Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

PC Customization pack I RELEASED :)

Page: 1 of 1
 Immortality
08-09-2004, 9:13 AM
The PC Customization Pack I has been released!!

This mod will allow you to play with a red-haired female PC of your choice. It doesnt overwrite the existing PCs and it's COMPLETELY COMPATIBLE with all the other mods around!

This is the 1st part of a series of 4 Customization Packs: Red-haired females, red-haired males, blonde females and blonde males.

In itself it can be something pretty simple, but its one of a kind, as said before it's the 1st mod that guarantees compatibility, thanks to the KISS (Kotor Installer Script System) Installer allows to make changes to existing files like 2da using scripts. That way instead of putting all your own files overwriting existing ones, you make adjustments or additions to existing files instead, which allows mods to be installed next to eachother.
We encourage kotor modder's to make compatible mods! :thumb:

Please check this mod out, the rest of the Packs will be out soon as well. Thanks everybody at Holowan Labs, and a special thanks to Nequam for letting me edit his great female PC.

Our new Kotor modding community, where this mod is hosted is here: Kotor.forgottenwars.net (http://kotor.forgottenwars.net).
Visit us in the forums here (http://forums.forgottenwars.net/?c=23).
And Join Us! (http://kotor.forgottenwars.net/?page=hosting)
 Darth Dex
08-09-2004, 10:16 AM
Cool mod.
 Darth333
08-09-2004, 10:19 AM
Good work Immortality, that is a nice collection of PCs :thumbsup: The KISS system seems to be very interesting, and modders here would be interested to know more about this system ;)
 Immortality
08-09-2004, 12:15 PM
Thanks a lot, :)

Darth: yes, the tool seems promising... Theo did it right now without it, just his knowledge and programming skills, but has left the basis to build the tool, and even, the Customization Pack II will be made as only 1 biff! the Override folder would be as tidy as ever :)
 Jackel
08-09-2004, 10:03 PM
Im guessing the KISS system works onlong the same sorts of lines as the weidu system.

Now it just needs to be made so a complete coding idiot like me can use it :D
 T7nowhere
08-09-2004, 10:23 PM
KISS (Kotor Installer Script System) Installer allows to make changes to existing files like 2da using scripts. That way instead of putting all your own files overwriting existing ones, you make adjustments or additions to existing files instead, which allows mods to be installed next to eachother

This is really cool! I didn't know this could be done. Now you just have to make it so even the programmiing innept can use it ;) Very nice. If you guys can do that then there wouldn't be a need for my Holowan Plug-in. :)
 nacho35
08-09-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
Now you just have to make it so even the programmiing innept can use it

I agree. Why you ask? Because I am one of those that happens to be programming inept.

Really cool. I hope this is the answer to the ever changing 2DA combination.
 stingerhs
08-10-2004, 1:20 AM
if its in vbasic, then i'm cool. if it's in c or java or another varient of c, then i'm way out of touch. if its all gui, then it'll be cool with everyone.
 Immortality
08-10-2004, 4:37 AM
Heh, no, dont worry about difficulty, the good tool is the easy to use tool, and this will be a good tool :)

In theo's own words:

"The script language and structure will be easy enough, because it should be intuitive and easy to modify things. Since it's script driven, I didn't see the need for a gui so it's a commandline program, which only executes scripts during installation of a mod."
 Achilles
08-10-2004, 4:47 AM
Originally posted by stingerhs
if its in vbasic, then i'm cool. if it's in c or java or another varient of c, then i'm way out of touch. if its all gui, then it'll be cool with everyone.

I took COBOL and C++ in junior college about a decade ago and learned absolutely nothing in both =)

I am amazed to see what other people are capable of. Can't wait to see what you've come up with Immortality.
 Immortality
08-10-2004, 7:12 AM
Not me, not at all, im only the PR, LOL. The true tool god is Theo :)
Page: 1 of 1