Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

UFPOB mod

Page: 1 of 1
 Maxstate
08-22-2004, 3:10 PM
Here the Use Force Powers Outside Battle mod is discussed.

It's being made by Darth333(the almighty and helpful) & Co.

It's a mod i requested and basicly what it's gonna do is:

Make force powers Wave And Lightning availible in the Friendly Force Power bar. (i Hope)
The blue one down right.

As i said it's now in development and it's probably gonna work(I trust darth 333 all the way):fett:

So the reason i put this thread up was for a few things.

Mainly cuz we had to discuss the whole thing in D333's Allinoneforcepowermod thread which to me whas a little odd.

i guess i'm probably not the only one here who likes pushing npc's around or frying them to a golden brown french fry,

So what do you guys think; opinions good and bad are what make this thread alive, so lemme have 'em!?
:mob:

PS: I made this thread without permission of the modders,
so if i am violating anything shut it down please!:amidala:
 Glamador
08-22-2004, 3:35 PM
i say its a good idea but i would rather be able to use drain on NPCs so that i can get health back after a hard battle...also i think that you should be able to choke them...choking rocks
 Maxstate
08-22-2004, 4:07 PM
Well maybe in the future and you are absolutely right only,
i'm not making the mod and from what i hear it's very time consuming so maybe d333 can implement choke or drain in an update IF the mod is succesful but again it's all up to her/them
i only make the requests:)

PS; PEOPLE vote please!
 Colma Adawin
08-22-2004, 4:52 PM
Originally posted by Maxstate
i only make the requests:)

i once thought like you, then some ppl made me decide on a life of modding, yes it will take time, BUT, its fun. and if everyone thought as you did, this forums would be nothing (i hope that NEVER happens, i'd be annoyed and upset, to me Holowan is my home on the internet :p anyway, try Item Property editing, its actually a boatload of fun once you get the hang of it.

ANYWAY, i personally dont like the idea of OFFENCIVE Force Powers as a Friendly power, its just not right. sorry but im not too keen on the idea, but seriously try Item Editing.

MattCole
 Achilles
08-22-2004, 5:17 PM
Well, at the risk of soundind hedonistic, I say "do what makes you feel good". However, I am almost positive that I would never use a mod like this :D

Good luck with it though!
 Maxstate
08-22-2004, 5:29 PM
Why not??

I'm just sick and tired that my character can't do anything out of battle execpt walk!:o

:rolleyes: But hey okey:)

NEXT!
 Achilles
08-22-2004, 6:06 PM
Originally posted by Maxstate
Why not??

I'm just sick and tired that my character can't do anything out of battle execpt walk!:o

:rolleyes: But hey okey:)

NEXT!
Well it seems to me that walking is what a PC should do between quests, sidequests, puzzels, etc. The mod you're describing would help to make the game more open-ended, but this isn't GTA3 :D

Again, I hope that you make the mod because you want it, but I don't personally see much use for it :)
 Maxstate
08-22-2004, 6:14 PM
Yeah...

Maybe i'm being selfish but i was sure more people would like it,
Well okey maybe i'm the only one but you are right from one angle
 Darth333
08-22-2004, 6:38 PM
Wow! a thread about my mods that I didn't even now about ! ( I was too with the spam attack :D )

Anyways, I am doing the mod for you, Maxstate, but I am not incorporating this package in the all-in-one force power mod since not everyone, starting by me, wants to have those powers in the friendly force power menu.

However, I'll make something compatible so those who want to use it with the AIOFPM will ba able to do so and those who don't won't be oblige to see new powers in their selection screen.

And if you want to try modding, I encourage you to do so: it is not difficult though I wouldn't recommend you start with force powers: it's pure scripting.

I suggest you read the Guide for the Newbie and look at T7's "do you wnat to mod sw-kotor" in the stickies. Item editing is a good way to get started :)
 BobRichter
08-22-2004, 6:42 PM
I can't say I mind the idea of hauling off and killing all the NPCs in a scene (great way to work off stress in Fallout 2, for example,) but I'd like to be able to do it with my lightsaber. Is that too much to ask?

I'd also want the other NPCs to react appropriately (scream and run, draw weapons and charge, whatever.) and to gain some serious dark-side.
 Darth333
08-22-2004, 7:26 PM
Arghhhh!

The original idea was here altoghether with my answers: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1606119#post1606119)

Iam doing two force powers to add to the friendly force power menu, nothing more, nothing less.

Yes, it would be possible to add saber use...if I ever have enough time I may look at it but don't expect it in the two next weeks: I have too much to do. However, it would have to be placed in the friendly force power menu and it would be considered as a force power.

I'd also want the other NPCs to react appropriately (scream and run, draw weapons and charge, whatever.) and to gain some serious dark-side.

It is possible to make a script that will turn certain npcs hostile each time you draw the saber: like the people on Taris that are scared of you when you wear the sith Uniform. However, to scream, and change dialog, it would be necessary to add a few lines to every single dialog in the game (that is what they did on Taris). Changing a general reaction, wihtout dialog is feasible.

Add dark side points each time you use such a force power is easy: I just have to add a few lines to the code.
 Maxstate
08-23-2004, 4:40 AM
:dev7:

Just so darn excited about it, just think: frying all those rude czerka guys or pushing some onto a mine (is that possible?).

Or electrocuting the Selkath!

My mind is full of nasty dark side idea's:D :nut:

That saber idea would be cool too though, but don't get too off-topic.:urpdude:
 jedi_5002
08-23-2004, 12:51 PM
I voted that it's good. The more options you have, when playing a game, the better. It makes for a more customized game and more things to do, to keep the game fresh. I can't wait, though I will have to.

:fett:
 Maxstate
08-23-2004, 12:54 PM
YOU THINK JUST LIKE I DO, i'm adding you to my buddy list you are absolutely right!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
Page: 1 of 1