Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Problems with DX7?

Page: 1 of 1
 Boheme
08-28-2000, 6:11 PM
Just got Rogue Squadron and applied the 1.2 patch but the ******* still locks up on me. Is anyone aware of any issues with Rogue Squadron and Directx7.0a? My specs are:
AMD K63-450
128MB PC100
3Dfx Voodoo Banshee (latest ref drivers)
SB PCI128 Sound
Directx 7

Thnx

Boheme
 The Master
09-02-2000, 4:17 PM
I am not well versed in that stuff becuase I got the game N64. But I am sure that one of my faithful friends can help.
 Rogue Pilot
09-06-2000, 3:46 PM
Sorry, I can't help you. I have RS patched to 1.2 and Direct X 7.0a and it works great on my machine. Try re-installing both, only thing I can think of.

------------------
Ties are flies. Let's swat'em!
 khilen
09-09-2000, 1:49 AM
I have the same problem, but I am running Windows 2000. Lucas Arts technical support suggested a workaround, which did not work for me:

"I have received reports from customers who were able to run this game on a
Windows 2000 system. To get the game to run, ddhelp.exe was added to the
Windows\System32 folder of Windows 2000. The file is available in the
Direct X folder of the game CD. Insert the first game disc. Explore the CD
for the Direct X folder. Copy the ddhelp.exe from this folder to the
Windows\system32 folder of Windows 2000.

"Unfortunately, LucasArts cannot guarantee compatibility with the Windows
2000 operating system and we cannot officially recommend this work-around
due to the nature of the change involved. Please note that we do not
recommend making any changes to your system without first contacting your
computer manufacturer about the configuration of your computer.
Please include all previous emails with your reply

"LEC JAY"

I am hoping Lucas Arts will grapple with this problem - a lot of people are running Windows 2000 at home because it is more reliable than Windows 98 and has better hardware support. For example, the PCMCIA game controller I was using did not work properly under 98 - I had to use keyboard controls to play the game. Now the joystick works under 2000, but the game doesn't. Life's a *****, ain't it?

So how about it, Lt Cracken, you have any sway with the developers at Lucas Arts? There has to be a way around these problems.
 The Master
09-09-2000, 4:17 PM
Well, I don't know if he is here anymore but I am. I have been running this board latly, becuase no one is here except for a couple people and the occational visitor such as your self. The mods and admins are in some other message board. I may not have the title or the options of banning but I am here and my post number proves it!

And about your problem, I am not sure about it and Ii don't have any communications with the developers of the game so I am as stuck as you. PLus I have the game for N64.

Have I said enough?
 khilen
09-09-2000, 6:48 PM
Gotcha - thanks.
 The Master
09-10-2000, 5:53 PM
Okay, I said that all in one breath.
Page: 1 of 1