Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

GeForce 256

Page: 1 of 1
 skite
01-19-2000, 1:29 PM
Help,Ive just upgraded to a GeForce 256 from a blaster banshee and the game won't launch -I contacted lucas arts who are still trying to cure the problem which appears to be driver based although they don't know what - I updated the drivers from the nvidea site and the biosflash from the leadtech site - I have an amd K6-2/400, 64mb sdram and plenty of hard drive space - i'm also running a creative pci128 soundcard - I've got Direct x 7 installed(not Beta) - anyone got any ideas?
 Lt Guilo
01-20-2000, 9:50 AM
Sure, a couple....for starters, you ARE aware of the AMD Detonator drivers you can download from the nVidia website, right? They were originally intended for use with GeForce\Athlon configurations, but I've read a few posts in hardware forums elsewhere on the 'Net which speak of this same dilemma being "fixed" with K6-3\GeForce setups...the K6-2 is more or less similar to the K6-3, so it might be worth a try. Besides, you can always re-install your other drivers if it DOESN'T work....

Also, have you upgraded from DirectX 7.0 to DirectX 7a? If not, there's a 200kb executable patch available from the Microsoft Download Center...that may also help you.

One other thing - have you made certain to delete all of the 3dfx drivers from the C:\WINDOWS and C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM folders of your HDD? I know that Windows loves to leave them in place, even after the hardware itself has been removed; this can cause the very sort of hardware anomaly that you're describing...

Hope that helps you.
 skite
01-21-2000, 9:39 AM
Thanks for the initial suggestions, I'm using the detonator drivers already and I've now upgraded to directx 7.0a but unfortunately it hasn't helped - There are no 3dfx drivers in the windows/system - I was usuing the creative drivers anyway as it was their board - what I cant't understand is that x-wing alliance runs fine - it just doesn't make sense - but then nothing surprises me - have you any more suggestions? your help is greatly appreciated
 Lt Guilo
02-15-2000, 1:59 AM
Well, none at the moment, I'm afraid...seeing as how I'm about 3 weeks late in getting back to you on this, sorry. But you wanna hear something funny?

I have BOTH Creative Labs' 3-D Annihilator Pro (GeForce DDR) AND a pair of 3-D Blaster VoodooІ cards in SLI, and I have zero problems making everything run as smooth as buttah, baby, when playing this game. Are you still experiencing this, before I go any further?

Sorry I took so long to reply. http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/frown.gif)
 skite
02-25-2000, 9:49 AM
Thanks for replying, I was beginning to think you had given up on me.
yes unfortunately I'm still having the same problems, I even went as far as reinstalling Win98 and Directx7a and the detonator drivers.
The thing that makes it so ******* annoying is that the error message is about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike. I emailed Lucas Arts and they gave up on me after 2 suggestions (same as your initial reply)
I cannot think what the conflict could be. Short of an "f-disk" I don't know what else to do

[This message has been edited by skite (edited February 25, 2000).]
 Lt Guilo
03-05-2000, 5:19 PM
Well, isn't the PCI128 one of the problem devices mentioned in the readme file located on the <u>Rogue Squadron</u> CD? Also, have you disabled Video BIOS Shadowing and Palette Snooping in your mobo's CMOS or BIOS setup? What is your AGP Aperture set at, also? If, that is, your card is an AGP card? Have you:

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp - ...downloaded and flashed the latest version BIOS for your motherboard?
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp - ...run Scandisk and Disk Defragmenter?
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp - ...tried the Windows Update site to see if you may be lacking any updated system files?
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp - ...checked to make certain your card is fully seated in the AGP or PCI slot (or had somebody else do it if you don't know how)?
 Deadmeat
03-26-2000, 3:57 PM
I too have a gefore256 card, and , can understand skite fustrastion,but I'm wondering if anyone has had any sucees with glide wrappers ?
 dblessin
04-15-2000, 5:32 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lt Guilo:
[B]Well, isn't the PCI128 one of the problem devices mentioned in the readme file located on the <u>Rogue Squadron</u> CD?

Im using a SB PCI128 sound card. Is there a way around the joystick bug that anyone knows?..im itching to play w/ a joystick..Im sick of fartin around w/ mouse and kbrd.
thx in advance for your replys

nimble_yak@hotmail.com
 skite
05-15-2000, 7:44 AM
Originally posted by dblessin:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lt Guilo:
[B]Well, isn't the PCI128 one of the problem devices mentioned in the readme file located on the <u>Rogue Squadron</u> CD?

Im using a SB PCI128 sound card. Is there a way around the joystick bug that anyone knows?..im itching to play w/ a joystick..Im sick of fartin around w/ mouse and kbrd.
thx in advance for your replys

nimble_yak@hotmail.com

Try using the microsoft sidewinder game pad - it workes fine for me

------------------
 The Master
05-15-2000, 9:00 PM
Do as SKITE says, though I have no idea what you are talking about.
 the_xxxxx
12-10-2001, 2:56 AM
OK sorry for bringing this up, but:

As you can see, a Deadmeat has posted here. It's his only post. I was also known as Deadmeat, on the escapemi.com forums. But when the forums joined the LucasForums-network, there were two Deadmeats, and the comp thought the old one was the only right one, so my password has become invalid. I already Pm'ed the other Deadmeat, to ask if he was OK with being banned, but he hasn't replied yet, so could you ban him? Or else, give me his email...

Thanks
Page: 1 of 1