Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Unit Confusion--Help?

Page: 1 of 1
 Imladil
04-24-2000, 6:21 PM
This isn't about Rogue Squadron, but another PC game I'm having trouble with. I'll ask about it here first, though, because you folks already know that I'm computer stupid. http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/biggrin.gif)

I got a flight simulator named Fly! When I installed it, a window popped up saying that I needed to install the 'TCP/IP' network protocols from Windows 95. Only problem: Windows 95 is already on my hard drive! Another window popped up, blathering something about a file named '/ws2bakup/ws2bakup.bat,' followed by a third telling me to check a file named 'ws2setup.log.' When I checked that file...it was blank. Grr.

When I try to launch the game, it won't run because it's missing a program named 'ws2_32.dll.' When I try to search for such a file, of course, it's nowhere.

My game came with Direct X 6.0, which I already had, and Winsock 2.0...which I think is in Windows 95. Am I correct in thinking this problem is associated with Winsock 2.0? If so, how do I fix the beast...bearing in mind that the computer I'm talking about is not connected to the Internet?

Help!

------------------
"Is the state of being realized as important as realizing the state of being?"
--Thrustweasel of Earth
 Ikhnaton
04-24-2000, 8:27 PM
go to your control panel, go to your network config and make sure you have tcp/ip. If it isn't there, click the add button, go to protocols, then to microsoft, then tcp/ip. then it will ask for files from the win95 cd which will either be taken from the cd itself or from the location c:\windows\options\cabs (most manufacturers put a copy of the windows files on the hard drive).

after you reboot you should be good to go.
 Imladil
04-25-2000, 5:08 AM
Thanks, Ike! I'll give it a go...

Wonder how a Cessna 172R will compare to the A-wings and TIE fighters I grew up on. Hm?

------------------
"Is the state of being realized as important as realizing the state of being?"
--Thrustweasel of Earth
Page: 1 of 1