Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Reset XForm

Page: 1 of 1
 Mana Dragon
08-16-2004, 3:03 AM
I've asked about this before I think.

I'm confused about it, because sometimes when I apply it, it doesn't make any changes.

Other times, I'll apply it, after doing something, and the mesh I applied the XForm to, will move to another spot, which tells me it has been reseted.

Does anyone know why this happens? It seems random, and I don't know what causes the XForm modifier to work, and not work.
 Psyk0Sith
08-16-2004, 10:33 PM
The reset Xform modifier will "work" when:

1. A pivot point has been moved.

2. The object has been mirrored.

3. The object has been scaled (happens rarely)

4. Object A is linked to an "un-xformed" B object (in other words the mesh it has been linked to it messed up, so it'll have the same properties)

That's based on my own experience so i dunno if there are other situations.
 Mana Dragon
08-17-2004, 2:22 AM
I must be tickin ppl off cuz I've been asking so much, you too :D

But I can't really figure it out. The only point where the shoulders look bad, is in strong style, as he swings the saber, he twists his shoulders upwards. At that point, the texture from the arm pit, is pulled through the shoulder, and to the top of the shoulder, while the top of the shoulder is pulled through to the arm pit, so it looks as if no blood is going through.

If the problem is something other than the Reset XForm, I don't know. Maybe I should leave the model as it is, and start painting him.
 Psyk0Sith
08-17-2004, 9:09 AM
see your other thread in the request forum.
 Mana Dragon
08-18-2004, 2:48 AM
:D

It's a problem you can see right off. I'll get a SS, and I'll also get a SS of Kyle at the same frame.
Page: 1 of 1