Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Official Halo 2 Thread

Page: 3 of 5
 Darth Groovy
08-20-2004, 8:22 AM
Originally posted by Doomgiver
Hubba hubba...

Where do i get it?

Bungie.net
 Chewbacco
08-20-2004, 5:24 PM
It acts as a very nice wallpaper.
It looks very good.

Chew Mein
 TiE23
08-20-2004, 5:45 PM
Look at all of the bullet holes he has.... Those marines sure have bad aim or they are near-sited. :D

TiE
 Darth Groovy
08-20-2004, 7:06 PM
Originally posted by TiE 23
Look at all of the bullet holes he has.... Those marines sure have bad aim or they are near-sited. :D

TiE

I'm pretty sure the Covenant probably did that, not the marines.
 jokemaster
08-20-2004, 7:13 PM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
I'm pretty sure the Covenant probably did that, not the marines.
Why did the covenant use projectile weapons instead of plasma ones? I'd say it's supposed to be from Multiplayer.
 leXX
08-20-2004, 9:08 PM
Guys, it's just concept art. It's not an ingame shot. It was done by a female member of the team who left Bungie, and she did that wallpaper as a leaving present.

Please Note : In case you didn't read it above - this is a purely fictional creation, done for fun for our fans. This has NOTHING to do with Halo or Halo 2. This is not a picture from Halo the movie, it's not a screenshot from Halo 2, there is no desert camo in the game... this is purely a work of art inspired by Halo and the feedback of our fans. But you gotta admit.. this is totally badass! (it's in the Halo 2 wallpaper gallery because it does use the underlying 3d model of MC from Halo 2, that's all)

Read about it here (http://www.bungie.net/News/Story.aspx?link=0F506005-F9DC-4B74-8843-3A7A82168861).
 jokemaster
08-20-2004, 10:23 PM
Yeah, but it's bullet holes instead of plasma burns cause an armor full of holes and the guy in it still standing looks cool. Shame the woman left Bungie, apparently whe was good.
 Darth Groovy
08-21-2004, 2:55 AM
Originally posted by leXX
Guys, it's just concept art. It's not an ingame shot. It was done by a female member of the team who left Bungie, and she did that wallpaper as a leaving present.

Read about it here (http://www.bungie.net/News/Story.aspx?link=0F506005-F9DC-4B74-8843-3A7A82168861).

I'm a guy! That means I have no patience, I don't read instruction manuals, I never ask for directions and I don't read anything ever! I press buttons....that's it! :p

JK, thanks for the info.;)
 Curt-Man
08-21-2004, 3:08 PM
man... master chief has to be the coolest, most bad-ass mofo game character there is out there.
 Chewbacco
08-21-2004, 4:41 PM
Originally posted by Curt-Man
man... master chief has to be the coolest, most bad-ass mofo game character there is out there. If you read the Halo books you will find out more about Master Chief than the game showed it is very interesting. It will say his real name instead of everyone calling him Chief or Master Chief.
Suggested that you read it. It is called Halo, The Flood.
 Doomie
08-21-2004, 5:35 PM
Yes, i heard his name was John-117 or something. At least, that was his codename. I also read that without his suit, he should be able to run as fast as a warthog, uphill...

By the way, if you look up John 1-17 in the bible, i heard there's a character description of the chief... But i got this from a site where they're investigating everything Halo. And i mean Everything. They seek something behind it all, and they succeed pretty well...
 PR-0927
08-21-2004, 5:41 PM
Originally posted by leXX

Word, I read that.

Gah!! Your words torture my mind, you, you, you...mindless people of LF. His name is: John. His codename is SPARTAN-117. They call him Master Chief SPARTAN-117. And, read all three of the books. Not just the one during the game. I'm on the third one right now.

There were many Spatans, most were KIA, some are MIA.

:fett:
 Chewbacco
08-21-2004, 7:14 PM
Yes, but it was the one who first said his name.

It is like the world becoming a communist world he was taken from his parents when he was very young and was replaced by an identical clone while he was being chemically enhanced with strength, agility, and better vision. Which made the Spartans were the only human enemies that the covanant seemed afraid of. And he is the last one, the last hope of the human race on the Covanant's Holy war with the humans of Earth.
 BongoBob
08-22-2004, 2:16 AM
Grooves, where did you get the halo desktop icons and winamp skin. I'm having no luck finding them :confused:
 TiE23
08-22-2004, 2:26 AM
 Darth Groovy
08-22-2004, 2:54 AM
http://www.winamp.com/skins/details.php?id=105696)
http://www.winamp.com/skins/details.php?id=5296)
http://www.winamp.com/skins/details.php?id=83499)

TiE

Whoa, I like that first one even better! :eek:

Ok, I bought all three Halo books, but which is the proper order to read them in, or does it even matter? :confused:
 leXX
08-22-2004, 3:22 PM
Originally posted by Chewbacco
Yes, but it was the one who first said his name.

It is like the world becoming a communist world he was taken from his parents when he was very young and was replaced by an identical clone while he was being chemically enhanced with strength, agility, and better vision. Which made the Spartans were the only human enemies that the covanant seemed afraid of. And he is the last one, the last hope of the human race on the Covanant's Holy war with the humans of Earth.

Not true. He isn't the last Spartan left. Read First Strike, which covers the story between Halo 1 & 2 and you will see.

I personally can't wait to see what happens to my favourite Spartan (apart from John of course) Kelly SPARTAN-087. At the end of the book, she was taken on a secret mission. I believe the secret mission has a very important role in the story of Halo 2.

Ok, I bought all three Halo books, but which is the proper order to read them in, or does it even matter?

You should definately read them in order...

The Fall of Reach
The Flood
First Strike

:)
 leXX
08-22-2004, 3:33 PM
Originally posted by BongoBob
Grooves, where did you get the halo desktop icons and winamp skin. I'm having no luck finding them :confused:

Here are some Halo icons I have lying around. They aren't the same as Grooves ones though.
 jokemaster
08-22-2004, 3:44 PM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
Whoa, I like that first one even better! :eek:

Ok, I bought all three Halo books, but which is the proper order to read them in, or does it even matter? :confused: Well, it's easy, first you read the first one, then the second one, then the third one.:p

Anyway, I don't think halo has a strong story without the books, it's a good story, don't get me wrong, but the books are really what flesh it out, I mean the marines, the covenant, Capt. Keyes, are all awesome characters in the book, but in the game they're just set pieces.
 Darth Groovy
08-22-2004, 4:02 PM

Thanks leXX! ;)

BongoBob, pm me, and I'll send you a whole folder worth of Halo stuff I found on the net. ;)
 PR-0927
08-22-2004, 6:54 PM
Originally posted by jokemaster
Anyway, I don't think halo has a strong story without the books, it's a good story, don't get me wrong, but the books are really what flesh it out, I mean the marines, the covenant, Capt. Keyes, are all awesome characters in the book, but in the game they're just set pieces.

I should shoot you for saying that. The Halo books are tied for my favorite series.

TiE23
08-22-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Majin Revan
I should shoot you for saying that. The Halo books are tied for my favorite series.

:fett: Whats your other favorite series?

TiE
 jokemaster
08-22-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Majin Revan

Why shoot me? I said the books were cool.
 TiE23
08-22-2004, 11:13 PM
Why shoot me? I said the books were cool. Yah, they are cool, and its fun shooting you. :D

TiE
 jokemaster
08-22-2004, 11:19 PM
Yah, they are cool, and its fun shooting you. :D

TiE
.....WELL IT'S NOT FUN GETTING SHOT YOU BASTARD! Jeez, I thought being able to survive getting shot would be cool but you guys have really taken it like I was a freakin' machine.
 TiE23
08-22-2004, 11:44 PM
.....WELL IT'S NOT FUN GETTING SHOT YOU BASTARD! Jeez, I thought being able to survive getting shot would be cool but you guys have really taken it like I was a freakin' machine. What, are you saying you have been shot? :confused:

TiE
 jokemaster
08-23-2004, 12:04 AM
What, are you saying you have been shot? :confused:

TiE
Yeah, through the eye, that's why I have a glass eye.

True story actually.
 Darth Groovy
08-23-2004, 5:11 AM

Gah, i'm ashamed to have to do this, but there is no way to get ahold of you without spamming.

1. Your pm inbox is full. Clean out both in. and out folders to recieve messages

2. Your email is dissabled in your profile page.

3. I have added you to my buddy list on AIM, but until you log in, I cannot transfer the files.

4. The file is too big for email, but I don't have that either.

:(
 PR-0927
08-23-2004, 2:56 PM

True story actually.

If you're telling the truth...oops...

Oh, and sorry, I was trying to respond to anyone who said that the books suck. I guess I misread your post, sorry.

My favorite series...I shouldn't say it, as ET Warrior, and a whole bunch of other people will start a flame war for saying it...

Doomie
08-23-2004, 3:54 PM

True story actually.

WTF... Someone shot you trough the eye? :eek:
 jokemaster
08-23-2004, 7:24 PM
WTF... Someone shot you trough the eye? :eek:
Nah, I've had a glass eye ever since I was a kid and it got shot while we were playing paintball. I looked like hell.
 Kain
08-24-2004, 2:46 AM
Glass eyes are half as cool as colored contacts.

Thats sucks though...you loosing an eye and all...

Expand your Imagi-Nation
 Acrylic
08-24-2004, 1:07 PM
I forgot to post this a couple days ago, but I reserved Halo 2 : Limited Edition at Gamestop. I'll have to wait a week though, because of the limited quantities. But, I'll still come into the store.
 Kain
08-24-2004, 1:24 PM
Whats the difference between Limited Edition and regular?

Expand your Imagi-Nation
 jokemaster
08-24-2004, 1:51 PM
Originally posted by Kain
Whats the difference between Limited Edition and regular?

Expand your Imagi-Nation
It's for suckers who want to pay 20 extra bucks for the game.....

what?
 Acrylic
08-24-2004, 2:36 PM
It's for suckers who want to pay 20 extra bucks for the game.....

what?

Do your research. Its only $5 more. It comes in a tin case and it comes with an extra DVD of making of, extra features, and everything.
 Anthony
08-24-2004, 2:40 PM
I just pre-ordered Halo 2
 jokemaster
08-24-2004, 2:42 PM
Originally posted by Acrylic
Do your research. Its only $5 more. It comes in a tin case and it comes with an extra DVD of making of, extra features, and everything.
I'm joooooooooking!
Anyway, I think i'll buy the normal edition if it just comes in a tin case and a making of.
 Acrylic
08-24-2004, 2:55 PM
I'm joooooooooking!
Anyway, I think i'll buy the normal edition if it just comes in a tin case and a making of.

Well, I'll get you the page from gamestop.com:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=210577)

Also, this is from the site (for the lazy people):

* Halo 2 Limited Collector's Edition Features:
- Collectible Tin Box
- Behind the Scenes Video: the Making of Halo 2
- Making the Game: Six Video Featurette
- Visualizing the Story (Concept Art, Early Level Design, From Script to Game, Narrated Storyboards, Character Tests)
- Bonus Materials (Trailers from Halo 1 and 2, Cut Scenes, Commentaries, Inside Bungie, A Bungie History, Before Halo, The Making of Halo 1, Gameographies)

Worth the extra $5 for me. I'm especially interested in the "Before Halo", "Early Level Design", and the making of the game. And the tin case is kick ass! :p
 Doomie
08-24-2004, 3:26 PM
Before Halo and the Cut Scenes sound interesting...

Back in 1998, Halo was the first RTS with Ragdoll physics. And at some point in the game, you could ride native dinosaur like creatures around Halo. Halo also used to be very damaged, with pieces missing from it and stuff... It's amazing how much it's changed since the beginning...
 ckcsaber
08-24-2004, 3:31 PM
Before Halo and the Cut Scenes sound interesting...

Back in 1998, Halo was the first RTS with Ragdoll physics. And at some point in the game, you could ride native dinosaur like creatures around Halo. Halo also used to be very damaged, with pieces missing from it and stuff... It's amazing how much it's changed since the beginning...

Yeah, it's changed.

link (http://www.bungie.org/evolutionlargemirrors/)
 jokemaster
08-24-2004, 3:49 PM
Hmm, sounds interesting, but cutscenes? What's that like the cutscenes from the first game or somethin?
 Doomie
08-24-2004, 3:55 PM
Nonono, not the Cutscenes, but the scenes that were cut. I think.
 TiE23
08-24-2004, 3:56 PM
heh, I'm so glad I got the Limited Edition :D

TiE
 jokemaster
08-24-2004, 4:15 PM
I might get it after all...
 ET Warrior
08-24-2004, 5:00 PM

That's because it's a VIDEO GAME. As far as video games go Halo has a pretty motivating story, sure there aren't any SUPAR OMG WTF twists, but overall it takes you on a pretty good ride. Of course the books will be better, and decently written book can tear circles around a well done MOVIE as far as story goes, and absolutely DECIMATES a video games story. :dozey:

I have Halo 2 Limited Edition reserved, I should be getting it at the midnight opening on November 9th :cool:

The thing that sucks is that I reserved it at a store that is an hour drive away from where i'm living, and I have 8 am class on the 9th :(
 PR-0927
08-24-2004, 5:32 PM
Yeah, I just reserved a copy of the Halo 2 : Limited Collectors Edition over at Best Buy, then I reserved a copy of Star Wars: Battlefront for PC at GameStop.

TiE23
08-24-2004, 7:34 PM
Im gonna make my mom get it for me when Im at skool, or just go after class to Gamestop.

TiE
 Acrylic
08-24-2004, 7:45 PM
I wouldnt have originally pre-ordered the game, but since this is a LIMITED EDITION, I figured I would preorder it.

And I'm glad I did.
 Kain
08-25-2004, 1:03 AM
I DON'T KNOW WHATS HAPPENING!! But my Halo 1337 skills are leaving me! Maybe its anticipation?

Expand your Imagi-Nation
Page: 3 of 5