Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

POLL: Which should be the next editable map?

Page: 1 of 1
 Fred Tetra
08-21-2004, 4:00 PM
Which module should I set up a map for next?
 stingerhs
08-21-2004, 4:08 PM
first to vote!! yay!!! anyway, i say davik's estate because its on the rather large side, which leaves you open to tons of possibilities. not to mention, i always felt that map was rather boring.
 Colma Adawin
08-21-2004, 4:31 PM
i agree with my bud stingerhs on this one, he has a point and i think the Jedi Enclave would be my second vote, becoz it has the rooms and the Great Hall, but i will stick by my vote. (Daviks Estate)

MattCole
 Achilles
08-21-2004, 4:52 PM
I was actually kicking around the idea of making a new module using the enclave, so if you could do that first, it would be great :D
 Darth333
08-21-2004, 4:57 PM
Hard choice but I'll say the Jedi Enclave: it has a lot of unused potential and it's general apperance could fit various planets and various types of mods. Someone could even set a sort of arena there...and there is all this place outdoors, near the Ebon Hawk.

Davik's Estate is a good choice too: it can be used as a new part of a city, a sith base, etc...
 Achilles
08-21-2004, 5:06 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
Hard choice but I'll say the Jedi Enclave: it has a lot of unused potential and it's general apperance could fit various planets and various types of mods. Someone could even set a sort of arena there...and there is all this place outdoors, near the Ebon Hawk.

SHHHHHHHHHH!!! You're stealing my thunder :D
 Colma Adawin
08-21-2004, 5:20 PM
RIGHT!!! its settled then Achillies your on the Enclave, Fred Tetra your on Daviks Estate (im only kiddin) :p

i hope BOTH of you enjoy making and releasing the mod and GOOD LUCK to the BOTH of you :D

MattCole
 En liten mus
08-21-2004, 6:36 PM
LOl 50%-50%

Its a close fight between the Jedi Enclave and Daviks estate
 Glamador
08-21-2004, 7:40 PM
i say you use a different map...i dont like those...i always thought the star forge was pretty big with some nice little tidbits that could be used...like those ramps that go down to nowhere in ur fight with Malak...or possibly one of the larger cities, or even the shadowlands of kashyyk
 Mono_Giganto
08-21-2004, 8:11 PM
I chose other, cause I'd love to see the Leviathan right now, would make finishing this module much easier, I have next to no time of my own, let alone a module. That would really speed it up, but whatever you do would be great.
 Fred Tetra
08-21-2004, 9:22 PM
I tried to pick maps that didn't have too much Z-axis change to them, though now I'm thinking that the Jedi Enclave does. (Can anyone quickly verify that?)

The reason is, since the editor works in 2D in the GUI mode and all Z-axis positioning of placeables has to be done manually, i wanted to reduce the amount of that sort of thing.
 Darth333
08-21-2004, 9:33 PM
Originally posted by Fred Tetra
I tried to pick maps that didn't have too much Z-axis change to them, though now I'm thinking that the Jedi Enclave does. (Can anyone quickly verify that?)

The reason is, since the editor works in 2D in the GUI mode and all Z-axis positioning of placeables has to be done manually, i wanted to reduce the amount of that sort of thing.
Yup, you are right, the Jedi Enclave has some :(

I think Davik's Estate, most the the maps on Manaan and Anchorhead (it's been a while since I played) don't have changing z coordinates
 Achilles
08-21-2004, 9:41 PM

I think Davik's Estate, most the the maps on Manaan and Anchorhead (it's been a while since I played) don't have changing z coordinates

Bummer. In that case I will probably need to find another module for my idea.
 RedHawke
08-21-2004, 11:27 PM

Drat... I already voted for the Jedi Enclave... and it does have a Z-Axis shift, right past Deesra and in the central courtyard, I guess Davik's Estate will have to be the one! :)

Thanks for all the hard work Fred! :D
 jedi_5002
08-22-2004, 3:35 AM

That is the case. Also:
If the Lower Sewer is where you find the Outcast Bodies, then that has a Z-axis shift. If it is by the Rancor, then that also has a Z-Axis shift.

I voted for other. Specifically the unused section of the Vulcar Base (m10ab, if I'm not mistaken). It has no Z-Axis shift (if my memory serves me (which it usually does)) and it is not seen in the game, but it is complete, and works (i.e. you can go there, and the game won't crash).

Just my 25 cents.

:fett:
 Fred Tetra
08-23-2004, 12:07 AM
Ok, here's a link to the map background for m08aa as it stands.

m08aa image (http://kotortool.home.comcast.net/m08aa_out.jpg)

Can someone kindly verify that it looks right?

The main thing I have concerns over is that I have the the "bedrooms" right. (They're the ones that have 3 beds and a table with 1,2, or 3 chairs around it.) I'm not sure if the right number of chairs is in each room; I might have gotten them mixed up.

As soon as I can verify the map background image, I can start with the ... (long sigh) ... calibration. If only it didn't take so long!
 T7nowhere
08-23-2004, 1:13 AM
The top two rooms in the group of 4 need to be switched. the room with 1 table is the level entry room and should be on the left.
 Fred Tetra
08-24-2004, 1:21 PM
Ok, here's a link to the latest map background for m08aa.

Taris m08aa map image - Davik's Estate (http://kotortool.home.comcast.net/m08aa_out.jpg)

I exchanged two of the rooms; can someone kindly verify that it looks right now?

Thanks!
 Glamador
08-24-2004, 7:44 PM
hope u get it done soon...i love new maps...nice avatar u got there...i love day of the tentacle...it was almost as hilarious as sam and max!
 Achilles
08-24-2004, 7:54 PM
Ok, here's a link to the latest map background for m08aa.

Taris m08aa map image - Davik's Estate (http://kotortool.home.comcast.net/m08aa_out.jpg)

I exchanged two of the rooms; can someone kindly verify that it looks right now?

Thanks!
It looks right to me :D
Just checked it against one of my save games.
 T7nowhere
08-24-2004, 8:11 PM
Yup, I checked it agianst a save aswell and the new layout is perfect.
 Prime
08-24-2004, 8:19 PM
Hard choice but I'll say the Jedi Enclave: it has a lot of unused potential. I'm with the lady...
 Fred Tetra
08-25-2004, 1:16 AM
Well, by a stroke of luck, I figured out the calibration values in under an hour for the m08aa map. After I verify a few more things, I'll post a new version of Kotor Tool with the new map support added.

Also, thanks to Achillies and T7nowhere for double-checking my work. If anyone is interested in speeding up the map-creation process by assembling the maps in Gmax or 3DSMax, let me know and I can fill you in on the details. Credit will be given for accepted maps.
 Fred Tetra
08-25-2004, 1:22 AM
Originally posted by Glamador
hope u get it done soon...i love new maps...nice avatar u got there...i love day of the tentacle...it was almost as hilarious as sam and max!

I'd love a Day of the Tentacle character skin or a Yellow Teletubby one :)

Just think of replacing all of Davik's guards with rabbity-things!

(I used to whip my friends in Quake II back in the day while using a Teletubby-skinned character; somehow is was just more humiliating for them to be beaten by this happy, smiliing Teletubby... )
Page: 1 of 1