh.jpg)
Notice the excellent mask that TemporaryTomato made and Lob textured.
 Darkkender
01-07-2005, 4:47 AM
Ok so there have been some big updates since my last post. I FINALLY GOT MY LIP SYNCING TO WORK!!!! NO MORE BOBBING HEADS!!!!! Also got permission from T7Nowhere to use his robes so my bad guy Darth Sorion can have a good look to him, THANKS T7!!
Coruscant is ALMOST finished I just have a couple more modules and cutscenes to go. So the beta will be out this weekend for you all to try! I have also updated the website so wish me luck!

Which website is that Gsccc since it's not in your sig.
 Doc Valentine
01-07-2005, 5:03 AM
Hmm, ill put it in my sig then, for everyone who doesnt know it yet http://cmgsccc0.tripod.com)
 Doc Valentine
01-10-2005, 4:59 AM
Ok, after long work i got the starwars intro scroller to work, thanks to Prime of cource:D. As far as the progress of Coruscant goes, this is the list of things I have to do and have done:

-Intro(Scroller) 100% DONE
-cutscene1(Scene with Darth Sorion and Detrus)100% DONE
-coru_m01aa(First player scene with Hk-47)100% DONE
-cutscene2(Scene where HK kills Vorin)100% DONE
-coru_m01ab(Senate scene with player)99% DONE
-coru_m02aa(Upper levels of coruscant)100% DONE
-coru_m02ab(Coruscant Upper Level Cantina)100% DONE

More updates when they come, hoping to finish the beta tonight, chances are slim though.
:( :( :(
 Colma Adawin
01-10-2005, 7:29 AM
Ok, after long work i got the starwars intro scroller to work, thanks to Prime of cource:D. As far as the progress of Coruscant goes, this is the list of things I have to do and have done:

-Intro(Scroller) 100% DONE
-cutscene1(Scene with Darth Sorion and Detrus)100% DONE
-coru_m01aa(First player scene with Hk-47)100% DONE
-cutscene2(Scene where HK kills Vorin)100% DONE
-coru_m01ab(Senate scene with player)75% DONE
-coru_m02aa(Upper levels of coruscant)25% DONE
-coru_m02ab(Coruscant Upper Level Cantina)90% DONE

More updates when they come, hoping to finish the beta tonight, chances are slim though.
:( :( :(

dude, you take as long as you like (well, not too long but..) we just cant wait for the out come, we all know it'll be better than the first!! the amount you've already done is awesome!

<MattColejk> [Force Encourgement]

<Gsccc> [Success]

I AM THE FORCE! :p

MattCole
 Doc Valentine
01-11-2005, 7:14 AM
Ok people i am SOOOO CLOSE, I'm pretty sure i will be done today, that is if i dont run into anymore problems, which i doubt. All i need to do is link the module and add a few lips and voices. Yoko was kind enough to do the merchant on Coruscant. I added a merchant to the streets level of coruscant so that you would actually have something to do while you are there that is productive, rather than going from point a to point b.:D

-GSCCC
 kampher
01-11-2005, 7:21 AM
I cant wait to see what youve done with the mod :)

Good luck
 tk102
01-11-2005, 7:27 AM
A moderator could or you could too.. using the Edit button...
 Darkkender
01-11-2005, 7:34 AM
Ok people i am SOOOO CLOSE, I'm pretty sure i will be done today, that is if i dont run into anymore problems, which i doubt. All i need to do is link the module and add a few lips and voices. Yoko was kind enough to do the merchant on Coruscant. I added a merchant to the streets level of coruscant so that you would actually have something to do while you are there that is productive, rather than going from point a to point b.:D

-GSCCC

I'm still waiting on my scripts to try to provide some voices myself.:p
 Juha Avery
01-11-2005, 8:34 AM
Sooo whens the beta coming out?
 kampher
01-11-2005, 8:57 AM
A moderator could or you could too.. using the Edit button...

I looked around, but i did'nt see a delete post button. Sorry about that.
 Doc Valentine
01-11-2005, 9:29 AM
Beta comes out when the upload finishes, im uploading it to my site, taking a long time. It is 70mg.
 Darkkender
01-11-2005, 10:07 AM
Beta comes out when the upload finishes, im uploading it to my site, taking a long time. It is 70mg.

*COUGH* *CHOKE* *COUGH*

Wow 70 MB time for me to go to my friends and DL this.
 tk102
01-11-2005, 10:21 AM
You may want to consider using a file splitter (http://www.tucows.com/splitters_default.html) to break that into smaller chunks -- for better ease in downloading.
 StormTrooper789
01-11-2005, 2:46 PM
You should have one file(that is the whole thing) and the splitted ones(like tk102 said).

We need both for choices and since I have High Speed Internet I want to download a single file. :^:
 Doc Valentine
01-11-2005, 5:08 PM
Pcgamemods is friggin wacked. I uploaded the file but it doesnt take me to the next section like it says, it just sits there saying Upload complete. Is there anywhere else i can upload the file? Like download hoster? Tripod is all screwed up in file management.
 Darth333
01-11-2005, 5:10 PM
We have a sticky concerning mod hosting... ;)

In any event, make sure you dont use other characters than regular alphabet and _ in your file name when you upload at pcgamemods.
 Doc Valentine
01-11-2005, 5:27 PM
What about capitols and spaces?
 Doc Valentine
01-11-2005, 7:09 PM
OK ITS UP EVERYBODY!!!! THE BETA IS UP!!!!!! GET READY GET SET GO!!!!
DL IT HERE AT ME WEBSITE!!
http://cmgsccc0.tripod.com)
its under downloads obviously:p
 Squee-sithguy
01-12-2005, 3:43 AM
well thats funny because i dont see it under downloads :S
 Doc Valentine
01-12-2005, 4:00 AM
Sory everyone, had forgoten to publish the website, its up for real now!
 stingerhs
01-12-2005, 4:05 AM
the upload to pcgamemods (www.pcgamemods.com/6) also worked. ;)
 Doc Valentine
01-12-2005, 4:25 AM
God Damnit I always forget something, my ADD probably. You have to type "warp cutscene" in the console when in a saved game.
 Doc Valentine
01-13-2005, 4:11 AM
Ok i have begun work on the rest of the mod now, starting on a few new planets. Prosses is coming along nicely. Still kinda dissapointed no one's posted feedback on the beta yet.:confused:
 stingerhs
01-13-2005, 6:50 AM
well, a 75 Mb file is a bit intimidating for some people.... :eek:

that and some of us aren't at home at the moment..... ;)
 Darkkender
01-13-2005, 7:29 AM
^^^^
What he said I actually had to go to a friends house who has a cable modem because I can't tie up the Internet PC at my house with a 6+ hour download(Probably longer than this).

Ok i have begun work on the rest of the mod now, starting on a few new planets. Prosses is coming along nicely. Still kinda dissapointed no one's posted feedback on the beta yet.:confused:

I was actually going to attempt a run through it today first I have to make it compatible with my other installed mods in the save game though.
 kampher
01-13-2005, 11:50 AM
Laptop is at dell for repairs, But i get it back today. I should be able to play it sometime tommorow, and post some feedback for you :)
 Darkkender
01-14-2005, 7:26 AM

Ok issues I have noticed so far.

if you type warp cutscene you go to the leviathan bridge like you do with ROTS however there is nothing to use to take you to corusant you have to warp to leave there.

Also there is nothing to explore and nobody populated really to talk to on the planet just wandering npcs.

When trying to provoke the fight with Magoda the Hutt the Gamorrean goes hostile but Magoda does not and if you click on magoda during combat he immediatly goes back into the same dialogue. Also his dialogue remains the same following his guard dying.

Also of note when you walk out of the cantina it exists you out onto Taris. The same happens if you try to enter the apartments or enter the other side of the city(formerly the other half of the upper city of taris)

On the other hand I love the Cutscenes even with the Headless Jedi in the council chamber. I have to say that Your HK makes me think of Stewie just like your avatar which in it's own way is Great.
 Bobo
01-14-2005, 11:36 AM
Another Great Story so far. :) i tested it and want to give you my Opinions, Feedback and Any Bugs i noticed.

since others are trying to stay low on the details of this new game that you've made, the entire thing will be in a spoiler thing.

For one i'd like to say Your Vocals for HK-47 are wonderful. The Way you had the Beganing Words such as [Comment] Blah blah blah.... by adding the Expression shows as if HK-47 has been upgraded. Bravo.

[Opinion] It would be Nice, However, if HK-47 had responses to the Mean remarks, Master. :p

The Senate Chamber, when it goes to a Crowd noice, try taking Audio from the senate cheers from Episode I or II

[Opinion] Master, if you go into the wrong door, you will end the mod itself! perhaps you could remove the Entance Triggers for the Appartments and the other part of the city

I would still like to just slaughter the whole Council, im not a favorite to the dark side but i must say if i were Lord of the sith i wouldnt have some Senate controlling what i do.... Emperor Palpatine disbanded the Coruscant Senate.

[Statement] Oh i tingle with joy about the thought of killing them all in the Chamber, Master.

Is there something you can do about that Jumpy Revan Model? i mean it goes up and down up and down and it makes me sick really lol

[Comment] ...Urp...

My... well. ours lol Our Apprentice Magellon? whats his name? lol reminds me of that commerical... "are you gellin? Yeah im gellin like Magellin"

For Future ref.... Why dont you destroy the Ebon Hawk to replace it with some SIth Powered ship?

I must note that your story line closely follows much of the Trilogy of the actual star wars. im not saying thats bad, but terrific. as long as you add alot of unsuspected suprises, this will be one of the most exciting Total Conversion yet.

---Bobo

P.S. oh i love Coruscant to replace Taris and i definatly love the new music in the appartment room.
 Colma Adawin
01-14-2005, 12:52 PM
^^^^
sounds? interesting???? :confused: :confused: :confused:

oh well, im not going to play the beta, i dont want to ruin the final mod, i like suprises.

@ Master Bobo

nice work for making your previous post, COMPLETELY CONFUSING :p nice job!!!

MattCole
 Doc Valentine
01-14-2005, 1:00 PM
Originally posted by Darkkender
Ok issues I have noticed so far.

if you type warp cutscene you go to the leviathan bridge like you do with ROTS however there is nothing to use to take you to corusant you have to warp to leave there.

Also there is nothing to explore and nobody populated really to talk to on the planet just wandering npcs.

When trying to provoke the fight with Magoda the Hutt the Gamorrean goes hostile but Magoda does not and if you click on magoda during combat he immediatly goes back into the same dialogue. Also his dialogue remains the same following his guard dying.

Also of note when you walk out of the cantina it exists you out onto Taris. The same happens if you try to enter the apartments or enter the other side of the city(formerly the other half of the upper city of taris)

On the other hand I love the Cutscenes even with the Headless Jedi in the council chamber. I have to say that Your HK makes me think of Stewie just like your avatar which in it's own way is Great.
Yea about the bridge, no one else seems to be having that problem, you should have one, seen the star wars scroller, and two have seen the initiated dialogue, or else you should have seen two people standing there.

As for coruscant, its only a transition planet, basicly an a to be place, unless you stop at the merchant just before the cantina. I will be removing the door tags for the other modules though. And as for Margoda the hutt, if you read the readme it said that the mod ends when you kill his guard.

Perhaps when you said you were going to make the mod compatible, something went wrong??
 Bobo
01-14-2005, 2:11 PM
ummmm alright i can be a little confusing..... er... really... confusing....

please note that im usually insane. Off topic.... ive Streaked 4 Citys in SWG with my friends...

On topic.... I love the mod and i wanna play the full version the moment its released lol

--Bobo:c3po: :c3po:
 Darkkender
01-15-2005, 6:58 AM
Yea about the bridge, no one else seems to be having that problem, you should have one, seen the star wars scroller, and two have seen the initiated dialogue, or else you should have seen two people standing there.

As for coruscant, its only a transition planet, basicly an a to be place, unless you stop at the merchant just before the cantina. I will be removing the door tags for the other modules though. And as for Margoda the hutt, if you read the readme it said that the mod ends when you kill his guard.

Perhaps when you said you were going to make the mod compatible, something went wrong??

It could be that I missed some appearance tags in a GFF file somewhere for the leviathan. However NO star wars scroller which I was saddened by.

As for Margoda I wasn't sure if the mod end meant that it would allow you to keep running around after the guard died or if it automatically cut to a trhe end prompt. since I was allowed to keep running around I was unsure.

All I was doing for compatibility was merging 2da files and updating GFF files. However do I need a completed game save if so that might explain a problem or 2.
 Doc Valentine
01-15-2005, 11:25 PM
Got some good news, found the generic script to find if the player is a guy or a girl, so that when you are a girl bastilla doesnt call you "My Love";) A major problem now fixed.
 Bobo
01-16-2005, 11:01 AM
awwww lol. no more Lesbian Bastila. hehe
Page: 2 of 3