Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

sudden crashes

Page: 1 of 1
 Xavier Herr
08-23-1999, 10:19 AM
Hi everybody,i'm new to this list and a loyal star wars games fan. Recently i got this fab game and have some weird problems since the beginning. Although i have read and follow all the included suggestions the game crashes in different ways: lock ups in the middle of a flight, blue screens pointing to a vxd or crashes to the desktop.
It happens always, but sometimes it lets me finish up to three or four consecutive games, others not even one!

My screen resolution is 800x600 as in the game settings,16 bit color depth,

Iґve no other programs running in the backgroud under Windows98 with a 300 Mhz AMD K6,64 megs, 300 free megs in disc, 8x cd-rom, sound blaster awe32,and an apollo 7400 (intel740 chipset)video card with 8 megs.

What can it be? is the cdrom too slow?
is the apollo card not good?

Hope you could help.
 Xavier Herr
09-13-1999, 11:10 AM
Thanks for nothing...

I bought a new motherboard.. and it worked.
I believe it was a bios problem
 Lt Guilo
09-13-1999, 11:48 AM
Now that wasn't a very nice thing to say.

I didn't see this post, guy. Sorry if it seemed like you were being ignored, but I can assure you, you weren't....not by me, anyway.

Well, all's well that ends well, anyhow.
 Xavier Herr
09-15-1999, 1:29 PM
Excuse me if I sounded very rude Lt. Guilo, I didnґt mean to give that impression. I was having a very bad day the day I post the reply so I was not doing good at all. I understand this kind of hardware problems are not easy to diagnose and not very common.

Excuse me you all and have fun.
 Lt Guilo
09-15-1999, 4:36 PM
That's alright, Xavier. No harm done. http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/smile.gif)

But, I really DIDN'T see this post, you know...I wasn't just saying that. Whenever I see a post by someone in need in this particular forum, and it hasn't already been solved, then I'll ALWAYS post SOME kind of a reply, even if it's only to say that I don't know what the underlying problem could be and that I am sorry for it.

But hey, like I said in my last post: "All's well that ends well." http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/smile.gif)

Hope you have fun, too. http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/smile.gif)

------------------
"...There's always a BIGGER fish."
¤ Lieutenant Guilo ¤<font size="1">

[This message has been edited by Lt Guilo (edited September 17, 1999).]
 Xavier Herr
09-15-1999, 8:47 PM
Thank you very much for caring. I'm sure everyone in the list (especially the new one's) appreciate that a lot. Keep up with that good work!
 Tone
09-20-1999, 12:08 AM
Hey, I have the same problem on my machine. I have had no success in fixing the problem which occurs exactly as described. I don't want to upgrade my motherboard so I guess I'll have to persist with playing the game and dropping back to the desktop.
 Xavier Herr
09-20-1999, 12:03 PM
Hi Tone, i changed my motherboard because my brother wanted to make a mayor upgrade in the pc, but before that i tried some other things, like checkin for the last drivers for my video card in the web, freeing as much as 92% of resources for windows, using a video resolution of 800x600 and 16-bit color depth for the screen. When nothing of this worked i e-mail my video card manufacturer and told him the complete story. First they sent me the last drivers they had but as i see no mayor change they told me to upgrade the motherboard bios.
So if nothing of this works try to contact your mother board manufacturer to ask for it.
By the way what video card you have?
 Lt Guilo
09-21-1999, 10:44 PM
Also bear in mind, many newer (i.e. mfg'd within the past 2-3 years) mobos have a flashable BIOS chip, which means that if the problem IS your BIOS, then you won't have to purchase a whole new mobo or even bother with replacing the BIOS chip....

That's what you should inquire of your PC or motherboard manufacturer (assuming you don't already know, of course), and for future reference, make sure you try to get the model-specific information (such as its model #) relative to your individual system &/or motherboard.

If, of course, you already have all of the above info in your possession, then you should try to browse to your system or mobo manufacturer's website, and search for a newer version of your system's BIOS to download and then run the BIOS flash procedure application.

Just a little extraneous FYI. http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/smile.gif) Do let me know if you are successful in this or any other prescribed solution, as well as if you require any further assistance. Good luck. http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/smile.gif)

------------------
"...There's always a BIGGER fish."
¤ Lieutenant Guilo ¤
Page: 1 of 1