Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Cantina 6: PTH Part V, Revenge

Page: 1 of 5
 Admiral
08-17-2004, 8:28 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cantina 6: Postlude to Holocaust Part V, Revenge
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rules: No godmodding ect. New people please post a character bio in your first post.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Characters: (from previous threads)

Aidan: Gargoyle (male)
Asgardreid: Aesirian Ship
Elella: Human (female), Orthos's cousin
Guy: Human (male), Shadow
Hal: Human (male), Jedi Knight
Heimdall: Aesir (male)
Idun: Aesir (female)
Irvine (Red): Human (male), pseudo-Jedi Knight
Irvine (White): Human Clone (male), Force Adept
Marin: Human Water-Breather (female)
Misae: Human (female), Jedi Knight
Orthos: Human (male), Darkiller/Alminstar Avatar
Raschel: K'Beran (female), NRI operative
Svafa: Aesir (female), Valkyrie
Gerd: Jotun (female)
Matt: Human (male), being trained in the Jedi arts
Gortick: Human (male), Orthos's brother

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The story so far:/Rough Idea of whats going on

One year ago, the Aesir (a unknown and powerful race) destroyed 80% percent of the galaxy in a single attack. The attack some believe is/was the first steps towards an invasion, others that it was a retaliatory strike for the death of the Aesir's leader, Odin. The Aesir claim it was an act of mercy, so that the majority of the galaxy wouldn't have to suffer a slow and painful death that was now coming.

Regardless what remains of the galaxy is now in turmoil. Evil forces that have long been held at bay are now free and intent on completing the destruction of the Galaxy. At the head of this force is the gigantic wolf Fenrir, and the Jotun Surt. It has been prophesied that it will take them 22 (now 21) years to complete their task.

The same prophecies that predicted the time horizon of the galaxy's destruction also gave a small glimmer of hope in an ancient device known as the time matrix. This device has the ability to change time and could be used to save the galaxy. However, the device was hidden long ago and now the only clues to it's location are mysterious maps (that constantly changes), and this piece of prophecy/inscription:

Ragnarok impure,
Gotterdammerung has occurred,
Doom has come early that should not have
Aesir, now Vanir deprived of All-Father
Death of stars shall reveal
One tool that alone
Can destroy destiny or set it right
To find, seek:
Ten keys
Seven gates
Fire, Eye, and Ice
Wake the Wolf unlocked from its tomb
All the legions of Asgard cannot twist time, but a silver ball will.

A group of unlikely champions was assembled and tasked with acquiring the device and saving the galaxy. Through their adventures the size of their group has grown and they do not always get along. In the last stage of the quest for the time matrix things turned extremely deadly. Three members of the group (Heimdall, Marin and Aidan) all had their minds altered by crystals turning them against their comrades. While in this transformed state they gleefully attacked the group and innocents. They delighted in turning the group on one another. In towards the end Svafa, Heimdall’s sister was nearly killed at the hands of Heimdall.

The key to saving the trio and possibly the entire group (for the time being) was a sword forged in an earlier adventure. This sword by either holding it or by being cut by it reversed the affects of the mind altering crystals. A side effect was a loss of memory, the degree of memory loss depended on the length of time for reversion to take place. For Heimdall he has little memory of what took place while Marin has almost no memory loss (The sword when through her gut causing near instantaneous reversion).

A little after the group was reunited, they were quickly attacked by newcomers. During this attack Guy was blinded and Misea seriously injured, and a majority of the group was imbolized by a strange weapon the newcomers had. Needless to say a tactical retreat commenced. A the end of this quest: The seriously injured parties where: Svafa, Marin, Misea and Guy.

During this part, a shadow eclipsed all light emanating from stars. The shadow has disappeared from the stars, however most systems just have the light from their local stars, and still have starless nights. It will take hundred of years for the effects of the shadow to truly disappear. The removal of light also damaged crop production on some worlds. Famine is begin to spread across the galaxy.

Since the end of the last thread Eight months have passed. During this time the group has been following the map around to planet after planet, almost as if touring the galaxy. The Aesir have maintained the restriction on the ship allowing access to the upper level only to Heimdall, Svafa, Idun, Gerd, Marin and Aidan. The bridge is similarly restricted, only the Aesir are allowed in.

Currently the Asgardried is docked in the poor colony world of Yevoh. Once a thriving colony, Yevoh is now struggling and short of food and other supplies. The map at the moment is showing no signs of where they should head next.

The story continues:
((I'll post later on tonight))
 Scar Da Kookee
08-17-2004, 9:23 PM
((Okay, time to solve the whole "What-the-hell-should-we-do-with-two-characters-named-the-same-thing" problem...

p.s., i think that character list needs more updating... :)))

*In a poor marketplace the two Irvines wander seprately..

RH Irvine walked from booth to booth, looking at odd trinkets and almost worthless items, everyone wanting ether large sums of now worthless credits or even scraps of food to pay for a single item.

He comes to a booth, selling also selling odd trinkets, and somewhat decent everyday items, how ever somewhat damaged.
He walks inside, and sees some odd gems, most just glass. One however was quite interesting, a greenish crystal that glowed a bit when RH Irvine walked near the counter where it sat.

It was dirty and unshaped, like it was in the same condition as it was when it was taken from the earth where it laid.*

Salesmen "Ah, ye see ya gots the liking the gems here, eh? Well, it was dug up just last week." *Looks at it glow.* "Hm? Ye haven't seen that happen yet. Tell ye what, I'll give it to ye, if ya spare some rations, ya?"

*RH Irvine looks at it, it was a crystal, if reshaped, it'll get good use as a lightsaber crystal rather then a worthless necklace piece.*

RH Irvine "You have a deal." *without taking his eye off of the crystal, he removes a small package, worth about a small meal, as he recieves the crystal.*

*WH Irvine saw nothing that he'd want in the market area, and by this time he'd made his way near RH Irvine, who was just leaving the booth, and placed the crystal in his cloak.*

WH Irvine *raising his eyebrow* "Irvine, you didn't just give some of your rations to that guy?"

*WH Irvine points into the booth with his right finger, the slight sound of motorised parts in his hand gave way to the extent of his injury of that fight months ago.*

RH Irvine "Cracern, it does not matter, we have plenty of food to last us for a while yet still. Besides it came out of my own rations."

*The two began walking back to the Asgardried.*

Cracern "So, what was that you bought?"

RH Irvine "I bought a small gem, unshaped, but it can be put into someuse if I manage to get time to do it."

Cracern "So, how do you think the kid's doing?"

RH Irvine "He should be refered to as a padawan. As for his training, it's for him to deside, for me in my opinion about such it'll be based on how he perceives on how fair his progress is."

Cracern "I see..." *thinking* 'Okay, he's confusing me a bit...'

RH Irvine "I heard that. Besides you could refer me as something other then just the same name as your own."

Cracern "What do you mean, you call me by my last name, and you had your name first."

*They were comign up on the ship...*

RH Irvine "Very true, but it's only the first name. I don't desire to be called by it. I'd rather be refered to by my name that was given to me when I first became a padawan, Sir-vin Cry'Pal'Tine."

Cracern "Crypaltine? Sounds pretty lame."

RH irvine "Yes, but it wasn't far from the truth, sort of an altered version of Cracken Palpatine, keeping the truth not so far from me in my blind youth."

Cracern "So you most likey want me to call you all that?"

RH Irvine "Not needed, just call me by Sir-Vin, and everyone should catch on after a while."
 Redwing
08-18-2004, 1:00 AM
((I'm going to repost character stuff. Just descriptions, mind you, not bios; in this kind of thread, other characters either already know or they can ask and find out ;)))

Name: Aidan Saph'rai
Description: Aidan is a gargoyle, a species alien to this galaxy. He has blue skin, pointed ears, batlike wings, a tail, claws, lizardlike feet, and small fangs. He is taller than a human his age would be, but not unusually tall. Otherwise, he looks somewhat human. He generally wears only a waistcloth. He appears to be an older teenager.

Name: Guy
Description: Guy is human, tall, with pale skin, short light blonde hair, and gray eyes. He wears an unusual outfit with a high collar and long coat, all in shades of dark gray. He appears to be an adult.

Name: Marin
Description: Marin appears basically human, although something seems unusual about her. She is short, has brown skin, brown hair, and unusually-shaped chestnut eyes. She wears tight jeans and tight T-shirts, which certainly mark her as unusual in this galaxy. She appears to be a teenager.

Name: Misae Arjas
Description: Misae is human, of average height, has pale skin, brunette hair in a braid, and pale blue eyes. She wears her brown-and-white Padawan's outfit and carries a lightsaber with a teal blade. She appears to be a young adult.

Name: Raschel Sheire
Description: Raschel is a K'Beran, one of very few of her kind in the galaxy. She sports olive scales and green skin, a short square snout, a long mane of white hair with the barest hint of pale blue, large brown eyes, and a thick alligator tail. She wears average clothes, except for the blaster belt. She appears to be an adult.

Asgardried, Misae's Quarters

Misae lay on her bed, staring at the ceiling. She absently fingered the long scar on her upper chest and and shoulder.

One year.

One year since the so-called Galactic Holocaust. One year since her master had died saving Coruscant. One year since she got sucked into a quest to try to save the galaxy.

What was happening on Coruscant now? She wasn't sure. Most likely it had fallen to mob rule. Or the Imperials had managed to regather their power and take over...

Why do I care? If the Aesir are telling the truth...if this isn't just an immense, elaborate game...we find the Time Matrix, and we can reverse everything. Undo all the damage. Stop the end of the galaxy.

If Aesir were telling the truth. If.

What if they're not?

Well, then her master was simply dead, the end of the galaxy was not coming, and there was no bringing back the uncountable lives that the Aesir had taken in the last gasp before their Lord Odin was killed. What was it? Eighty percent of the intelligent life in the galaxy. All population centers except Coruscant, destroyed.

She knew what she really wanted.

Vengeance. Vengeance is what I want.

But a Jedi did not seek revenge.

But, what kind of a Jedi am I, really? I am not in full control of my emotions. I can almost hear the Council now, as if they were still alive. "She avoids responsibility. She has too much anger. Too much fear. Too much pride."

Well, now she was helping the Aesir, who were responsible for her master's death, in the faint hope that they were not all liars and she would be able to undo the terrible things she had suffered. That the galaxy had suffered. Could she really be blamed for having a bit of unresolved anger?

Then again, a few months ago, she had almost died. Two of the Aesir had saved her life.

So now do I owe them?

She fingered her scar again.

Then there was that voice, that voice that had haunted her since the group had encountered reanimated Sith on an ancient Dark-sider planet...

"They would take away your feelings...your passions...your vengeance...

They fear you...they want to hold you back, tie you down..."

She shook her head, trying to get the whisper out.

"They will abandon you...you'll see. When your 'friends' reject you, we will be here...waiting...

----------

Yevoh, Town

Marin wandered the streets of the strange town, alone. Even after eight months she wasn't sure how to deal with the others. She couldn't face the memories she still had, of when her mind had been altered by enchanted crystals and she had gleefully slaughtered dozens of people alongside Aidan and Heimdall. She didn't know how to deal with Aidan, who remembered almost as much as she did. Even less for Heimdall, who remembered almost nothing due to his long mental struggle with the enchanted sword that had thrown off the crystals' effect. Nor the others, who had been victimized by the antics of "her" trio.

Especially because the Heimdall, Svafa, and Idun now seemed to favor her and Aidan over the others. There were ugly disagreements and fights between the Aesir and the rest of the group while they had unsuccessfully tried to deal with her and her trio. The Aesir didn't blame her or Heimdall or Aidan because they were under mind control. But how could she face the others, who she sensed might not be so forgiving...

Then there was Guy, whose sister had apparently shown up out of nowhere and had burned his eyes out.

She had been hoping she could at least get some form of solace or explanation from him, until then. She had seen him only a few times since it had happened. Most recently, she had seen that the scars around his eyes were gone, and the eyes themselves were still there, crystalline and translucent, and unmoving. As if they had been frozen in ice.

He had told the others little. He didn't know where the mysterious attackers had come from. He knew only that one of them was his sister. Yes, they would try to follow, but yes, he could throw them off. Could they be beaten if we were to meet them again? No, he had said. He couldn't do anything else about it.

He didn't explain anything else. He didn't explain the crystals, or why the sword had cured her, and what that all had meant, and she didn't ask.

She had simply avoided everyone. The Asgardried was a large ship, and the Aesir let her in the upper levels where the others couldn't go. It was easy.

But I know...I know soon I'm going to have to face them all.
 Admiral
08-18-2004, 3:33 AM
CharacterDescription:

Heimdall: A human by appearance, Heimdall is an Aesir. He is hundred of years old but appears to be in his late twenties to early thirties. He has long brown hair, and comonly wears his dark blue Mithril armor with a dark blue cloak.

Svafa: Like Heimdall, appears to be human, but is an Aesir. She is very beautiful and appears to be of similar age to Heimdall. She has very long red hair that is usually tied into braids. Normally she is dressed in dark blue Mithril Armor with a dark blue cloak.

Idun: Like Heimdall and Svafa she is an Aesir who appears to be about Svafa's age. She is dressed like the other two and has brown hair that reaches a little past her shoulders.

Gerd: A human by appearance, however she is a jotun. She has brown hair, her most noticable feature is her eyes. One a firey red the other an icy blue. Her eyes seem to glow in the dark. She is wears a jumpsuit, and looks like a teenager.

Asgardried: Upper lounge

Heimdall stood in the upper lounge looking out a window. His thoughts randomly wandering into different areas. However, they always seemed to circle around the same thing...Svafa. Eight months ago her life, the life of his sister almost ended by his hands. He had forgiven himself for the death of the unknown innocents, even for his attacks on the group. However, he could not fogive himself for coming a hair's width from killing her. Until he could come to terms with that it was best if he avoided her.

How Heimdall wished that his older brother Vidar was there. Vidar would be able to help him through this, and maybe come to terms with it, but Vidar was on Midgard with the last of their race. Heimdall would have to do it by himself....

*A slight foot step brought Heimdall out of his contemplation. Turning he sees Svafa standing in the doorway*

Heimdall: Hello

Svafa: Good morning. I need to talk to you.

Heimdall: About what?

Svafa: About what happened. You blame yourself, and refuse to forgive yourself.

Heimdall: I almost killed you.

Svafa *twinge of anger in her voice*: No you did not. Someone else who controled your body almost killed me and if not for you I'm sure he would have. When we were fighting in that cave I saw in your eyes the conflict that was raging in your mind. How easy it would have been to remove my head but you prevanted that. You stopped him from giving me a mortal wound and gave Idun a chance to save me. I owe you my life.

Heimdall: I just don't know....

Svafa: I know, doubts have haunted your mind for the past year. You are unsure if Vidar made the right choice in sending you on this quest, and that perhaps he or Tyr should have gone or at least come along. This is foolish, Vidar knows what he is doing and he along with everyone else has the upmost confidence in you.

*Svafa embraces Heimdall with a tight hug*

Svafa: and don't for a second think you are alone in this. You have me and Idun.

Heimdall: Thank you. I really needed that.

Svafa: I know little brother.

Heimdall: I was going to give Gerd a gift in a little while. Do you want to come along?

Svafa: I would be delighted.

*They release each other, and Heimdall follows Svafa from the lounge*
------------------------------------------------------------

Idun and Gerd were wandering the perimeter of the Asgardried. Gerd came to them eight months ago nearly starved to death. Idun still didn't know how Gerd managed to reach them or even know where they were. Just another of the strange things that have happened in this quest.

Since then Gerd had put on a healthy amount of weight, and revealed an apetite for knowledge. It somewhat reminded her of Odin and his never ending quest for knowledge and wisdom. There seemed to be a never ending barage of questions, lucky them the Asgardried was always more then happy to answer. In fact Gerd seemed to spend more time talking to the ship then anyone else. They seemed to have become best friends.

Idun glanced at Gerd as they rounded the bow and began heading towards the aft cargo hold. A smile crepped it's way onto Idun's face. She was very happy with the way Gerd was turning out. Gerd while not understanding the reasons, kept her promise and didn't tell the rest of the group who or what she was. It helped that she didn't spend to much time with them, Gerd seemed to be more then happy to stay in the top level studing and playing games with the ship.

With Svafa's help Gerd training was progressing vey well. Already she had masterd a simple but vital transportation spell. She could easily bring herself back to the Asgardried anytime she wanted. Svafa as part of her recovery was also training Gerd in self-defense and using her powers to defend herself. When Gerd wasn't talking to the ship you could almost count on the fact that she would be with Svafa in the armory training. It seemed everything facinated the jotun child.

Idun then looked outward at Yevoh and her smile quickly transformed into a small frown. Gerd quickly noticed that.

Gerd: Idun whats wrong?

Idun: Oh, nothing you need to be concerned with. Now Heimdall told me he had something for you, why don't you run along to the cargo hold, that is where is said he was goign to meet us. I'll be along shortly.

Gerd: Ok

*Gerd runs off excitedly looking forward to what Heimdall had*

Idun:This world is now only begining to feel the effects of the holocaust. There is simple not enough food being produced to feed the galaxy. Those with wealth are already hording it, and those who could no longer afford the outrageous prices were slowly straving to death. It was sickening and to sit around waiting for the quest to pick up again was all the more frustrating

*Idun gave a silent sigh and began heading after Gerd. She hated seeing beings suffer. It did only harden her resolve on seeing the quest through to completion, and prevanting all of this.*
 Scar Da Kookee
08-18-2004, 4:46 PM
((lemme attempt this again ^_^))

Irvine Palpatine/RH Irvine/Sir-Vin: Tall, mid to late twenties human, long red hair, with beard to make himself look more older then he is. More relaxed, and clamer looking then his counterpart.

Irvine Cracern/WH Irvine: About the same appearence as the other Irvine, but he has very short white hair, and appears a few years younger. More reckless and not as much untrained in the force as the most, but can prove some worth
 jokemaster
08-18-2004, 6:29 PM
Matt: HUman, medium height, black haired. He's a teenager, and is currently being trained to be a jedi by RH Irvine.
----
*Finally Matt grew too bored and decide to check out the restricted area of the ship. He headed toward it, looking for anything that might help him sneak in*
 Redwing
08-18-2004, 7:40 PM
Guy's Ship

Guy was floating in nowhere, a vast expanse of stars, in the middle of space. Stars that he could see.

A dream.

A man in a coat stood a few feet away, looking at him. Waiting for him to speak.

Guy's lips formed words. Then he spoke outloud.

"T."

The man replied.

"That is my name."

Guy's lips formed a snarl. "Did you know this would happen?"

The man did not answer.

"You brought us together. Did you know this would happen?"

The man replied, sadness in his voice. "I cannot see the future. That is your talent."

"Not anymore it isn't, you bastard. My visions are gone. And you know it."

He paused and stared at the man some more.

"Last time I saw you, you said I was 'blind'. What was that? Some kind of sick joke? Did you know my sister would come along out of nowhere and burn my goddamned eyes out with a magic torch?"

The man sounded even sadder. "I meant that as a warning. You are a seer. You always focus on the future. You nearly ignore the past and more importantly, the present.

"It is because of this that you did not become aware of what your family would do. Because of this you did not see that you would be found out by the other Shadows. Because of this you could not effectively help your friends at the Third Gate."

"But did you know what was going to happen?"

Silence. Guy glared.

"Who are you?"

The man gave no answer.
 Admiral
08-18-2004, 8:54 PM
Voice to Matt: What are you looking for?

-----------------------------------------------

Asgardried: Cargo Hold

*Gerd bounds up a ramp into the main cargo hold where she is greeted by Heimdall and Svafa*

Heimdall: Hello little one.

Gerd*excitedly*: Hello, Idun said you had something for me.

Heimdall*smiling*: Yes, it's in that cabinet. *He points to a nearby storage cabinet*

*Gerd runs over and hits the control panel. The cabinet door slowly slides to the side revealing a suit of Mithril armor. Gerd stares at it for a second before taking out the curiass.

The armor was the same design of Heimdall's, Svafa's and Idun's. Except this one had more knot work in it*

Svafa: I didn't think we had enough Mithril aboard to make another suit.

Heimdall: We didn't, at least not until the twin's suits were destroyed. I used some of that Mithril to make a suit for Gerd.

Idun*who had just walked up*: That is very kind of you.

Heimdall to Gerd: Well, dear what do you think of it?

Gerd: I love it, it is beautiful. Can I put it on now?

Idun *glancing at Heimdall and Svafa*: I don't see why not. Svafa and I will help you put it on.

*Svafa and Idun pick up other pieces of armor and escort Gerd into a nearby storage room for some privacy. A couple of minutes later Gerd emerges once again into the hold clad in her new armor. She runs up to Heimdall and hugs him. Svafa and Idun shortly follow her out.*

Gerd: Thank you. I love this.

Heimdall: Let me look at you.

*Gerd backs up and Heimdall slowly circles her.*

Heimdall: I don't know something is missing, what do you think Svafa?

Svafa: Yes, something is indeed missing. *THis part Heimdall did reveal to her on their way down*

Gerd: What, what is missing?

Heimdall: This *he walks back to the cabinet that had housed the armor and from a top shelf pulled out a cloa.and sets it around Gerd.* There, I think that will do. You are now a proper member of the crew.

Gerd: Oh...oh thankyou.

*Out of the corner of his eye, Heimdall saw a light begin to blink*

Heimdall: I'm sorry but we need to run *motioning towards Svafa.* I hope you enjoy your gift, goodbye sweetie.

Svafa: I'll see you later tonight for more sparring. Have fun.

*Heimdall and Svafa walk with a hurried pass out of the cargo hold and towards the bridge. On their way the pass Matt and just give him a backwards glance. The door to the bridge silently opens for them and quickly shuts as soon as they are inside*

Idun: Come on Gerd, let's walk around a little so you get used to the armor.

*The two head out of the Cargo hold to continue their earlier walk*
 jokemaster
08-18-2004, 9:26 PM
Matt*lying*:Nothing in particular.
 Scar Da Kookee
08-18-2004, 9:46 PM
*The "twins" came up on the Asgardried, Sir-Vin, went into the ship, as Cracern noticed Idun and Gerd walking around the Asgardried. He walked up up near the two.*

Cracern/WH Irvine *in a cheery voice to Gerd* "I see someone's got some new armour, looks good on ya."

*meanwhile*

*Sir-Vin/RH Irvine, has walked up into the cargohold and into the passageways of the ship.*

Sir-Vin "Asgardried, do you know where that student of mine went to?"
 Admiral
08-18-2004, 10:45 PM
Voice to Matt: Sure you are, I can help you know.

------------------------------------------------------

Gerd: Thank, you

*As Idun and Gerd continued to walk away*

Idun: The ship is busy at the moment, and last I knew he was still inside. In the future try keeping better track of him.
 jokemaster
08-18-2004, 11:17 PM
*Matt thought about theoffer. On the one hand it was risky, but what the hell, it wasn't like he was going to blow up the ship*
Matt: Who are you?
 Admiral
08-18-2004, 11:20 PM
Voice: A friend, who knows this ship very well.
 jokemaster
08-18-2004, 11:24 PM
Matt: How do I know you aren't trying to trick me?
 Admiral
08-18-2004, 11:29 PM
Voice: Head towards the bow of the ship. Ther will be four doors to your right, Open the third one and you will see that I'm not lying, and find some interesting if not that important things.
 jokemaster
08-18-2004, 11:56 PM
Matt went towards the bow, he carefully avoided anyone he saw. Finally he reached the doors. He opened the third door.....
 Admiral
08-19-2004, 12:02 AM
*As soon as Matt opened the door He gets shoved inside. The door slams shut and locks. There is no light in the room.*

Voice: You shouldn't have done that.
----------------------------------------------------------

Asgardried over the comm: Reddy Irvine please follow the flashing lights. Heimdall needs to talk to you.

*Lights flash along the corridor RH Irvine was in. They lead towards the Room that Matt was now locked in*
 jokemaster
08-19-2004, 12:12 AM
Matt: ****.
*Matt started looking for any way out*
 Admiral
08-19-2004, 12:32 AM
Voice: Now that isn't very polite. Don't worry you are not going to die in here. You just have to wait a little bit.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Asgardried: Bridge

*Heimdall and Svafa sat in the pilot and copilots seats respectively. One of the monitors displayed an image of Matt in the room. Another monitor displayed an incoming transmission*

Heimdall: If you will excuse me I need to go take care of this. *motioning to the monitor showing Matt*

Svafa: Sure, these seems like a standard update from our automated listening stations.

*Heimdall leaves the bridge and walks towards the room where Matt was being held*
 Scar Da Kookee
08-19-2004, 1:38 AM
*Sir-Vin/RH-Irvine raises an eyebrow.*

Sir-Vin "Very well then, I hope it's not something that will take long. I would like find and show that student of mine something that he'll do for himself in the future."

*He begins following the lights, and thinks about teaching Matt how to forge a lightsaber crystal from its raw form...*
 superthrawn
08-19-2004, 2:45 AM
Wakes up, and looks around. Head spins.

Hi, guys. I'm back. It's been a while, hasn't it?

You can blame Redwing for my return, and the craziness, destruction, fornication, instigation or , that will doubtlessly ensue.

First off, a bit about myself.

I am, as you can already tell, Superthrawn. Something like two years ago, I took part in a small, almost trivial little RPG called Cantina 6; Return of the Dead Guy. (If I remember right.) Anyway, from there, my character Katani Kas was frozen in time, or something to that effect, and I started a new, small, almost trivial spinoff RPG, called Postlude to Holocaust. That's the game you're playing now, by the way.

Anyway, shortly after Holocaust began to take off, school started for me again, and I moved away from RPing, in large part because I didn't have, nor want to make the time.

However, I've now graduated high school (and am moving into college on thursday), and time is back. I stay up later, I don't have to be in class as much, and work isn't so bad. So, I'm playing again, like I said, thanks to Redwing, who is a good guy.

So. I'm back. Just to let you all know.

Now, on to the actual Role Playing.
--------------------------------------------------

He was covered with blood. That's the only thought that could stick in his head for too long. Blood. Sticky blood. Runny blood. Red blood. It was disgusting.

He was tall, for his species. Tall, and to be honest, rather good looking, in a regal sort of way. He had short, silky white hair that fell back from a pronounced forehead. His eyes were a deep black, and his nose, while normal for his race, would be considered a bit long for a human. He had but three fingers and three toes on each of his two fingers and two hands. His mouth was filled with small, but sharp teeth.

I only tell you these things because, had you seen him, you would have noticed none of them. You would simply have noticed the fact that he was covered with blood. And maybe the fact that he was a mouse.

Now, I'm sure you're questioning why exactly this particular mouse was covered with blood, and why on this particular spaceship. It's not that things getting covered with blood was anything new on this spaceship, for this was the spaceship [I]Asgardried (Insert dramatic musical tones.)

However, no particular violence had been used to cover this mouse with blood. No, this blood had come from a very unfortunate accident.

Ritchet (That was his name, at least in this dimension) wasn't an ordinary mouse. No, he was rather the particular manifestation this universe chose to display upon an interdimensional being.

And that's what Ritchet was, an interdimensional being. (Has everyone picked up on that, yet?) His was a particularly powerful race from a dimension that was, unfortunately, far away. In his own dimension, Ritchet was practially a god. He had huge, bulging muscles, could manipulate minds and objects with but the barest of thoughts, and kill people with Thunderbolts. Yes, actual Thunderbolts.

Ritchet had spent time in this universe before. He'd been the captive of a small girl on some godforsaken planet. He hated it here, to be honest. He was small, and unpowerful. However, he had agreed to go on a particularly dangerous and harrowing mission. He'd failed miserably. So, he was sent here by his father, in order to attempt to redeem himself.

Unfortunately, he'd managed to find his way into this universe through the now dying body of an unfortunate girl by the name of...Josine. Yes, that's what they medical charts displayed in holo above her head said.

He shrugged. Father loved to play tricks like that on what he called the "lesser creatures." He'd kill them in the strangest ways. Ritchet had managed to find himself buried in the center of the now dead girl, and her body had a very tough time coping with the fact that a mouse had just materialized in the center of its chest, and decided to send chest fragments off to different corners of the room to think about what had happened.

So, he'd killed a girl. Excellent start to the evening. He decided to try moving about this universe one more time, and had a remarkable amount of luck.

Grend couldn't believe her eyes. Seemingly out of nowhere, a mouse had materialized with the sound of a small pop, and dropped the few feet to the ground, hitting hard. Then, she couldn't believe her ears.

"Pardon...can you help me?"

The mouse was talking.
 Redwing
08-19-2004, 3:23 AM
((OOS: Welcome back, superthrawn. ^_^

...Is Grend on Yevoh? XD))
 wildjedi
08-19-2004, 11:39 AM
Name: Tanara
Description: Tanara is a human who has been in training to be a Jedi until recently. She was just recently given the rank of Knight. She has shoulder length red hair and green eyes. Tanara is 25.
 Scar Da Kookee
08-19-2004, 12:49 PM
((oh nos, not another jedi! j/k :p))
 jokemaster
08-19-2004, 2:33 PM
Matt: I'm not worried about getting killed, I'm worried about getting bored.
*Matt sat down and started doing his meditation excercises*
((Y'know, the moment I read that your character was a mouse, I knew you were a HGttG fan.))
 Admiral
08-19-2004, 3:24 PM
((Welcome back, and very interesting post Superthrawn.

Red: Superthrawn can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe he meant Gerd. Going to hold off posting with Gerd until I'm sure.

Wild Jedi: Welcome. Easy character to add. You could have her approach the Asgardried saying she thought she felt other jedi around)).

Voice: You are not going to be killed. And if your bored you should have talked to your Master and got him teaching you some more interesting things like how to get yelled at by my masters. But you may have already mastered that skill.
------------------------------------------

*Heimdall stands outside the door waiting for Rh Irvine to get there*
 wildjedi
08-19-2004, 3:52 PM
((Thanks for the advice, Admiral))

Tanara was walking along a street when she suddenly stopped. What in the world? Her head turned. What could other Jedi possibly be doing here? She decided to investigate.
 Scar Da Kookee
08-19-2004, 4:04 PM
*Sir-Vin walks up to the corrador near Heimdall, he could sense the disappointment already. He sighs.*

Sir-Vin "Heimdall." *nods slightly*

*Sir-Vin notes that he's near the 'restricted' areas of the ship, and Matt could be sensed nearby.*

Sir-Vin "I could make one of two guesses why I was asked to come..."
 Admiral
08-19-2004, 4:41 PM
Heimdall: I'll help you. Asgardried, please open the door.

*The door slides open and lights turn on revealing Matt inside a small room filled with cleaning supplies. Heimdall looks at the room and Matt.*

Heimdall: Matt, please come out of our cleaning supply closet.

*Turning to Irvine(Sir-vin)*

Heimdall: Your apprentice here was found trying to sneak into the areas of the ship we restricted. Now it would seem he was doing this on his own because he was bored.

When you brought him aboard you said you take full responsiblity for him. As such were normally the punishment for this act would fall soley on him, you get to share in it as well. Since this is the first offense I'm just cutting rations for one week for both of you. If you wish to punish him further, it's entirely up to you.

*turning towards Matt*

It is obvisous that your Master didn't tell you that the ship is aware of everything that goes on inside of it. You try to gain access to any of the restricted areas again with out our permission and the ship will probably do far worse then lock you in a closet. Won't you?

*Heimdall montions towards the ceiling where a hatch slide open and a turrent dropped down.*

Asgardried *same voice that spoke to Matt*: Yes I will, I might just show him some home movies and bore him to death.

*The turrent retracts up into it's housing and the hatch closes again, blending right in with the rest of the ceiling

Heimdall: That is enough. Irvine, I suggest your next lesson be focused teaching your student some patience....

Asgardried: I'm sorry to interrupt, but Josine has just expired rather violently. I have sealed the room off and have some droids examining the area. I'll report as soon as I find any information.

Heimdall: Thank you. If you'll excuse me.

*Heimdall leaves and heads back towards the bridge*
 wildjedi
08-19-2004, 5:30 PM
Tanara stopped, puzzled. She was standing near a ship of a kind she had never seen before and the Jedi presence was very close. She could easily tell there were Jedi on the ship, but what they were doing here was still a mystery to her.

"For shame they don't have doorbells," she muttered as she found the entrance to the ship. "I would feel better about this if I could let someone know I'm coming in."

As it was, she simply walked in, stopping just inside the entrance.
 Admiral
08-19-2004, 5:49 PM
*Tanara quickly found a number of weapon emplacements pointed towards her. The door leading to the interior of the ship was sealed.* ((The main entrance has a double door system, like airlocks))

Asgardried: Who are you?
---------------------------------------------------

*Heimdall enters the bridge and sits down by Svafa. Tanara's image was now on the monitor that had recently been showing Matt*

Heimdall: I see we have another visitor.

Svafa: Up, and since your here, I'll go say hi.

*Svafa stands up and leaves the bridge heading for the main entrance.*
 wildjedi
08-19-2004, 6:32 PM
Tanara's eyes widened. "Apparently, I'm a person with a little too much curiosity." She shrugged. "It would seem I'm not welcome. If this is incorrect, let me know. If I'm right, I'll be leaving now."
 Admiral
08-19-2004, 8:28 PM
*The door behind Tanara quickly closes.*

Asgardried: That doesn't answer my question. And don't bother using that lightsaber (I'm assuming she has one since she is a jedi knight.) to get out. My masters will probably want to talk to you.

*Svafa on her way to the entrance quickly stops off at her quarters and grabs her sword. Moments later she is on the otherside of the door watching Tanara on a monitor. Waiting for an answer*
 Redwing
08-19-2004, 8:37 PM
((Yay! Welcome, wildjedi :D))

Misae's Quarters, Asgardried

The whisper in her head had died away again. Misae had drifted off into a doze when she suddenly became aware of a presence that had been on the peripheral of her consciousness for a short while already.

Another Jedi! Alive...

One year ago, when she had felt the destruction of Yavin IV, she had become convinced that she was the last living Jedi. She was soon disproven, however, when Halren Flax showed up. And perhaps the red-haired Irvine counted. Still, she knew that almost all Jedi in the galaxy were dead...

She had two conflicting impulses. She obeyed the stronger one.

She opened her door and left her quarters for the first time in ages, moving towards the new presence.
 jokemaster
08-19-2004, 8:41 PM
*Matt looked at RH Irvine*
Matt: Sorry.
 Scar Da Kookee
08-19-2004, 10:59 PM
*Sir-Vin sighs.*

Sir-Vin "I wouldn't blame your own curosity, but I thought I told you about the restricted areas of the ship. Never the less your mistake cost both of us some food for the next week." *lows head and smiles*

"Well, back to training. I'd like you to move and reorganise the larger creates in the cargo bay in a few hours after you meditate about your 'boredom'. And when you are training in the cargo hold try not to drop any of them, it might cost us more rations cut. I have to go see something."

*Sir-vin goes to where the 'new arrival' has been.*
 Admiral
08-20-2004, 12:32 AM
((Just for the Record Superthrawn did mean Gerd and not Grend))

Gerd: Awwww how cute. Who are you?
 jokemaster
08-20-2004, 12:44 AM
*Matt went off to the cargo bay. He managed to stack the crates without dropping even one of them.*
 superthrawn
08-20-2004, 1:35 AM
Ritchet straightened himself up, and looked around for a second before answering.

"I'm Ritchet. How I got here is a long and somewhat interesting story, but not worth the telling at this point. All I can tell you is that I've been sent to help you."

"So, can you tell me exactly what it is you're doing and who you are?"
 Admiral
08-20-2004, 1:42 AM
Gerd: I'm Gerd, and I'm taking a walk in my new armor. Do you like it?

Idun to Gerd: Who are you talking to?
 wildjedi
08-20-2004, 2:05 AM
Tanara's hand went briefly to her lightsaber when the door closed behind her. Then she calmed herself and nodded.

"Talk to me," she said. "If I have learned one thing, it is that when someone says 'talk' it does not always mean communication. I know when I am at a disadvantage, however, and I will be willing to talk."

She paused and smiled. "Am I being let in or is someone coming to me?"
 Scar Da Kookee
08-20-2004, 1:06 PM
Originally posted by jokemaster
*Matt went off to the cargo bay. He managed to stack the crates without dropping even one of them.*

((Not really trying to be rude or anything, heck it may be my error in wording it ^_^

Sir-vin wanted matt to meditate first :D))
 jokemaster
08-20-2004, 2:25 PM
((Oh, ummm....ermmm.....whoops
*flashes everyone with the MIB memory eraser thingies*))
*Matt went to his room and meditated a while.*
 Admiral
08-20-2004, 2:39 PM
Asgardried: You still haven't answered the question. You will stay in there until you do.
 jokemaster
08-21-2004, 4:31 PM
*Matt finished meditating and went to begin stacking the crates*
 Redwing
08-21-2004, 9:27 PM
Yevoh, Town

Raschel walked down the dirty streets, reminiscing. She had wandered into the housing district of the town, and passed by many quiet houses, noting that many of them seemed abandoned.

Probably left because of the food shortages...poor people...

The street she was walking down now, in fact, had not a resident in sight. Everything was very quiet.

Then, suddenly, she heard a crash. It sounded like furniture breaking. It was followed by a few more crashes and thuds, interspersed with several shouts in a language she couldn't recognize.

She approached the house cautiously. A curtain-covered window was open, and she stopped by it cautiously. Then came a voice in Basic. It was calm, quiet, and ice-cold.

"My men, Sejhan? Where are they?"

The other voice sounded more normal. "They left. Fled. Ran off. Got the cold shoulder. Really bad case of it. Happens. I mean, I warned you."

"All of them at once?"

There was silence for a moment, then the first voice continued.

"You frightened them away. Or have you had them killed?"

"No, I haven't." A pause. "Well, I --- you see, they --- okay, yes, I did. They were a liability, Duncan."

"How can I have a crusade without crusaders?"

"I'm not asking you for a crusade! You just have to kill one little baby Jotun. I mean, for crying out loud. You've done this already how many times?"

"The offspring of Thiazi will be a very powerful creature. Thiazi himself, I could not kill. And the prophecies you yourself obtained said that it is by this child's power that the galaxy has come to this, and by this child's power it will be destroyed."

"I think you're reading too much in between the lines. She's only, what, ten, eleven? This is a nip-it-in-the-bud mission. Kill the demon child before she can grow up and finish off everything."

"If there is little danger, why have you deprived me of my soldiers?"

"You're the only one in this galaxy capable of killing the Jotun. Maybe you were thinking of making them cannon fodder, but it wouldn't have worked. The Jotun's protectors would have finished them off before you could say 'bad idea'."

"I armed them against Jotuns. Certainly some would have died, but they would have at least matched blow for blow, death for death. Unless there is something you are not telling me."

There is a long pause. And a sigh.

"The Jotun child is not with other Jotuns."

Silence. Then the first voice started again, with a steely edge.

"Explain."

"She's with this group of fanatic mystics, who believe they can restore the galaxy by finding an ancient legendary power. You know, another one of those post-Holocaust cults that have been popping up all over. They're pretty dangerous, though. They've been carting her around for the past eight months."

"But why is she not with her kind?"

"She was separated from the other Jotuns in the Holocaust. I had thought her kind would have retrieved her by now, and I didn't want to make things...murkier."

"Murkier? The Jotuns are pure evil personified. Those who wish to align themselves with such evil shall die along with it. I have killed many Sith..."

"Her protectors aren't Sith. In fact, they believe themselves to be really nice guys. And girls. They probably think she's just the most adorable little girl. Look, I know you never killed innocents---"

"I am no fool, Sejhan. I understand war. There can be no pity for innocents who use themselves as a willing shield for evil."

"But ---oh. Well... good. Then there's no problem?"

"This evil must die. So will anyone who stands in the way of my justice. No matter their motives for doing so."

"Right. Guess I underestimated you. Sorry."

"I must know everything, if I am to do this."

"Right. No, gotcha. My mistake."

"You've kept nothing else from me, then?"

"Uh - no. Nothing I can think of."

"Good. Now, I am going out for a drink. I will expect you here when I return. I must know everything about these new adversaries I will face."

"Yeah. Got it."

There was a strange sound, then a pause. Raschel tensed and shrunk into the shadows. Footsteps came closer. The door opened, and a man walked out. He headed down the street without a backward glance.

Raschel didn't dare move until over a minute had passed since he had left. She peeked cautiously in through the window. The man's companion had vanished.

She had a very bad feeling about the conversation she had just overheard.

I have to get out of here.

Forcing herself to move nonchalantly as well as quietly, she walked away from the house in the opposite direction Duncan had left in. Once out of the vicinity, she broke into a run.

((Edit: Made a typo, posted a sentence twice ;)))
 superthrawn
08-22-2004, 2:34 AM
Ritchet turned to Idun, and spoke in his loudest, deepest voice (which was, all told, not very loud, nor deep) and said, "She's talking to me!" Idun looked down at the talking mouse, mouth agape for a moment, then burst out laughing.

"Well....that's quite rude. If I were....I'd teach you...you can..."

He finally realized that he wasn't going to be able to respond to threats very well.

"Uh, yeah, I like your armor," he sighed, in defeat.
 Redwing
08-22-2004, 2:43 AM
((OOS: superthrawn, please don't control other people's characters. Admiral might not want to have Idun laugh, even though it's the reaction you want. ;)

Will post an actual post in a bit...^^;;))
 Admiral
08-22-2004, 3:10 AM
((OOS: Reds, right. Idun wouldn't have laughed or stood with her mough gapping, it doesn't fit her character. Just to keep most of your post intact:))

*Just as Ritchet was about to shout, Idun reached Gerd and not seeing the mouse nearly stepped on him. His somewhat quiet shout saved him from becoming part of Idun's boot as she quickly stepped asided and gazed at this strange diminutive creature.

Ritchet: Well....that's quite rude. If I were....I'd teach you...you can..

Uh, yeah, I like your armor.

Gerd: Thank you, Heimdall made it just for me.

*As Idun looks at the mouse she notices that he is covered in something like blood.*

Idun: Is that blood?

((Superthrawn, I'm fairly positive you said Ritchet would still be covered in blood, if I'm mistken just ignore what Idun said))
 Redwing
08-22-2004, 3:23 AM
Yevoh, Marketplace

Marin walked down alongside the booths the Irvines had been through earlier, vaguely heading back to the Asgardried, reminiscing.

I told my father I'd be back in a month, two months at most, when I left. It's been over twelve months...a year.

No one had celebrated her 17th birthday. She had forgotten about it herself until a week after it had passed. Seventeen and a murderer. My father would be so proud.

Obviously I can't go back now, even if there was a way to. I'm going to become an adult in an alien galaxy, in an alien dimension...but an alien galaxy that I'm trying to save. What happens, though, if...when we get the Time Matrix? If we can rewind all this...will I be able to get my lost years back? Or will I be making a happy life only for another me?

She began to feel dizzy. The scenery swam before her eyes. She noticed with some alarm that she had wandered out of the marketplace and onto a side street.

That's probably bad...

She opened her mouth to shout, but discovered she could only give empty gasps. She sucked in air, but it did nothing for her. She couldn't breathe!

Water! I have to get to water!

She stumbled and fell against a wall. She was suffocating. She was a Water-Breather, after all, and she hadn't been in water for...how long?

I'm going to die. That's it, it's over.

Then something covered her gasping mouth, forcing it closed. Something else was placed over her nose.

Water!

She sucked in the liquid, filling her lungs.

She could hear screaming. It sounded like Raschel. "Stop! What are you doing, you're killing her!" At the moment, she didn't particularly care.

She exhaled and inhaled again. Then the source of the liquid was jerked away, and she gasped for a few more seconds. Then, she felt a tingling sensation, and everything went black.
Page: 1 of 5