Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Attack of the clones

Page: 1 of 1
 yaebginn
08-07-2004, 11:23 PM
 DieStarWarsGeek
08-08-2004, 3:44 AM
that's stupid.. a clone isn't your pet brought back to life, it just looks the same.. who would want that? weirdos, there are enough strays and homeles kitties and cats being put to sleep to not want to get a clone of your pet.(not to mention pay tens of thousands of dollars for it).

By the way I'm not against cloning. But cloning your pet is stupid. it's like your mom dying and you clone her so she'll be around again. But it's not her. stupid people.
 El Sitherino
08-08-2004, 4:46 AM
I have to agree. The number of animals being put down is atrocious. Adopt a f*cking cat damnit!
 yaebginn
08-08-2004, 8:35 AM
I am way against cloning. but they are not making a big deal that its a pet, but that its a household pet. they are experimenting cloning different animals. I would never clone a pet or something. cause there are a bunch of other ways that are cheaper. and if it doesnt look like my pet, just use good friend spray paint. its all good. but I was just looking at articles on w ebsite. saw clones, read it. thought of AotC.
 Jaden Malip
08-09-2004, 5:18 PM
I've got nothing against cloning, unless you're only doing it to bring people back. Its just not the same thing.

I'm all for cloning stuff for medicine though.
 yaebginn
08-09-2004, 6:16 PM
in theory, its ok. but it devalues human life. if we can look down on people because of the color of their skin. then theres no hope for clones, we will look down on them because they arent what we'd call human. they will be able to feel pain, too and emotion. I am against it.
 ET Warrior
08-10-2004, 2:20 AM
Originally posted by yaebginn
in theory, its ok. but it devalues human life.

I dont think he's necessarily talking about making entire human clones. That serves no purpose, the world is already overpopulated as it is. I think he's talking about cloning organs, which would revolutionize medicine and transplants.

I think cloning your pet is probably the biggest waste of money.....ever...

Ugh, it makes me sick to think of the things that 50,000 dollars could do for humanity, but some morons think they need their stupid freaking CAT to be cloned.

I hate people.
 El Sitherino
08-10-2004, 2:44 AM
for the amount of money it takes to clone a cat, they could buy 500 cats and buy food that will last them over a year.
 yaebginn
08-10-2004, 9:10 AM
Originally posted by ET Warrior

I hate people.

LOL. organs are ok, I guess but you have to be really careful with cloning.
Page: 1 of 1