Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Graphics Problems

Page: 1 of 1
 Expert Rookie
05-31-2001, 2:04 AM
I just recently upgraded my graphics drivers on my Intel 810 Chipset Graphics Card. Ever since then all my other games except Rogue Squadron have worked like a charm. In Rogue Squadron, stormtroopers and little people like that now have boxes around them. Also the Naboo Starfighter has a messed up paint scheme with black boxes all around it.

My Computer Stats Are...

Celeron 566
Intel 810 Chipset Graphics Card
40x CD-ROM'
DirectX 8.0

Rogue Squadron Resolution- 1024x768

------------------
"Your fleet is lost. Your friends will not survive... Now witness the firepower of this FULLY ARMED AND OPERATIONAL BATTLESTATION. Fire at will, Commander."
-Good Ole' Emperor Palpatine
 Rogue9
05-31-2001, 4:07 AM
Format and Reinstall...

try downgrading Directx also try Reinstalling Rogue Squadron (after backing up you pilots of course) both of these tend to fix alot of bugs.

------------------
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.
 Redwing
05-31-2001, 5:02 AM
Try reading earlier topics in this part of the forum. I've heard of your problem before but don't remember the fix.

------------------
At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.
At last we will have revenge.
 Expert Rookie
05-31-2001, 11:49 PM
Thanks you guys... I'll try both of your suggestions.

------------------
"Your fleet is lost. Your friends will not survive... Now witness the firepower of this FULLY ARMED AND OPERATIONAL BATTLESTATION. Fire at will, Commander."
-Good Ole' Emperor Palpatine
 Expert Rookie
06-02-2001, 12:43 AM
I tried downgrading DirectX and Reinstalling Rogue Squadron (5 or 6 times), they both don't work.

I looked through 5 pages in both the Pilot's Lounge forum and the Tech Center, couldn't find anything like my texture problem.
 Redwing
06-02-2001, 3:25 AM
Are you sure? I seem to remember one called "Naboo fighter makes my graphics corrupt"

------------------
At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.
At last we will have revenge.
 brewc
02-05-2002, 8:21 PM
Expert Rookie did you or anyone out there find a solution to this problem? I have the exact same problem (blackboxes on the naboo fighter, and boxes around the people) and have DirectX 8.
 Wraith 8
02-06-2002, 2:38 PM
well i had that problem with The phantom menace. and the problem there was that the game couldnt see my graphics card correctly. so i tried and initialize it... but i think i reinstalled it 4 times. or restarted my comp untill it worked.
can you change the settings on RS of graphics cards and that sort of stuff.... maybe that will help.

it is only an idea tho. hope it helps.

-Wraith 8-

"You know, if I had even the tiniest control over the Force,
What I,d do with it? I,d scratch that little spot in the center
of my back I can never reach."
-Garik Loran-
X-wing book nr. 5. Wraith Squadron
 Kyle d'Tana
02-27-2002, 9:38 AM
Other Solution, but I dont know if it works: Take out your graphic card, and put in another and update the drivers from the other. then take it out, and reinstall your old graphic card, which you put out first. Update the drivers and try it again.... It could be that also be that you have to make the BIOS update pf your graphic card or of your computer....

cheers
Page: 1 of 1