Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

win2000 (again)

Page: 1 of 1
 PH123
12-12-2000, 5:38 PM
Im still can't run RS in win2000. I've tried making a profile folder with a pilot from a win95/98 system but It doesn't work.
I wrote to Lucasarts with my problem and they've answered:
<I have received reports from customers who <were able to run this game on a
<Windows 2000 system. To get the game to <run, <ddhelp.exe was added to the
<Windows\System32 folder of Windows 2000. <The file is available in the
<Direct X folder of the game CD. Insert the <first game disc. Explore the CD
<for the Direct X folder. Copy the <ddhelp.exe <from this folder to the
<Windows\system32 folder of Windows 2000.

But it doesn't work either, but maybe for others.
By the way I downloaded direct X 8.0 for win2000, bu hell no, I just don't my damn computer will run the game.
:-(
 PH123
12-12-2000, 5:40 PM
sorry, dont know what went wrong heres the real message:

I still can't run RS in win2000. I've tried making a profile folder with a pilot from a win95/98 system but It doesn't work.
I wrote to Lucasarts with my problem and they've answered:

I have received reports from customers who were able to run this game on a
Windows 2000 system. To get the game to run, ddhelp.exe was added to the
Windows\System32 folder of Windows 2000. The file is available in the
Direct X folder of the game CD. Insert the first game disc. Explore the CD
for the Direct X folder. Copy the ddhelp.exe from this folder to the
Windows\system32 folder of Windows 2000.

But it doesn't work either, but maybe for others.
By the way I downloaded direct X 8.0 for win2000, bu hell no, I just don't my damn computer will run the game.
:-(
 Gold Squadron Leader
12-13-2000, 1:59 PM
Sorry I can't be of more help. All I can do it repost what was said before on this issue:

"It works in win2k if you just run "rogue squadron.exe" but you can't create pilots, you have to this on a 9x machine (or get a mate to do it for you) check out www.ntcompatible.com) (http://www.ntcompatible.com) for more info"

So you have to realize that RS is an older game that wasn't made to run with WIN2K or NT, therefore don't be surprised if it can't. The game is not at fault and nothing can be do to it, you are running it on a platform for which it was not designed. I suggest you try asking for help at the above link or others for WIN2K. Good luck.

------------------
Ties are flies, swat'em!

[This message has been edited by Gold Squadron Leader (edited December 14, 2000).]
Page: 1 of 1