Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Yodas un-helpfull desk

Page: 1 of 1
 lost
07-17-2001, 10:24 PM
Ive got a problem with 3D graphics (blocky graphics on explosions and land dust - also unclear writing) so i went to Lucusarts support but i cant seem to get the 'Yodas help desk' option to work. I select the game and write a description of the problem - hit 'Ask Yoda' and this prompts my 'Realdownloader' to kick in, but then nothing seems to happen. Sorry if im being a bit thick but im quite new to computers and a bit lost. My laptop is Pentium 3 866ghz, 128mb, 20gb hd, SiS 630 3D graphics.
 Lynk Former
07-18-2001, 8:11 AM
Try asking in the Downtime forum... if you didn't notice, no one pays attention to the Tech Centre anymore... oh wellz
 Redwing
07-18-2001, 6:53 PM
Hey some of us do!

"lost", it's probably your 3D driver. Mine has a similar problem. I just never cared enough to fix it http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/biggrin.gif) Unclear writing? I never got that...check the README file to see if anything's there that pertains to your situation.

Otherwise, you could just get a new driver from the LucasArts site or something.

------------------
At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.
At last we will have revenge.
 Lynk Former
07-19-2001, 11:56 AM
What is that the best you can do? Check the readme file and everything will be fine and dandy?... oh well... good advice... *shrugs*
 lost
07-19-2001, 7:22 PM
Problem solved.
I went back to the Lucasarts site and in 'Support' - 'Updates and Patches' - 'Rogue Squadron' downloaded the Update.
I can now see ground dust, the explosions look great and all writing is clear.
But I still don't know what I was doing wrong with 'Yodas help desk'. Still I hopefully wont need it again.
 Redwing
07-19-2001, 10:08 PM
Like all Lucasarts things they probably crashed it somehow....

Well sorry we weren't more help. http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/frown.gif) Usually we actually HAVE a solution.

------------------
At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.
At last we will have revenge.
 Lynk Former
07-23-2001, 11:04 AM
... we do?... wow...
 wsawtelle
09-25-2001, 1:18 AM
You have to disable real download. Right click on the icon in the sys tray, and unload.
Page: 1 of 1