Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

lvl 40 doesnt work

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Seth
08-11-2004, 10:04 AM
can somebody tell me why te lvl 40 mod doesnt work??? i extracted all files to override, and started a new game. but i still cant reach levels higher than 20....
 Darth Dex
08-11-2004, 10:12 AM
It's not your fault the author never tested it it. It really doesn't work.
 Colma Adawin
08-11-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Darth Dex
It's not your fault the author never tested it it. It really doesn't work.

ACTUALLY, he did test it, it worked for him, thats Y he released it, he didnt make it to annoy Holowan, it worked for him but not us

Originally posted by Darth Seth
can somebody tell me why te lvl 40 mod doesnt work??? i extracted all files to override, and started a new game. but i still cant reach levels higher than 20....

the lvl cap cannot be broken, it was a nice try by Malak### (forgot his name :p sorry) the only thing that was supposed to happen at lvl 40 was for the player to get loads of feats. and force powers, i dont think it worked for anyone, damn shame i would've liked to see it work, but alas poor Malak###

i use KSE it works like a charm :D (KSE = KotOR Savegame Editor)

MattCole
 Darth Seth
08-11-2004, 10:18 AM
ok thank you...darth 333, sorry, i forgot....ill do next time.
 ErinKing
08-11-2004, 3:21 PM
It works for me but than again I was level 10 before I became a jedi and I ran it from the start of the game

:mob: :yoink:

The name is King Erin King and this my 7th post
:dsaber: :stick:
 Achilles
08-11-2004, 3:25 PM
Originally posted by ErinKing
It works for me but than again I was level 10 before I became a jedi and I ran it from the start of the game

:mob: :yoink:

The name is King Erin King and this my 7th post
:dsaber: :stick:

Hmmm..maybe it's a mod that you have to start a new game for. I'm sure someone would have caught that before now though.:confused:
 Darth333
08-11-2004, 4:53 PM
Originally posted by ErinKing

Well, you are the first one to have success with this mods I think, unless all the others remained silent :confused:
Good to know. Anyone else who has played with the mod since the beginning of the game and without too many cheats :p ?

Btw, Happy Birthday ErinKing :bday2:
 nacho35
08-11-2004, 4:59 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
Well, you are the first one to have success with this mods I think, unless all the others remained silent :confused:
Good to know. Anyone else who has played with the mod since the beginning of the game and without too many cheats

Well I started a new game with it. I am not sure what you mean by "not too many cheats" but I am sure I am over the limit since I made myself a Jedi on the Endar Spire.

That is bound to mess it up. However, I haven't yet gotten to the point (lvl 20) when I might know. I should know by tonight and then I will post.

The previous time I did not start a new game.
 jedi_5002
08-12-2004, 6:11 AM
What do you mean by "not too many cheats," exactly?

I started a new game, leveled up, then became a Jedi, got to level 20 and I couldn't get any more XP it said 10000(0?) to next level, but that is what it said at the last level. I don't know what is wrong with it (or just me :p). I got rid of it, and changed the XP table, so it takes twice as long to level up to level 20. I used the Arena 1.1 mod to level up a couple times, because I was not getting enough XP to level up normally :eek:. I think I am at level 16(+)? or something. And I am currently finding my 4th Star Map, with RedHawke's help :).

OT: I replaced T3-M4 because I like the others better, and they have something to do with the story, whereas he doesn't (beyond Taris (No side-quest, no banter, and no helping out at all (maybe with the Insta-Kill Blaster, but then it makes the game too easy))).

:fett:
 Darth333
08-12-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by jedi_5002
What do you mean by "not too many cheats," exactly?

I don't know at this time why it worked for ErinKing and no other people :confused: . I was more referring to major cheats or mods that make you an early Jedi but I still can't make the link why such cheats would prevent you from gaing XP :confused: .
I never played with this mod since the beginning ( it's been months that I haven't even played an entire level in the game) so this is why I was asking. Would be nice if ErinKing would tell us what she did and at what level is her pc and how many xp her pc has.
 nacho35
08-12-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Darth333
I don't know at this time why it worked for ErinKing and no other people :confused: Would be nice if ErinKing would tell us what she did and at what level is her pc and how many xp her pc has.

I agree. I hope she sees this.
 beancounter
08-12-2004, 1:07 PM
I really don't think it is possible to break the level cap. They could not break it in NWN either....
 Darth333
08-12-2004, 1:11 PM
That is what I think too. I am surprised to find someone who says that the mod works :confused:
 nacho35
08-12-2004, 2:08 PM
Originally posted by beancounter
They could not break it in NWN either....

I was not aware of that. I would have thought that NWN and Balders Gate would have been almost identical.

I may have to concede defeat on this hope.
:(
 Break Ya Neck
08-17-2004, 4:20 PM
The LVL40 mod works fine on my pc, i just went to lvl 21, but it doesnt works when you add exp or level up with cheats.

the game seems to crash when i try to level up to 22

srry for the bad english
 jedi_5002
08-20-2004, 10:53 PM
Then it doesn't work fine Break Ya Neck. Working fine would be getting to level 40, the fact that you can't get there proves my first sentence.

I think the level cap must be 21 then, not 20. In the default XPtable.2da, it lists level 21 as needing XP of 0xFFFFFF (I think that is the right number of F's). If you can get to level 21 and then it crashes at level 22, then that must be the case. They just set level 21 as being with so much XP it is unattainable.

:fett:
 mushrambo
08-23-2004, 8:13 AM
So does it work or no?But one thing i've read that we had to start a new game for that mod work .
 Achilles
08-23-2004, 8:18 AM
Originally posted by mushrambo
So does it work or no?But one thing i've read that we had to start a new game for that mod work .
Well, based on what we've seen for some people it does and for some people it doesn't. The determining factor seems to be starting a new game with the mod in place (makes sense with all the stored save-game information and all).

I hope that helps :D
 Colma Adawin
08-23-2004, 8:19 AM
Originally posted by mushrambo

yes you MUST start a new game, BUT IT DOESNT WORK so dont worry about it, it was a nice attempt but it aparently cannot be done as others have tried but failed.

hope that helps

MattCole

PS sorry if this seems harse (horrible) i apoligise if it does seem cruel.
 Achilles
08-23-2004, 8:24 AM
...pretty proud of those new font skillz....
 RedHawke
08-23-2004, 8:28 AM
^^^^
Either that or Matt just wants to really be heard. :D
 Colma Adawin
08-23-2004, 8:57 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
^^^^
Either that or Matt just wants to really be heard. :D

well i just learnt how to do it :p so i had to try it :lol:

but yes the main reason i did that was becoz its the same question over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over ... :p so i thought i would make an attempt at ' informing ' ppl.

mushrambo, do not take this post as an offencive one, you didnt know, so i am OFFICALLY informing ppl that this mod, was a good idea, but too many ppl have tried and failed, and then they release it, then find out that there mod doesnt work and disappears from the boards, it seems a was of talent in my opinion.

MattCole
Page: 1 of 1