Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Game freezes every 30 seconds

Page: 1 of 1
 -J-
08-12-2004, 11:03 AM
I hope someone can help me....

Every 30 seconds or so the game freezes for about a minute then starts again... sometimes it takes a few minutes of gameplay for the freeze to start but once they start they don't stop. They happen during cutscenes, gameplay, even during the caracter selection menu...

Here is my PC config.
Windows XP pro
Athlon XP 2400+
1Ghz of Ram
40 Gig of free hard disk space
Videocard is a GeForce 4 Ti 4600 128Mb
soundcard is a soundblaster live.

I've run the updater and installed the updates
Direct X is installed
Installed the latest NVIDIA driver direct from the NVIDIA website

I even went as far as to format my hard drive and reinstal the os, all i have running is the OS, the game and Norton AntiVirus 2004 (auto protect disabled during gameplay). All the windows updates are installed.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
 Achilles
08-12-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by -J-
I hope someone can help me....

Every 30 seconds or so the game freezes for about a minute then starts again... sometimes it takes a few minutes of gameplay for the freeze to start but once they start they don't stop. They happen during cutscenes, gameplay, even during the caracter selection menu...

Here is my PC config.
Windows XP pro
Athlon XP 2400+
1Ghz of Ram
40 Gig of free hard disk space
Videocard is a GeForce 4 Ti 4600 128Mb
soundcard is a soundblaster live.

I've run the updater and installed the updates
Direct X is installed
Installed the latest NVIDIA driver direct from the NVIDIA website

I even went as far as to format my hard drive and reinstal the os, all i have running is the OS, the game and Norton AntiVirus 2004 (auto protect disabled during gameplay). All the windows updates are installed.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Does it do this with other games too or just kotor? You might want to check Tucows (or ever search Google) for a memory testing app. If you have a bad stick of RAM that could cause the problem. I had a similar issue with a couple of Windows app and my memory ended up being the culprit.

I hope that helps.
 DarthBuzzard
08-25-2004, 1:40 AM
also i had a problem with KotOR, and it was something in my VRAM i think, so check that as well.

g/l
 MTV2
09-05-2004, 7:57 PM
this happening alot, must system configs. or people installing junk. hmmmm
 kipperthefrog
09-25-2004, 7:02 PM
I had this exact problem! only my game freezes permenently!

i ALSO reformated my hard drive and reinstalled the hard drive!

my game keeps FREEZING on me!

how do you cheack your v ram? what do you do to it, darthbuzzerd
Page: 1 of 1