Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Weighting shoulders

Page: 1 of 1
 Mana Dragon
07-31-2004, 9:53 PM
I double checked my model and I thought he was done, but his shoulders are deformed, and I'm having alot of trouble figuring out which verticies should be weighted to which bone. I'm sure the problem is on the top of the torso where it branches off to the shoulders. So, I weight verticies near the humerous, and upper_lumber, and I compare to Kyle's glm, and my glm.

My model's shoulders are wrong, and I need a way to figure out what needs to be weighted and where. I was hoping I could somehow look at Kyle's wireframe and check which verticies were weighted to the torso and shoulders, but I don't think that'll happen.

I move the bones to see how the mesh is pulled, but it's a little different when you're viewing his animation. In his strong style, before he swings, his shoulders seem inverted, but it's really hard to explain.
Page: 1 of 1