Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Eight Rings Adventure

Page: 1 of 3
 Jedi Malastar
08-10-2004, 12:09 AM
Star Wars
The Eight Rings
Thousands and thousands of years ago when the very first jedi council was formed to protect the newly founded republic. There were eight jedi, possibly the eight most powerful jedi of all time, who ran this council. For years they protected the republic until four of the jedi that formed the council turned to the darkside.

A great battle wa waged between the four jedi and the four sith, the fight was a stalemate. They fought more and finally the four sith decided that they could not beat these jedi in a battle. So they decided to trap them. They devised four rings, with their great power with the force they could turn capture their spirits in these magical rings. These four rings were green, blue, gold, and purple, they matched their oppennts lightsaber colors. Ironically the jedi devised this plan at the same time. Their four rings to capture the sith in were silver, bronze, red, and orange, they were the color of the siths lightsabers as well. A final battle was waged and the great eight warriors trapped each other at the same time. There was now eight rings in place of the eight warriors. A young jedi padawan approached the rings and put all eight of them on his hands. A great lightsaber was created with all of them together on one person. The lightsaber had a black hilt and a white blade. The blade could go as long as the user wants it to. Also it gives the user force powers of an extreme magnitude. The young jedi knew this could cause great devastation to the people of this galaxy if it fell into the wrong hands, even his. So he hid these eight rings across the galaxy.

Several decades after the battle of Yavin a Twi'lek jedi saved these rings from falling into the wrong hands. He dedicated the rest of his life to concealing these rings across the galaxy again.

Malastar Dorrin brought together the two peices of his lightsaber as one with the aid of the force. His training was now complete. He ignited the blade and a instead of the traditional green or blue it was a mix of both, teal. If only his master was here to see this. Unfotunatley his master, for whom he was named after, died a few years ago. He looked at himself in the mirror in his room at the Massassi Temple on Yavin 4. His eyes were a metallic chrome, because he was knicked across the face with a lightsaber by a dark jedi when he was young. His master saw his blindness as a tool instead of a disability, so he trained him in the force. But eventually he got his cyberkinetic eyes, allowing him to see. He disengaged his lightsaber and looked at his hand with the mysterious gold ring on his middle finger, his master gave it to him.

((Alright if you want to join make your character profile on the other thread 'The Eight Rings'))
 steven
08-10-2004, 5:10 AM
Rachel had finally finished training her first padawan. She took a stroll long a river on Yavin IV when she saw somthing shiny in the river. She took off her cloths and drived in to see what the shinny thing was. She picked it up to see a ring. She place the ring on her finger. "It fits." he got out of the river. dryed herself, put back on her cloths and headed back to the temple
 Black Knight of Keno
08-10-2004, 7:16 AM
A freighter landed next to the Massassii temple and Gel walked out with his padawan. "You can go and ask for a recommendation from Master Skywalker now" "Thank you, master" they said and the padawan left as Gel staid out to fix a small problem in the engines. He was allready waiting for his good friend MAlastar, as he hadn't seen him in a year or so. He walked to a box and pixked it up as he headed for the engines. He was glad that they had even gotten to the academy from Coruscant. Something had malfuncioned on the halfway in Hyperspace.
 Curt-Man
08-10-2004, 2:38 PM
Nevek was walking to his ship on courescant, when something caught his attention. he sense a great dark side energy coming from below him, he sensed it was far below, he would need a speeder, he called over a transport speeder, he knocked the driver off and then went down under the ramps and walkways , he finaly reached the bottom, he got off and sense around for it, for he could not see very well, he found it, he walked over to a pile of junk and sifted through it, he got ahold of it.
it was a ring, a teal one, he sensed great power in it, he grinned at its power, he got back on his newly aquierd(sp) speeder and launched back up to the dock his ship was at, he drove his speeder onto his ship(by the way my ship is a modified a-wing but it is ALOT bigger, about the size of the millenium falcon).
 Black Knight of Keno
08-10-2004, 3:29 PM
((If I remember correctly, it was your idea, Curt, that everyone had one as they started. You can't just leave to a planet and think you can find one. If I got it correctly, it was the point that the rings were a mystery. A legend. No-one knew their locations, and the rings were randomly found by the jedi or sith/dark jedi. Am I correct?))
 steven
08-10-2004, 3:39 PM
(true)
Rachel looked at her new ring. She felt great power in the ring. She did a bit of reshearsh on the rings and found out the story about the other rings. She shearshed for Malastar because they both had the same master and she was told he was a great jedi.

She when she found him he said"Malastar Dorrin am i correct?"
 Jedi Malastar
08-10-2004, 8:12 PM
"The rings, uh yah, my original master usually never said anything about them, but together they hold some great power of some kind, I've heard of one on Coruscant but I don't know if its true."

He looked at the gold ring on his hand that his master gave him, "this ring right here is one of them actaully."

He headed down to the ship bay and saw Gel.

"Hey Gel, how are you, its been a long time?"

((Don't forget about the colors of the rings.))
 Curt-Man
08-10-2004, 8:15 PM
(that is true, i shall edit my post at once)
Nevek got off and walked into his cockpit and got lift off, he then shot off into space and set coordinates for a sector in space where he knew his commander's battle cruiser was.
 steven
08-11-2004, 2:39 AM
Rachel followed Malastar to the ship bay "I was wondering if u wanted to go and find the other rings" she showed him a red ring "I also have 1"
 Black Knight of Keno
08-11-2004, 4:38 AM
"Hello, Malastar. You yet passed the tests?" Gel said as he came out of his ship, wiping his hands on a rag. The sun revealed a purple ring on his left middle finger. Gel smiled as he saw a new lightsaber hanging from Malastar's belt.
 Jedi Malastar
08-17-2004, 9:13 PM
Malastar looked at his ring then to the two rings that his two freinds have.

"This is no mere coincedence, this must be the will of the force, we have three of the eight great rings, we must get the others, they must not fall into the wrong hands, my master said he left a map hidden in his ship, well my shop now, in case this would ever come up again, we must find all the rings."

With that he headed to his ship.
 Curt-Man
08-17-2004, 10:05 PM
Nevek got out of hyperspace to see his commander's ship, he was contacted by the commander himself
"welcome back Lord Nevek, did you get your business completed on Courescant?"
"i did, and i have a little extra, i will need exploring time on our next planet"
"it will be done, glad to have you back"
Nevek flew into his commander's docking bay and exited and ordered some of the engineers to clean and polish the ship, he walked up to the bridge where he met with Commander Gran.
 Jedi Malastar
08-19-2004, 8:54 PM
Malastar went to the ship vault in the engine room. He had never opened it before. Inside was a small black metal orb. He grabbed it, pressed a small button on it and suddenly a hologram of the galaxy appeared before him. A certain point on the galaxy map lit up and it zoomed in to it. It was the planet Korriban. o0(Clever master, the place I never would have looked) he thought to himself.
 steven
08-21-2004, 5:56 AM
Rachel came behind Malaster "what are u doing?"
 Jedi Malastar
08-21-2004, 2:35 PM
Malastar turned to Rachel, he looked at her ring, at his. "The rings, we must find the rest, I have a feeling that others are searching for them, but not the kind of people that should have the rings. Korriban, thats where we must go to find one of the rings."
 Curt-Man
08-21-2004, 2:45 PM
"commander Gran..."
"hello Lord Nevek, we are headed to Korriban to refuel,restock and recruit"
"good, i will not be seen until we leave, i have business to attend to there"
"yes Lord Nevek, we won't be leaving until a week after we get there, so you will have plenty of time"
"i will need equipment and some soliders as well"
"take what you need"
"i will, now i am headed to the meditation room, i do not wish to be disturbed"
"yes Lord Nevek"
Nevek then tunred and walked out fo the bridge and went to the meditation room, he got in and sat down and meditated and let the force flow through him, energizing and healing him.
 Jedi Malastar
08-22-2004, 7:50 PM
Malastar looked to Rachel and Gel. "I need your help and eventually I will need your rings," he said to them.
 steven
08-23-2004, 4:25 AM
"ok, but if u try to betray, i will kill you"she said
 Black Knight of Keno
08-23-2004, 11:07 AM
Gel looked at Rachel, a bit of dispise in his eyes. "You can use my ring anytime you want, friend" he said and looked kindly towards Malastar. He then looked his freighter. "We could use my ship, but it would take a moment, as the engines have to be tested, and I would need some refueling. Some food and water supplies would be good for our trip too" he said and watched his young padawan run towards them. "Malastar, could you get the supplies, and whoever you are, could you test the engines. Just warm them up and fly once or twice around the temple. Thanks" he said and walked to his padawan. They both went a little more aside and spoke.
 steven
08-23-2004, 2:12 PM
Rachel went and tested the enines "They work just fine" she took of her ring and place it into a hidden compartment at the bottem of one of her sabers
 Jedi Malastar
08-23-2004, 8:02 PM
Malastar walked behind a repulsorlift full of supplies. He made sure it got to the cargo bay of Gel's ship. He went to the cockpit and said to Gel,"Alright, lets head to Korriban."
 Curt-Man
08-23-2004, 10:22 PM
Nevek was awoken by the exit form hyperspace, he exited the chamber and saw men and women getting ready, he looked out a viewport and saw korriban.

they soon landed and Nevek exited the ship, he sensed alot of force energy coming form the academy, so he walked off into the canyons and deserts, hoping the ring will revel itself.
 Black Knight of Keno
08-25-2004, 12:08 PM
Tepe sat down onto the pilots chair and checked the engines. "Malastar," he started and layed his head a little to the side. "Could you co-pilot on this one. I need some coordinates. Rachel, could you go to the third chair and command the shielding and auto-lasers?" he said and hen switched a button that started the engines. He said to himself then: "I hope this baby keeps up..."
 steven
08-25-2004, 1:56 PM
"what ever" she sat in the seat. "say does this ship have a shower installed?"
 Curt-Man
08-25-2004, 2:50 PM
Nevek walked along in the valley, when he felt an immesne amount of force enrgy coming from a cave, he started for it, but just as he reached the mouth 2 tetenkreks attacked him, Nevek flipped backwards and ignited his bronze saber amd shot a bolt of lightning at one then jumped over the other and sliced its head open and stuffed a frag grenade in it, then jumped off, the tetenrek ran at him but his head exploded before he could get to him, Nevek turned to face the other one, but got a huge hand in the face, Nevek went flying into a rock, he jumped up and shoved his lightsaber down into the beasts head, and it died, Nevek jumped off the corpse and deactivated his saber, he brushed himself off then continued into the cave.
 Jedi Malastar
08-25-2004, 10:30 PM
Malastar sat in the co-pilot seat as the ship was lifting off. He punched in the Hyperspace route for Korriban and the ship blasted off from Yavin 4.
 steven
08-28-2004, 4:58 PM
ooc:i have an idea. why don't malastar (or gel) and rachel fall in love?
 Black Knight of Keno
08-28-2004, 5:12 PM
OOC: But the jedi order codes maybe encourage to love, but not in that way, which you speak. And Curt. You're going a little too fast. You have propably found the ring when we just get to the planet. Besides, you're a jedi. Jedi aren't called lords. They don't own large ships with a large crew. Jedi are modest. They usually get along with what they will have, and will use it untill it goes unfixable

IC:
Gel flipped a few switches, ignoring rachel's question. He looked at a small monitor infront of him. "Okay, we should be on Korriban in a few hours" he said and then flipped another switch. "We should maybe disguise. Three jedi will get a lot of watchful eyes turned"
 Jedi Malastar
08-28-2004, 5:45 PM
Malastar said," Don't worry I thought ahead, I have three stormtroopers suits, maybe they will think that we are part of the imperial remenent, I don't think we will have to worry about any dark jedi on this trip, this should be a cakewalk."
 Curt-Man
08-28-2004, 7:50 PM
(i am not a jedi, i am a sith, and i do nto own a large ship or crew, i am like darth vader to commander Tarkin, and i will make it so i slow down)
Nevek walked down the cave when he heard his commlink.
"sir, i am sorry to disturbe you, but we need you back here right away"
"arg, fine i'm on my way." Nevek walked back out of the cave and went back to the docking bay
 steven
08-29-2004, 5:43 AM
she looked at her ring "i can't help to feel that i've seen this ring somewhere before and what'll happen when the rings are joint together"
 Jedi Malastar
08-29-2004, 5:05 PM
Malastar nodded to Rachel as their ship reached the planet Korriban. They landed on top of a cliff away. Malastar went in the back and put on a stormtrooper outfit. "According to my masters clues the ring should be in the cave over there," The young jedi said while pointing at a cave to the east.
 steven
08-29-2004, 11:30 PM
"hmm, i'll check it out." she got out of the ship and walked closer to the cave. "hmm, skelitons. we might have a problem"she said to herself. She waked into the cave "ahhhh!"she cried
 Curt-Man
08-30-2004, 10:22 AM
(umm, steven those bodies wouldn't skeletons yet, they'd still be corpses)
"what did you want, i was almost where i needed to be" Nevek yelled very angirly.
"i am s-sorry lord Nevek but we found this man aboard our ship"
"and...?" Nevek then put his lightsaber to the man's head and ignited it, thne deactivated it and went back to the officer and killed him too.
"next time when you have a stowaway,KILL HIM!" Nevek turned and went back to the desert and saw some people near the cave where he was, Nevek sensed jedi energy flowing off of them, so he decided to sneak after them and kill thm when they don't expect it.
 steven
09-03-2004, 10:16 AM
"this place is filled with corpses. wait a sec." he senced the dark lords energy and used the force to talk to the others "guys, we have a problem, a very big problem" she ignited her and looked around. A dead body was wearing the ring. She pulled it force using the force and but the ring on her. Some how it gave her strength. enough to match the dark lords power
 Curt-Man
09-05-2004, 3:58 PM
Nevek held the force close to him, only a jedi master would sense him, he was also invisible to anyone, except VERY well trained jedi masters, he snuk into the cave and saw a jedi putting on the ring.
'damn, i almost had that ring and the stupid soldier had to distract me' Nevek thought to himself. Nevek used the force to make some rocks fall form a passageway across the chamber form him, to try and distract the jedi.
 steven
09-05-2004, 11:18 PM
"It's not like a sith to hide. Or are u affrid i'll kill you?"
 Curt-Man
09-06-2004, 10:24 AM
(dude! did you just read what i wrote? you still do not know i am here, jeez)
 steven
09-06-2004, 11:08 PM
(she can sence your dark energy)
 Redwing
09-07-2004, 8:28 AM
Originally posted by Curt-Man
(dude! did you just read what i wrote? you still do not know i am here, jeez)

((She has the ring now, am I right? >_>))
 steven
09-07-2004, 8:39 AM
(yes)
"just because you've held back your force power dosn't mean i don't know your there. It's a smart trick. Come out and fight like a man"
 Curt-Man
09-07-2004, 10:50 AM
Nevek grinned and concentrated on making it sound as if his voice was coming from all directions.
"you are a clever one you, are, but you soon will face my furry"
Nevek make rocks crumble from all directions then lept at him and put a kick to his chest then ignited his saber.
"you are a fool to provoke me to fight you."
 steven
09-07-2004, 11:58 AM
(just for the record rachel is a women)
"darn" she got up. took the ring off her and the other out of her saber and threw it into the ship. she used the force to guide it to the others and talked to them using the force "quick go. don't worry about me. The next stop in Ord Mentell. the ring is hidden in a ruin of a dark jedi temple. good luck my friends"

She ignited her sabers "this time i'm ready"

(lets say u defete but because she hold alot of power he turns her to the dark side"
 Jedi Malastar
09-07-2004, 3:12 PM
((Ok I'm sorry but you are not very good at this, ok so now we have 4 rings and are on our way to ord mandrell without you, I wonder how you know this anyhow but anyway on with the story))

1 day later

Their ship landed at a docking bay at some form of train station. "Lets ask around here for about these ruins," He said as he stepped out of the ship.
 Curt-Man
09-07-2004, 4:17 PM
"it is time for you to die, young one" nevek lunged at her and did several slices and slashes which she blocked, then he force pushed her away and force threw a boulder at her.
 steven
09-07-2004, 11:17 PM
She used the force to shatter the bolder. is that the best he can do"

"don't fail my friends. if u do, the galaxy will fall because there is more to those rings than u think"
 Jedi Malastar
09-08-2004, 3:11 PM
((Theres only eight rings))

Malastar asked one of the locals, some alien species he never knew. It said that some ancient ruins lie to the north. Malastar decided to head north on the train, he paid the deposit at the front and stepped in. It was a dirty train, it was old, and only a few species were aboard. They must be workers of some sort. He took a seat, and several people stared at the young jedi.
 Curt-Man
09-08-2004, 6:53 PM
Nevek deactivated his saber and stepped back a little and started circling her.
"good, strong through the force, this is but a test, to see how truley strong you ARE!" Nevek threw about 5 smaller boulders at rachel as he said are.
 steven
09-10-2004, 2:20 AM
The bolders smashed into peaces and then the peaces wen straight at Nevek
"You don't want to make me angry"
 Curt-Man
09-10-2004, 4:03 PM
Nevek mearly looked that the pieces and the fell to the ground, the Nevek let out a huge laugh.
"i'm the sith lord here, you are mearly a jedi, i bet your not even a jedi knight yet, hah, if you were the sith, you'd be serving under a sith lord by now, most likely me, and to us, it is a great honour, alsmot as honourable as becoming a jedi master, so come with me, and we can collect the rings and gain great power, give into your hate, young sith" Nevek said with a sly grin.
Page: 1 of 3