Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Replacing parts of models...?

Page: 1 of 1
 JediYamato
08-02-2004, 12:32 AM
Is it possible to replace certain body parts of skins/models?(For example, remove the Stormtrooper head from the Stormtrooper model and replace it with a Kyle head)If so, how would I do it? I've been trying to replace the hands and head on the Obi-Wan Episode I model with a Luke head and hands(Not the Luke that came with a game, a different one), and also with a robe you can toggle on and off.

So far I've played around with the models in MilkShape, and I load the newly created .md3 in MD3view. Most of the model shows up fine, the head is there, so is the robe, and most of the rest. Problem is, the boot texture won't show up(I can see the upper part of the legs though), and the torso is all black and white.

Please, please, PLEASE, someone please, help me with this. I really want to get this to work.
 Psyk0Sith
08-02-2004, 1:44 AM
You need 3D studio max 4.x or 5 to get your hybrid model in-game.

Texture problem is probably a .skin file error, check that the names and paths are correct in the .skin file.
Page: 1 of 1