Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How did you get hooked on Star Wars?

Page: 1 of 1
 Evil Dark Jedi
08-22-2004, 11:55 PM
The above question.

I got hooked by my dad giving me the ANH vhs tape and I watched it.As soon it started I loved it.
 FiEND_138
08-23-2004, 12:24 AM
Seeing RotJ's original release in the theater when I was a wee little kid. Since then...................
 ZBomber
08-23-2004, 2:33 AM
My best friend like Star Wars, and when I saw the SE of A New Hope, I joined in on the fun. ;)
 El Sitherino
08-23-2004, 6:31 AM
well it all started back in 1991 when I sat down with my opa and watched A New Hope. When I saw Darth Vader for the first time I just got hooked right then, I thought he was the coolest bad guy ever. I then moved on to watch Empire Strikes Back and Return of The Jedi.
 Revlt Coranier
08-23-2004, 6:49 AM
I don't remember exactly how or when, but people have told me that as long ago as 3rd grade, I would draw Star Wars pictures in class all day. I am 14 now, so I have liked it for at least six years (since 1998).
 Sabretooth
08-23-2004, 7:10 AM
When I first played TPM-The Game demo. I really liked it (c'mon, i didn't know there were better games). I got used to the weird terms, understood the theories and stuff, then saw The Phantom Menace, then the ESB and ROTJ. I'll see ANH on the DVD.
 Darth Groovy
08-23-2004, 7:19 AM
Seeing the re-release of the Original Star Wars just prior the Empire Strikes Back. My parents took me, not sure if I would handle it, and I was never the same ever since.

My parents think it is cute that I still adore Star Wars, and they still joke about how my eyes were "glued to the screen" when they took me to see it!

:)
 Revlt Coranier
08-23-2004, 7:23 AM
Man, I would give anything to see the Original Trilogy in theaters. Who knows, maybe when EpIII is released, they will re-release Episodes I, II, IV, V, and VI. Or when the OT DVD set comes out maybe they will be in theaters.
 Darth Groovy
08-23-2004, 7:26 AM
Originally posted by Revlt Coranier
Man, I would give anything to see the Original Trilogy in theaters. Who knows, maybe when EpIII is released, they will re-release Episodes I, II, IV, V, and VI. Or when the OT DVD set comes out maybe they will be in theaters.

Well I was too young to see the "Star Wars" in it's ORIGINAL realease, but I had story telling records. For some reason the town I lived in showed "Star Wars" briefly before the release of "The Empire Stikes Back"

I also saw "Return of the Jedi" during it's initial release, and I made a point to see all three movies during the "Special Edition".

I am such a geek that I saw "The Phantom Menace" in theaters 9 times, and saw "Attack of the Clones" about 5 or 6 times. ;)
 Doomie
08-23-2004, 7:33 AM
Well, i'm not quite sure what made me do it, but we rented the Trilogy once and i was hooked. Luckily, that was around the time that Episode one was released, so i went to see that not long thereafter. Since then i've been hooked. I was one of the first people to watch Episode two, because in my town they showed it a day before it was Officially released :D.
 Astrotoy7
08-23-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
I am such a geek that I saw "The Phantom Menace" in theaters 9 times, and saw "Attack of the Clones" about 5 or 6 times. ;)

Me outgeeks you....

ep 1 : 19 times (over 12 months)
ep 2 : 23 times (over 6 months)
ep 3 : ?? (if I like it more than 2 ........)
sad, but true (and Im only referring to theater viewings of course)
nb. alot of these times I didnt pay to see them, if I had to pay then those numbers would prolly be halved..... :p

I was 2 when ANH was released so didnt see it at the theaters....my gf did tho(she's a bit older), and Im quite envious of her for it :p

I first saw SW ANH in 1981, when I was 5 years old, on my parents then brand new 54cm colour TV :D

...The minute the music and the opening scroll started I felt myself startng to fall into a hypnotic like state..... then when the Blockade Runner zoomed past with the awesome Avenger in pursuit I was gone. How ever many times I watch that scene it is *freakin awesome*, cant wait to see it on DVD and surround sound next month ! :D

I really feel strange when ppl come on here who say they've never even seen ANH, or even the OT ! OMG ! :p

mtfbwya
 Jaden Malip
08-23-2004, 10:25 AM
My uncle got me ANH on video when i was 4 and since then, its so obvious i'm not gonna write it.
 yaebginn
08-23-2004, 4:37 PM
Back in late '82, it was like a "Holiday Party"-kinda deal, I was chilling, trying to hook up with this fine blonde. So, she drops this bag on the table, and you know, she dumps a little out, and cuts us a few fat lines. Naturally, I snort it... come on, wouldn't you? Well, turns out, it wasn't cocaine like I thought. It was Star Wars, and I've been hooked ever since.
 DieStarWarsGeek
08-23-2004, 6:27 PM
I was born in 80, so I wasn't old enough for the original releases, but I grew up watching them(and the ewok movies) on tv all the time, got really into them when they rereleased, and am just anticipating all that's to come.
 Blinkin
08-24-2004, 12:03 AM
Im 16 now and my earliest memories i have are of getting excited around christmas time because thats when they showed star wars on tv frequently. This is when i didnt completley understand the concept of video tapes so i have truly loved star wars as far back as i can remember.
 Darth Groovy
08-24-2004, 3:59 AM
I was 4 years old when I first saw Star Wars in a theater.

I remember nothing of life before that moment.
 Evil Dark Jedi
08-24-2004, 4:44 AM

I remember nothing of life before that moment.

Me too.I cant remember anything before my dad made me watch ANH.
 yaebginn
08-24-2004, 7:59 AM
I think my earliest memory is me getting ANH from the video store, but that depends on what year that is, cause if my lil bro was born, it wasnt, if he wasnt born, then it was..
 ET Warrior
08-24-2004, 6:35 PM
My dad was all, hey! Lets watch Star Wars. And we did. And I became TEH OBSESSOR! :)
 Evil Dark Jedi
08-24-2004, 7:09 PM
It seems our dads mostly made us like star wars.
 yaebginn
08-24-2004, 7:28 PM
My bigg SW influence was my bros, but now I like it even more then them.
 RoxStar
08-24-2004, 11:30 PM

:eek: JASON!

http://images.ucomics.com/comics/ft/2004/ft040823.gif)

Thats a great comic strip.
 Pad
08-25-2004, 6:54 AM
Watch the original video box at a friend and liked it ever since. ;)
 Virtuosis
08-25-2004, 12:11 PM
Parents made me watch the trilogy three nights in a row thinking I would like it little did they know I loved it and have ever since.
 BobafettMunchie
08-25-2004, 6:40 PM
I watched it first when I was 6. I was watching cartoons and a comercial came on saying that at 6 Star Wars the Empire Strikes Back and Stars Wars Return of the Jedi were coming on and going to play back to back. I convince my parents to watch it with me (and let me watch it for that matter),they fell asleep about an hour in but I watched it like if I missed a second of it my soul would be in the hand of Santan. And when the comercials came on I ran around around the house a few times pretending I was killing Stormtroopers.
 yaebginn
08-25-2004, 7:32 PM
Originally posted by BobafettMunchie
I missed a second of it my soul would be in the hand of Santan.

Wow. I may use that analogy alot from now on. Just so you know. Thats the greatest analogy besides one from Plague Dogs,

'And like a turd shooting out of a healthy anus, Rowf slipped out"

beautiful
 Revlt Coranier
08-25-2004, 7:51 PM
Originally posted by yaebginn
Wow. I may use that analogy alot from now on. Just so you know. Thats the greatest analogy besides one from Plague Dogs,

'And like a turd shooting out of a healthy anus, Rowf slipped out"

beautiful

Haha 'Rowf slipped out'? What the hell does that mean?

But that is a good analogy....
 yaebginn
08-25-2004, 7:56 PM
they were dogs, and they were trying to escape from a testing facility, and there was like, a vent or something, and Rowl was really big, and he got stuck, but then the other dog bit him in the tail I think, and he flew out.
 Revlt Coranier
08-25-2004, 8:10 PM
Haha nice. Is Plague Dogs a television show?
 yaebginn
08-25-2004, 9:06 PM
I dont think so, I know its a book. But I dont have cable, and I dont know what kinda shows are on there.
 jedi20015
08-27-2004, 11:19 PM
when i saw ep 1 i was blown away ;) ever since star wars has been cool in my book
Page: 1 of 1