Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Questions

Page: 1 of 1
 MateoMalimat
08-11-2004, 3:36 PM
Sup dudes!

Just had a few questions about this new killer app coming out.

1. Are the models in this game .MD3s?
2. Will the game support the new 3D screens coming out, especially the Sharp 15"?
3. Was this game created with C++?
4. Do the clips that you reload into the gun contain tibanna gas?
5. How easy is it to create custom maps and load them (same as JKII: Outcast, Academy)?
6. Is there actually a flechette shotgun that you can use?
7. In SP, can friendlies also be counted into the squadron, or do they operate as their own (ex. Kashyyk video w/ the Wookies)?
8. Does the game support 6.1 channel audio surround sound?
9. If online gaming is supported, does that mean that squadrons can become clans?
10. Finally, will there be primary and secondary fire?

Thanks a lot! From the footage that I have seen, this game beats the crap out of Halo and Halo 2 by 10X!!
 adillon
08-11-2004, 4:04 PM
i'll try and answer what i can using what limited knowledge i have so far about this game ...
Originally posted by MateoMalimat
5. How easy is it to create custom maps and load them (same as JKII: Outcast, Academy)?
since it's using the unreal engine, i think it's safe to assume unrealed (tweaked/configged for republic commando) will be released at some point for the community to expand upon the game.
6. Is there actually a flechette shotgun that you can use?
there is a shotgun of some type shown on the latest kashyyyk walkthrough video, but i dunno the exact name/manufacturer.
7. In SP, can friendlies also be counted into the squadron, or do they operate as their own (ex. Kashyyk video w/ the Wookies)?
your squadron contains a total of 4 members (of clone troopers), including yourself, so i'm not seeing the ability to have any other character type in the squad.
9. If online gaming is supported, does that mean that squadrons can become clans?
if you're asking if you and your clanmates can become a team of commandos and battle against non-RCs, it seems very likely. your wording confuses me though ... are you asking if there's a co-op mode? your question would make more sense if you asked if 'clans can become squadrons'.
10. Finally, will there be primary and secondary fire?
one would think so ... i'm thinking that's how the player zooms when using the sniper attachment. can't say if this has been confirmed or not though. :rolleyes:
 adillon
08-11-2004, 4:06 PM
oh, and check out this link
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129580)
and the links contained therein for more answers to your questions.
 ZBomber
08-11-2004, 5:06 PM
Good job Ad. :)

1. I'm 90% sure the answer is yes, but I could be wrong.

2. Not sure what that is, but I'd think so. RC is meant to be update with all the video cards and stuff, so newer stuff should work with RC. :)

3. I'm pretty sure every program is made with c++ (atleast part of it)

4. Uh? :confused:
 adillon
08-12-2004, 4:13 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber
Good job Ad. :)
hey thanks, i try ... sometimes it just comes so easily. :cool: ;) :p
Page: 1 of 1