Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mod Requests(2): Post your desires here

Page: 4 of 5
 Darth333
09-02-2004, 12:53 PM
What class are you? You need to add a jedi class to your original class. Per example Soldier level 1 and Jedi Guardian.
 Colma Adawin
09-02-2004, 1:11 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
What class are you? You need to add a jedi class to your original class. Per example Soldier level 1 and Jedi Guardian.

im sure i said this to him, but hey maybe i didnt :p i've probably got voices in my head.....shhh they'll hear you. no, im not going to say that.......oh sorry about that :p j/k

MattCole
 darkknight014
09-02-2004, 1:37 PM
Originally posted by Darth333

I have a jedi class but i still cant get the force powers and to make matters worse the game is ****ed up and i cant level up!!!!!
 stingerhs
09-03-2004, 9:25 AM
i was thinking early today (an accomplishment in itself), and i was wondering if there would be a way to use a spell whenever a weapon hits someone. ie, whenever a blaster bolt hits a person, a frag explosion goes off. i've searched, but i can't find anything posted earlier.
 Amezaroth
09-03-2004, 10:45 AM
That would be so cool, the spell effects weapon thing I mean...

Add that to a custom weapon model that looks like a rocket launcher or sumthin... I wish I could see the chaos that it would bring...
 Achilles
09-03-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by stingerhs
i was thinking early today (an accomplishment in itself), and i was wondering if there would be a way to use a spell whenever a weapon hits someone. ie, whenever a blaster bolt hits a person, a frag explosion goes off. i've searched, but i can't find anything posted earlier. I don't have the tools in front of me, but you might want to check the On Hit weapon properties. If Cast Spell or something like that is available, you could set up an "On Hit cast Frag Grenade". Assuming that it actually works, it would give you what you're looking for.
 Nodakrattler
09-03-2004, 11:23 AM
I remember someone trying this once, can't remember his or if he actually got it to work, but I do know it was the Kel Fisto lightsaber(I think). Why haven't I gone to bed yet, Oh yeah I'm trying to put something out and I can't get the game running to get screen shot! Bloody game!
 JBeannie
09-03-2004, 7:03 PM
I wonder is there anyway to switch the double-lightsaber hilt, with the single-lightsaber hilt?
 Achilles
09-03-2004, 7:12 PM
Originally posted by JBeannie
I wonder is there anyway to switch the double-lightsaber hilt, with the single-lightsaber hilt? That would most likely involve having to create new models and animations. One of these things we can do, the other we cannot.
 JBeannie
09-03-2004, 7:59 PM
which one of these things can you do?
 Zonzai
09-03-2004, 8:05 PM
Having no technical ability or artistic talent and a whole lot of time to consider this, these are the two things I would try if I had the capacity to.

1) A reskin of Gadon's head for a PC (one that you can select at character creation).

2) A mod that replaces the horrible soldier bodies and clothing with the scout's or the scoundrel's, or at least reduced their body size from gigantic to big. (Any sort of mod that changed body size would be fun really.)

These are not actually requests, however; more like ideas. My only request is that people use the KISS program more often as I don't have the KotOR tool, the skill to use it or the internet connection to download the Microsoft Net Framework, so that I can actually use more than one mod that changes a 2da. Hopefully when KotOR 2 comes out people will use it. Pretty please! That's it thanks.

-EDIT- I have to spell everything right, so sue me.
 JBeannie
09-03-2004, 8:14 PM
Is it possible to use the double-lightsaber hilt, for the single lightsaber hilt. I just want to know if it's even possible to do, cuz, i think this is a cool idea
 RedHawke
09-03-2004, 8:21 PM
Is it possible to use the double-lightsaber hilt, for the single lightsaber hilt. I just want to know if it's even possible to do, cuz, i think this is a cool idea

The simple answer is... No... not right now.

We can't alter the lightsaber models in KOTOR because they have blade animations, we can make static models that don't have animations like Vibroblades, Blasters, Helmets/Masks, etc.
 JBeannie
09-03-2004, 8:32 PM
no matter

Is there a way to change the colot of lord malak's lightsaber hilt?

*edit* when you want to make a correction to your previous post, use the edit button as Achilles pointed out. This tiume I made it for you. And avoid double and triple posts please. Thanks.
Darth333
 Achilles
09-03-2004, 8:44 PM
lightsaber hilt*( correction to post above) Yes, you can reskin it using Photoshop or Paintshop Pro.

If you find that you made an error, please use the Edit button to correct your original message, rather than create a new one. It keeps the mods from having to come in a "clean up after you" later.

Thanks!
 RedHawke
09-03-2004, 8:48 PM
Triple post JBeannie you might want to delete two of those, so the moderators don't get angry. :D

JBeannie you can edit your posts it is the little Edit Icon right between Rate and Quote.

To change the skin of the Malak saber hilt would require you to extract the .mdl and .mdx files for the saber model and hex edit the Malak's saber model to point to the new texture you wanted to use. Or do you mean change the color of the blade?

If you want a Malak's lightsaber in another blade color might I suggest my Revan/Sith/Bastila's Item Pack, it has the Jedi Revan Lightsabers in all the standard colors (Blue, Green, Yellow, Violet) all use Malak's saber model.

It is avilable from my site, the link is in my sig.

I hope this helps! :D

You could also PM me with your saber Idea and I could try to help you with your saber if you are really stuck. :)
 Zonzai
09-04-2004, 8:45 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke

If you want a Malak's lightsaber in another blade color might I suggest my Revan/Sith/Bastila's Item Pack, it has the Jedi Revan Lightsabers in all the standard colors (Blue, Green, Yellow, Violet) all use Malak's saber model.

It is avilable from my site, the link is in my sig.

RedHawke,

Is it possible to get a mod that just added a single upgradable *Malak style* lightsaber that had moderate bonuses? Or maybe there is a way to only add those lightsabers without all of the other stuff? Not to offend, I just find some of your stuff takes the challenge out of the game. (Like you said in your readme, we all have different opinions on what is too powefull.)

*Edited for clarity.
 Achilles
09-04-2004, 8:55 PM
Originally posted by Zonzai
RedHawke,

Is it possible to get a mod that just added a single upgradable *Malak style* lightsaber that had moderate bonuses? Or maybe there is a way to only add those lightsabers without all of the other stuff? Not to offend, I just find some of your stuff takes the challenge out of the game. (Like you said in your readme, we all have different opinions on what is too powefull.)

*Edited for clarity. It would be pretty easy to do. We would just need to know what color/bonuses that you want.
 Vorador
09-04-2004, 9:05 PM
i love not having that damn cape but i dont like the way the mask is silver so i was wondering if some one could change the colors back to the defalt colors

please
 RedHawke
09-04-2004, 9:33 PM
RedHawke,

Not to offend, I just find some of your stuff takes the challenge out of the game. (Like you said in your readme, we all have different opinions on what is too powefull.)

No offence taken. :D

But if you use my stuff with the Hardcore Mod (http://home.t-online.de/home/Talchia/english.html) you will find the challenge has indeed returned. :D

As Achillies said we can whip up something for you easily, we just need some specific stats, colors, etc. that you are looking for.
 RedHawke
09-04-2004, 10:30 PM
Vorador I believe this would be better if placed in the stuck requests thread at the top.

To answer your question, you could always PM Seprithro with your request and see if he would be willing to do up one for you.
 Colma Adawin
09-04-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke
Vorador I believe this would be better if placed in the stuck requests thread at the top.

To answer your question, you could always PM Seprithro with your request and see if he would be willing to do up one for you.

and if he couldn't do it you would still need his Permission to release a mod that contains one of his mods...... :p

MattCole
 Zonzai
09-05-2004, 5:02 PM
Achilles,

I'm not picky on color but something besides red would be cool (not that red isn't cool too). As for stats, since it is a long saber an extra bit of damage would make sense - nothing too fancy though.

RedHawke,

I do indeed play with the Hardcore Mod. I also use a mod that increases the base damage of blasters. That particular mod was half the reason I bought KotOR for the PC after playing it through four times on the X-box. The other half was to see all the Revan cloak reskins - very nice stuff!
 Graveyard_Zero
09-05-2004, 5:39 PM
Hey, I dont know if any one may have requested this or not, but i think it would be awsome to get jolee's default outfit for a robe style, I know currently we cannot modles things but is it viable that we can change what modle the file reads from then reskin it? any way just a thought, and if any one has already requested this, im sorry, but i am just a we bit lazzy when it comes to reading all those postes.:emperor:
 Achilles
09-05-2004, 6:23 PM
Achilles,

I'm not picky on color but something besides red would be cool (not that red isn't cool too). As for stats, since it is a long saber an extra bit of damage would make sense - nothing too fancy though. PM me with your email address and I'll send you something.
 DarthDNPH
09-06-2004, 2:01 AM
Hi everybody, (sorry for possible mistakes, i'm a french student :) )
I've heard somewhere that the kotor model format caused modders some problems because it wasn't cracked. I've made searches and i've found a forum which deal about it.
I'm not a modder and I don't know if it works or if you already knew it but I thinked that could help.

You'll find it there :
http://boards.theforce.net/Scifi_3D_Forum/b10013/15944435/?16)
 jedi_5002
09-06-2004, 6:15 AM
Modding reqs (2) in Holowan:

Originally posted by stingerhs
i was thinking early today (an accomplishment in itself), and i was wondering if there would be a way to use a spell whenever a weapon hits someone. ie, whenever a blaster bolt hits a person, a frag explosion goes off. i've searched, but i can't find anything posted earlier.

Two main requests (one has several things all along the same idea). One I made in the first thread, the others has already been asked here, but I want them too and want to make this post complete. On with the requests...

First (wrist mounted rocket launcher and blaster):
Based upon the quote above, you could make a "pistol" that looked like a wrist rocket launcher. It could be made, so it looks like it wraps around the wrist, and the firing would be correct (not activate armband animation ala "Dark Side Choker" (very nice BTW)).
This would be really cool and would complement the Boba Fett and Jango Fett armors nicely. Also, one that was the same, but fired normally (i.e. wrist mounted blaster).

Second (reskins of the Boba Fett helmet):
Specifically one to look like Jango Fett's, and two based upon the theme of Cassus(sp?) Fett's armor (one on the "g_a_class9009" (looks kinda pink(?)) and one on the "g_a_class9011" (looks mostly silver)).
I know you'd need Orsan's permission, but if someone could get it (or if he could do it himself) that would be awesome. If you can't, then if someone could, at the very least (assuming no permission needed), make reskins of the texture, and send them to me, that would be great as well.

I'd look into doing them myself, but I am currently working on another mod (for a different game I have).

:fett:
 Darth333
09-06-2004, 8:09 AM
Originally posted by DarthDNPH
Hi everybody, (sorry for possible mistakes, i'm a french student :) )
I've heard somewhere that the kotor model format caused modders some problems because it wasn't cracked. I've made searches and i've found a forum which deal about it.
I'm not a modder and I don't know if it works or if you already knew it but I thinked that could help.

You'll find it there :
http://boards.theforce.net/Scifi_3D_Forum/b10013/15944435/?16)
The model format has been partially cracked by cchargin and some new models have already been made for the game. Latest is t7nowhere's force pike (Achilles and svosh also participated in the making of this mod) here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=134701)

The link you provide points dierectly at this forum and at cchargin's website. You will find an update on the staus of new models in the Guide for the Newbie sticky as well as links to the tools.
 Nodakrattler
09-06-2004, 10:58 PM
Didn't think I'd be posting in here again, but here goes. I was wondering if one of you great moddelers would like to try to make me this mask (http://www.brocklee.com/comic/gijoe/Brocklee_SE.jpg), just the part over the eyes. I thought I'd just ask so there it's done.
 Achilles
09-07-2004, 3:44 PM
*Inspired by Separate Force Whirlwind's addtion to the AIOFPM*

How hard would it be to create a Force Whirlwind power that targets multiple enemies. For instance, right now if you cast Whirlwind on an enemy, it puts them in a vortex and knocks down surrounding enemies as a secondary effect. Would it be possible to create a force power that will allow you to cast Force Whirlwind on an enemy and simultaneously put all enemies withing a certain range in a vortex as well? That way you could cast Force Whirlwind on more than one enemy at a time.

Force Wave is cool and all, but it sucks when you're running toward an enemy and one of your Jedi NPC's casts it, knocking your opponent back out of range. Whirlwind isn't as powerful, but at least I wouldn't feel like I'm losing a turn.

EDIT: It just occured to me that I could probably just change the animation for Force Wave. Am I on the right track? If so, I can probably figure this one out myself.
 Nodakrattler
09-07-2004, 4:55 PM
Originally posted by Achilles
*Inspired by Separate Force Whirlwind's addtion to the AIOFPM*

How hard would it be to create a Force Whirlwind power that targets multiple enemies. For instance, right now if you cast Whirlwind on an enemy, it puts them in a vortex and knocks down surrounding enemies as a secondary effect. Would it be possible to create a force power that will allow you to cast Force Whirlwind on an enemy and simultaneously put all enemies withing a certain range in a vortex as well? That way you could cast Force Whirlwind on more than one enemy at a time.

Force Wave is cool and all, but it sucks when you're running toward an enemy and one of your Jedi NPC's casts it, knocking your opponent back out of range. Whirlwind isn't as powerful, but at least I wouldn't feel like I'm losing a turn.

That's a sweet idea Achilles, I think if some one made it I'd never get force wave again.
 DarthDNPH
09-08-2004, 11:11 AM
The model format has been partially cracked by cchargin and some new models have already been made for the game. Latest is t7nowhere's force pike (Achilles and svosh also participated in the making of this mod) here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthre...threadid=134701)
The link you provide points dierectly at this forum and at cchargin's website. You will find an update on the staus of new models in the Guide for the Newbie sticky as well as links to the tools.

Thanks for your answer
 TygerThorn
09-08-2004, 10:38 PM
new idea that struck me yesterday...

A reskin of bastila to look like her picture on the cover of the box.

I remember thinking she was gonna be a lot better looking when I got the game and was a bit disappointed when I found her in the game.

Just an idea, make it if you want. I however think she'd look better with at least the dark hair.

P.S. Update on the Jango Helmet mod anyone? Has anyone accepted the project? I'm not gonna rush it for fear of getting a half-done mod. So by all means, take all the time you need.
 T7nowhere
09-09-2004, 2:54 AM
Originally posted by Nodakrattler
Didn't think I'd be posting in here again, but here goes. I was wondering if one of you great moddelers would like to try to make me this mask (http://www.brocklee.com/comic/gijoe/Brocklee_SE.jpg), just the part over the eyes. I thought I'd just ask so there it's done.

Do you have anymore pics of that mask. Im pretty sure I can make it, But it would help to have some more referances to base the model on.
 Nodakrattler
09-09-2004, 6:33 PM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
Do you have anymore pics of that mask. Im pretty sure I can make it, But it would help to have some more referances to base the model on.

Sorry but I don't. The pic is a concept art drawn by Brocklee. He made some wallpapers with the pic, but they're all just a cut paste of the original pic. I could email him and see if he could make up some more pics of it, form different angles if you want me too. Just let me know and I'll see what I can get for you.
 sith_master2000
09-10-2004, 12:29 AM
I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in creating a recruitable npc mod that I was never able to do. Even with Darth333's tutorial and a lot of help from Achilles I still couldn't create it. Here are the guidelines for the npc:

Name: Jorryn Torra
Class: Jedi Guardian
Spawn Loctaion: Somewhere on Dantooine after you are given your mission.
Force Powers: Heal, throw saber, affect mind, stasis field
Replaces: T3M4
Speech during first meeting-

Jorryn: Greetings Padawan, I am Jorryn Torra
Player: Nice to meet Jorryn, I'm (player name).
Jorryn: Forgive me but I am aware that the Council have given you a mission. I wish to Join you.
Player: I'd be honoured by your prescence.
or
Player: I'd rather kill you than let you join me!
Jorryn for LS response: Thank you. I will meet you on your ship.
or
Jorryn for DS response: Jedi know no anger! I suppose I missjudged you.

If anyone is interested in creating this for me please respond to this thread. Thanks! :)
 Achilles
09-10-2004, 10:15 AM
I'll consider working on it this weekend if you promise to put this in the request sticky next time :D:D:D

EDIT: Thank you to whomever it was that moved it :)

SithMaster2000, Shouldn't take me very long to put this together. I may have to tweak some of your requested stats for continuity, but we can talk about that when the project is completed.
 Colma Adawin
09-10-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by sith_master2000
Player: I'd rather kill you than let you join me!
Jorryn for LS response: Thank you. I will meet you on your ship.

well he certainly wanted to die :p

dont worry Sith_Master2000, im just playing :D im in that mood...again :rolleyes:

MattCole
 Winduwt105
09-10-2004, 12:11 PM
how can i change the color of a character like t3?
 Nodakrattler
09-10-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Winduwt105
how can i change the color of a character like t3?

There are tutorials that will tell you now to do this here Do you Want to mod SW-KotOR? Then Start here. Mod Tutorials! (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=124284) .

There is also a search function that Achilles covers very well in this thread Please read this first (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135334) .
 sith_master2000
09-10-2004, 1:50 PM
Originally posted by Achilles
I'll consider working on it this weekend if you promise to put this in the request sticky next time :D:D:D

EDIT: Thank you to whomever it was that moved it :)

SithMaster2000, Shouldn't take me very long to put this together. I may have to tweak some of your requested stats for continuity, but we can talk about that when the project is completed.
Thanks for helping make it for me and I appologise for not putting it in sticky, it was 1:13am over here and I wasn't thinking straight.
P.S I promise to put it in sticky next time. :D
 Amezaroth
09-10-2004, 2:03 PM
I was wondering if someone could make the Soul Reaver sword from the Legacy of Kain series. I have no idea for the stat but it would be nice if it would include some kind of regen effect (it's supposed to be a vampiric weapon after all)...

Secondly I would like to see two swords from Soul Calibur II, the Soul Edge as wielded by Nightmare and the Soul Calibur as wielded by Xianghua...

I'm not going to come begging for these again, I just thought that since we have this awesome request thread why not use it?
 Colma Adawin
09-10-2004, 3:09 PM
dude, i've had a recent idea, i remember having someone reply to the 1st mod request thread about a 'GunBlade' well, i want to use it as a sword, T7nowhere and Svosh, do you two think it could be accomplished?

i've tried looking for a pic on google, (for those of you who dont know what a GunBlade is) and only turned up with drawings and minipics of it :(

but im hoping T7nowhere or Svosh know of it :D:D:D

if either or both of you decide to create this, THANK YOU SOOO MUCH :p i know its not Star Wars but niether is
Battle Meditation

i just want to see a HUGE, POWERFUL LOOKING SWORD :cool: :cool:

MattCole
 T7nowhere
09-10-2004, 9:56 PM
Ok I there is a new feature in our request thread. In an attempt to help users and modders, On the second post on the first pages is where you can find this threads updates. Holowan moderators will keep it updated regularly.

This message will self destruct in a day or two!!
 bneezy
09-11-2004, 6:34 AM
If you find the weapon (whether the Soul Reaver or Squall's Gunblade) for another game, contact the author and ask him/her if they would consider converting it for KotOR. You would be surprised how many talented Jedi Outcast/Academy MOD authors don't you can MOD KotOR.
 90SK
09-11-2004, 9:13 AM
I've had an idea for a really cool item for some time, but I'm having loads of trouble. No one has made Revan's mask yet, and I thought of a way of doing it without any new moddeling. Just take the vaccum mask from the starforge, and put revan's mask textures on it. Its the perfect shape and size! The only problem is, I can't find the vaccum mask textures. Can this be done?
 bneezy
09-11-2004, 9:30 AM
Our very own T7nowhere is already on it. Here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=135362) is the thread. And here (http://gallery97455.fotopic.net/p7411567.html) is a pic of his work in progress.

The Vacuum Mask texture is in ERFs/Texture Packs/swpc_tex_tpa.erf/I/i_vacuummsk.tpc
 90SK
09-11-2004, 9:36 AM
Wow, that was quick:D

Thank you very much!
 bneezy
09-11-2004, 9:37 AM
No problem. That is what we're here for. And that is what this thread is for. Thank you for using it.

crazyhybrid9999,

Is this (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/cass_new_full.jpg) and this (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/bneezy21/cass_new.jpg) what you are looking for?
 90SK
09-11-2004, 10:19 AM
Well, I guess I'm waiting for T7 to be done. I can't make ANY sence out of this texture. Thanks anyway though!

Edit: *does a double take* HOLY JUMPIN SITHS! WHERE CAN I GET THAT MANDO ARMOUR!
Page: 4 of 5