Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Gold or silver sithies?

Page: 1 of 1
 TemporaryTomato
07-28-2004, 4:40 PM
This has been bugging me for a while. OK, I have an Asus Radeon 9600 XT, and my sithies are golden. Not silver, golden. When I first got the game I thought that was the way it's supposed to be, but judging from other people's screenshots etc. there's something fishy going on...
:(
 FiEND_138
07-28-2004, 6:19 PM
Their supposed to be silver.

It doesn't really answer your question, but I remembered this being talked about a while back....

http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=130820)
 kome566
07-28-2004, 7:46 PM
:confused: doesnt the shine depend on the light/shadow or something ?could be why urs is gold or so :confused:
 TemporaryTomato
07-29-2004, 12:15 PM
It can't be the lighting, since they are gold no matter how you look at them.
My settings are something like this:
high texture quality, 8x anisotropic filtering, 4x AA.

This is weird... :(
Could it be something with the shiny metal texture?

edit:
The lighting is actually the culprit. These "golden sith" only appear if the brightness is turned down, and there's a bug in KOTOR that makes the brightness reset itself after the cutscenes...:(

Still, I got myself some chromey sith now. Cool!:cool:

another edit:
*sigh*
I can still see the gold. :(

Could someone that doesn't have this problem please send me their cm_baremetal file?
Page: 1 of 1