Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Rogue Squadron 2 Rogue Leader For GameCube

Page: 1 of 2
 Master Yoda
08-01-2001, 6:21 PM
Is anyone here going to get Rogue Squadron 2??
I know I am!! It looks like it has the best graphics of any game ive seen recently!!
 Kvan
08-01-2001, 6:26 PM
Originally posted by Master Yoda
Is anyone here going to get Rogue Squadron 2??
I know I am!! It looks like it has the best graphics of any game ive seen recently!!
That game looks real sweet!
I'll be getting it for sure!
 Compa_Mighty
08-01-2001, 6:35 PM
THe only problem, is that I have to buy the Game cube.

More money
 Master Yoda
08-01-2001, 6:38 PM
So whats the problem with that?? There are going to be tons of awesome games out for (SSBM,Rogue Leader,Mario Cart,Lugis Mansion,Legend of Zelda...)!! It costs less then the ps2 and the xbox(which both are going to DIE!!!).
 Kvan
08-01-2001, 7:30 PM
So whats the problem with that?? There are going to be tons of awesome games out for (SSBM,Rogue Leader,Mario Cart,Lugis Mansion,Legend of Zelda...)!! It costs less then the ps2 and the xbox(which both are going to DIE!!!).
Hey! I happen to like the ps2! Ever play Twisted Metal Black? F U N!
Money really isn't an issue. I'm more concerned with, are they going to have good games. I'm not too into "cartoony" games that Nintendo puts out so, I might get it, I might not.
I WILL NOT buy the x-box, I don't want microsoft ruling everything:)
Does anyone know what era of play Rogue Squadron 2 is in? New Order? I haven't read much about it.
 Boba Rhett
08-01-2001, 8:26 PM
MMMMMmmm.... Zelda Cubed...... *Drools*

Ps2 is going to die though. :p
 Kvan
08-01-2001, 8:29 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
MMMMMmmm.... Zelda Cubed...... *Drools*

Ps2 is going to die though. :p
Really? Ok :D So which console do you think is gonna be the tops? :rolleyes: :)
 Boba Rhett
08-01-2001, 8:45 PM
Hmmm... I really don't know yet. My common sense is telling me it will be Gamecube but I don't really know. The reason I'm leaning towards it is because...

1. It will be released at the same time xbox is.

2. It will be alot less than the xbox is.

3. Right from the beginning gamecube will have totally *****in games released for it.

4. GC will continue having kicking games released for it.

5. Developers are having a very hard time using the PS2 SDK.
That's why there aren't many good PS2 games to date.

6. Supposedly, GC SDK if fairly easy to create games for.

7. Because GC also makes games for younger audiences, It will be selling a lot at Christmas time.

8. Once people start realizing that the Xbox is just a severely mentally disabled pc running an a gimped version of ME and that It just like sending their salary to Good Ol' Billy they'll hopefully want to steer clear of it.

9. Xbox hypes games like Obi Wan. *giggles*

10. ZELDA, ZELDA, ZELDA!!! WOOHOO!!! :D

11. It has been said that Episode 2 games will be made for GC.
 Kvan
08-01-2001, 8:52 PM
I see what your saying but don't you think GC are gonna be mostly kidding games?Oops forgot who I was talking too ;)
Sure GC will have the classics, which in itself is enough to buy it but other then the classics there isn't much in the way of mature games.
And it's my understanding that the GC isn't going to have a DVD (not that is much of a problem, they can depend on there name to get sales up)?
 Boba Rhett
08-01-2001, 9:02 PM
From what I've heard, They are allowing another company to produce a version of the Gamecube that supports dvds and it should be released at the same time.

Judging by Conkers 64, I'd say Nintendo is trying and going to try and get some of the older audiances back. :D
 Kvan
08-01-2001, 9:06 PM
Oh, man Conker :D :D I totally forgot about that game!

So nintendo is gonna get someone else to produce a dvd add-on.
<mumbles>damn money sucking ^$@%@</mumble> Oh that's great :)
 Master Yoda
08-01-2001, 9:39 PM
Personally I'm not into those dark bloody shoot'em up games. I like games that are FUN to play... I seen something about the DVD version of GameCube on IGN.com, it looks like they will have one at some point, though I wont buy it because I would rather spend the extra 100 bucks on games. Just the fact that there going to have Super Smash Bros Melee, Rogue Squadron 2 Rogue Leader and Zelda make the Cube worth buying. I won't buy playstation 2 because theres no games worth playing on it and I HATE microsoft so theres no way you can get me to buy their console, the only reason I use Windows is because theres not enough games for Linux.:p
 Master Yoda
08-01-2001, 9:44 PM
The first level on Rogue Leader is over the first DeathStar. So its set during the Rebellion.. In one of the movies it looked like the X-Wing they were playing as went INSIDE the SECOND DeathStar, It look way better than XWA!!!From what Ive seen there WON"T be just a buch of redone Rogue Squadron levels.:D
 Kvan
08-01-2001, 10:02 PM
Personally I'm not into those dark bloody shoot'em up games. I like games that are FUN to play... I seen something about the DVD version of GameCube on IGN.com, it looks like they will have one at some point, though I wont buy it because I would rather spend the extra 100 bucks on games. Just the fact that there going to have Super Smash Bros Melee, Rogue Squadron 2 Rogue Leader and Zelda make the Cube worth buying. I won't buy playstation 2 because theres no games worth playing on it and I HATE microsoft so theres no way you can get me to buy their console, the only reason I use Windows is because theres not enough games for Linux.:p
Well they don't have to be dark and bloody for me to like them, they just can't be "happy and fluffy". I like the more realistic games. Anyone played Red Faction? Now there is a NICE game!
I hear you on using windows, I'd be using linux too if it wasn't for all the games win. has. :(
Rogue Leader sounds REAL nice M. Yoda
 Tie Guy
08-01-2001, 11:05 PM
Did someone just say that ps2 had no good games out or coming out for it!!!! That's crazy. Just look at all these:

StarFighter
Twisted Metal Black
Tekken Tag
Final Fantasy X
Metal Gear Solid
SSX
Racer Revenge
and a whole lote more.....

Let's see Gcube's got:
Rogue 2
Zelda
Super Smash Brothers 2
and that's it......

I'd take a ps2 any day, plus, its got a DVD player, which i love.

Another thing, The only reason that the psx survived is because it had the best games of any of the other systems. The 64 had slightly more graphical power, but the psx did just as well because of the great games. Plus, if you take off the pokemon games (which i imagine not many people here got or will get), the psx sold alot more.
 Kvan
08-01-2001, 11:09 PM
WoHO! A ps2 supporter! :D
Finally!
 Master Yoda
08-02-2001, 9:30 AM
Heres my GameCube list of good games:

Rogue Leader
Legend Of Zelda
Super Smash Bros Melee
Mario Cart(Looks way better than N64 version)
SSX Tricky
1080 2
Spy Hunter
Luigi's Mansion
Donkey Kong Racing

Plus they will probably announce more games coming out for it at Space World 2001.
 Master Yoda
08-02-2001, 9:32 AM
Dont forget that the PS2 is hard to program for like the n64 where as the gamecube is easy..
 Paragon_Leon
08-02-2001, 12:04 PM
i wouldn't buy a Gamecube just to play a shoot-em-up.
it would be different if it was an adventure the scale of Final Fantasy or something..
 Sherack Nhar
08-02-2001, 12:21 PM
You guys are going to love my articles once we launch LucasConsoles.com ! :D
 Dorsk8199
08-02-2001, 12:54 PM
You guys should really give Xbox a chance. I was privleged enough to go to a showing of the tech demos when it was in early development. They were really cool. We got to ask one of the two top dogs in the project all sorts of questions. He was really cool. I think he knew his stuff too. This was like almost a year ago and he pretty much predicted Sega going software only. He said he sees PS2 as their main threat. Nintendo he wrote off as going for a younger audience that they aren't focusing on. They also showed how much easier it was to program for than PS2.

Basically they sold us pretty well. The one image they said they had to get away from was the scaled down PC thing. From the answers he gave to our questions it is a powerful console (note: not a PC). It will have a hard drive and online capablities straight out of the box. It also has DVD but you might have to buy some disk or something to enable movies he said it would be priced something cheaper than a game.

Hope that helps to enlighten people a bit. I think you should give them a chance. They might surprise you.
 Kvan
08-02-2001, 2:09 PM
Originally posted by Dorsk8199
You guys should really give Xbox a chance. I was privleged enough to go to a showing of the tech demos when it was in early development. They were really cool. We got to ask one of the two top dogs in the project all sorts of questions. He was really cool. I think he knew his stuff too. This was like almost a year ago and he pretty much predicted Sega going software only. He said he sees PS2 as their main threat. Nintendo he wrote off as going for a younger audience that they aren't focusing on. They also showed how much easier it was to program for than PS2.

Basically they sold use pretty well. The one image they said they had to get away from was the scaled down PC thing. From the answers he gave to our questions it is a powerful console (note: not a PC). It will have a hard drive and online capablities straight out of the box. It also has DVD but you might have to buy some disk or something to enable movies he said it would be priced something cheaper than a game.

Hope that helps to enlighten people a bit. I think you should give them a chance. They might surprise you.
You see my beef with X-box is that it's by Microsoft. I hate that they basically rule PCs and I don't want them to rule the consoles. I know it sounds child-ish, but, eh
 Dorsk8199
08-02-2001, 2:17 PM
I totally understand. I hate Sony because they killed Sega. Sega made the best games ever. Don't even start to tell me that now they are focused on software so we will get even more games from them. Nope. They are just being whored out. All the classic games are being made for other systems. Soon you'll see Sonic2k99 and Panzer Dragoon Grind Radio Saga 38. I will never buy a playstation even if it is playstation 9 that better have everything they said in that stupid commercial or I'm sueing their asses.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

*takes a deep breath* better now. I got no beef with Nintendo though. Go Gamecube. :)
 Kvan
08-02-2001, 2:19 PM
Originally posted by Dorsk8199
I totally understand. I hate Sony because they killed Sega. Sega made the best games ever. Don't even start to tell me that now they are focused on software so we will get even more games from them. Nope. They are just being whored out. All the classic games are being made for other systems. Soon you'll see Sonic2k99 and Panzer Dragoon Grind Radio Saga 38. I will never buy a playstation even if it is playstation 9 that better have everything they said in that stupid commercial or I'm sueing their asses.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

*takes a deep breath* better now. I got no beef with Nintendo though. Go Gamecube. :)
:D Yeah sega did have some really great games. Too bad they don't come out with Dreamcast games all that much. It had some pretty fun games :(
 Paragon_Leon
08-02-2001, 2:43 PM
hey Kvan ! change your Avatar ?
so you finally 'modified your Z-95-thing', eh ?

i'm not sure about XBox. when i hear someone describe it in terms like: 'Basically it sold pretty well..' i get the feeling the sales were disappointing.

Sherack: Will Lucasconsoles.com be a forum-site too ?
 Kvan
08-02-2001, 2:55 PM
Originally posted by Paragon_Leon
hey Kvan ! change your Avatar ?
so you finally 'modified your Z-95-thing', eh ?

i'm not sure about XBox. when i hear someone describe it in terms like: 'Basically it sold pretty well..' i get the feeling the sales were disappointing.

Sherack: Will Lucasconsoles.com be a forum-site too ?
Actually I pm'ed a mod and told him that I can't change my title anymore...a few hours later my title had changed to the "basic titles" and the way to change it had been erased! I think they don't like me very much:(
 Dorsk8199
08-02-2001, 3:16 PM
Ha Paragon_Leon the Xbox isn't out yet so there have been no sales. I meant they sold me as a supporter by impressing me. I don't know if I'll get it though. I'm thinking of just giving up on console gaming all together since there is not going to be anymore Sega consoles.
 Paragon_Leon
08-02-2001, 3:23 PM
I'm sure there's plenty of good consoles out there ?!?!

Kvan: no idea. maybe another pm will clear things up ?
after all, "if you're not willing to communicate, you're not willing to be liked"
 Sherack Nhar
08-02-2001, 6:43 PM
Yes, there will be forums, just like any other LG.com network sites.

I will be the one running it (I'm really proud of that!)

We'll cover every Lucasarts console games, no matter the platform. However, I'll write articles that are not necessarily related to LEC, but consoles in general.

And now, to be more on topic... give Microsoft a chance. When they enter a new market, their products are usually high quality. Sure, they release crap too, but doesn't every company do?
Hell, take a look at LEC! Force Commander and TPM are games I'd call pure crap, in my book anyway. I haven't lost faith in them for that, and I was right: look at Galaxies, or Galactic Battleground, Rogue Squadron 2, and Jedi Knight 2!

My point is, wait until you play it before you bash it. The Xbox looks promising, I'd hate to see it fail just because of the maker's reputation, no matter how good the games are (exactly what happened to SEGA).
 Paragon_Leon
08-02-2001, 6:51 PM
sherack, good post.

i believe software is the key to all platforms, but in a lesser extent the pc. somehow pc-software tends to be accepted or turned down less fast then on consoles.

sounds nice, those forums. i'll be certain to give it a read !
 Master Yoda
08-02-2001, 7:02 PM
I wont get ps2 or x-box because there VERY FEW games for them that I want, plus the x-box controller looks like its not very functional. From what ive seen theres only about 5 or 6 games on x-box I want and 3-4 on ps2. Theres atleast 10 games for the GameCube and it sounds like LucasArts is going to put out decent amount of Ep II games out for it.
 Darth_Rommel
08-02-2001, 7:04 PM
I'm stickin' with my PC!
 Master Yoda
08-02-2001, 7:12 PM
I would to but I cant have Rogue Leader and Zelda on my pc!!!!:(
 Tie Guy
08-02-2001, 9:20 PM
Heres my GameCube list of good games:

Rogue Leader
Legend Of Zelda
Super Smash Bros Melee
Mario Cart(Looks way better than N64 version)
SSX Tricky
1080 2
Spy Hunter
Luigi's Mansion
Donkey Kong Racing

Plus they will probably announce more games coming out for it at Space World 2001.

Let's see:
Mario Cart- kid game with slow gameplay
1080 2- haven't seen anything from this, but teh first game sucked
Spy Hunter- sounds great [/sarcasm]
Luigi's Mansion?!?
Donkey Kong Racing- All getting this game say "AYE" *chirp, chirp* I didn't think so.

Plus, you basically just listed every gamecube game that is coming out. Great lineup if you ask me [/ sarcasm]

Oh, and Yoda, i can almost Guarantee that Rogue Leader will come out for PC just like RS and BFN.

And after Majora's Mask, i'm not sure if i want a new Zelda.
 Master Yoda
08-02-2001, 9:37 PM
They have nearly 20 games that will come out on launch. Actually mario cart is fun when youve got 2 younger bros to play with. Donkey Kong racing looks pretty fun....Spy Hunter is a racing style game that looks real good. I spent hours having fun playing 1080 so I want to play the new one. You havent heard Luigis Mansion?? it looks cool. BTW I cant think any games for ps2 that i want, and x-box only has starfighter and Obi-Wan(laughs).As for Zelda, I havent played Majora's Mask, So I'll probably get the new one, more than likely itll be good.
 Boba Rhett
08-02-2001, 10:44 PM
Yeah Tie, those are just the launch titles. Lets get our facts strait before we blurt things out.
 Kvan
08-02-2001, 10:54 PM
They have nearly 20 games that will come out on launch. Actually mario cart is fun when youve got 2 younger bros to play with. Donkey Kong racing looks pretty fun....Spy Hunter is a racing style game that looks real good. I spent hours having fun playing 1080 so I want to play the new one. You havent heard Luigis Mansion?? it looks cool. BTW I cant think any games for ps2 that i want, and x-box only has starfighter and Obi-Wan(laughs).As for Zelda, I havent played Majora's Mask, So I'll probably get the new one, more than likely itll be good.
If you like thoughs types of games, great! But I'm sorry, I can't like any game that takes a game (ie Mario Bros.) and puts them in race cars! Nintendo seems to do that a little too much if you ask me! I'll get the GameCube but I'll probably only play like two or three games on it, like I did with the N64
 Lord JayVizIon
08-02-2001, 10:57 PM
i have a ps2, and unless you're a sports fanatic, then you probably won't want it. however, gt3, madden, ssx, hockey, onimusha, and some other titles are keeping me happy.......
 Master Yoda
08-02-2001, 11:05 PM
Alot of those games are coming out for GameCube...BTW Mario Racing is only ONE game you know!!!!:p
 Kvan
08-02-2001, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Lord JayVizIon
i have a ps2, and unless you're a sports fanatic, then you probably won't want it. however, gt3, madden, ssx, hockey, onimusha, and some other titles are keeping me happy.......
I have a Ps2 and I (no offense) dislike most sports games. Sure playing a game of Football can be fun but it gets boring quickly. It's better to play it, in real life then play it on a console. The exception to that is Wrestling games :D Don't any of you talk bad about wrestling! :mad: ......:)
 Kvan
08-02-2001, 11:11 PM
Alot of those games are coming out for GameCube...BTW Mario Racing is only ONE game you know!!!!:p
Yeah there is also Donkey Racing too :)
Your right there are a lot more games coming out for the gamecube that aren't racing but they all have the same characters, it's either Mario this or Link that....I like the classics but when they make really stupid games out of them its hard to.
GameCube is getting Rogue Leader so that shows some hope for the GameCube :D
 Master Yoda
08-02-2001, 11:14 PM
Out of over like fifty games that will be out by next spring theres less then a dozen that are mario or link.
 Kvan
08-02-2001, 11:23 PM
Out of over like fifty games that will be out by next spring theres less then a dozen that are mario or link.
And the other 38 or so games will be cartoony :D
This thread should be called "war of the consoles"
But really it's all a matter of taste you guys like cartoony/childish games, I prefer the more mature, realistic games...:?
 Master Yoda
08-02-2001, 11:35 PM
*Shrugs* I like Jedi Knight is that cartoony?? Or how about AOK or Knock Out Kings 2000, rogue squadron is that cartoony???? or NFSHS I love that game!!!! XWA isnt cartoony as you put it or for that matter none of the SW games are!!!!!!!
 Kvan
08-02-2001, 11:43 PM
*Shrugs* I like Jedi Knight is that cartoony?? Or how about AOK or Knock Out Kings 2000, rogue squadron is that cartoony???? or NFSHS I love that game!!!! XWA isnt cartoony as you put it or for that matter none of the SW games are!!!!!!!
Sheesh! I was only joking! There was supposed to be a :? at the end of my last post. You got enough "!" to last you a life time.
Cartoony games can be fun too.
Whats NFSHS?
 Lord JayVizIon
08-02-2001, 11:44 PM
well, any game you play in person is better than playing it on a console, esp. football and especially if you play defense. however, i think madden is bomb if you play it with rowdy people, such as my friends.......
 Master Yoda
08-02-2001, 11:48 PM
Need For Speed High Stakes. Sorry if I got a little crazy....:o
 Lord JayVizIon
08-02-2001, 11:50 PM
good game, but i like gt3 much better.

by the way, i liked knockout kings 2k too!
 Kvan
08-02-2001, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Lord JayVizIon
well, any game you play in person is better than playing it on a console, esp. football and especially if you play defense. however, i think madden is bomb if you play it with rowdy people, such as my friends.......
Oh Yeah!
I just have a hard time with the angles (with most football games). When you launch the ball it's hard to see who is getting it.
I usually don't realize I have the ball until it's too late :)
 Kvan
08-02-2001, 11:55 PM
Need For Speed High Stakes. Sorry if I got a little crazy....:o
Thats it! I want you to kneel! :)
Well sometimes I can go a little too far with joking. Sorry if I offended you. :) And I'm sorry you like NFSHS
I just HAD to say it :D
Page: 1 of 2