Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Revenge of the Sith!

Page: 1 of 1
 Xirion
07-26-2004, 1:45 AM
Well what you think???
I think its a good title :)
 Jed
07-26-2004, 2:57 AM
It's unoriginal, but I like that it somewhat matches the ol' Return (or Revenge?...) of the Jedi.
 Doomie
07-26-2004, 5:57 AM
Isn't this a bit of the wrong forum? I mean, it's the GAT forum and all, but there's no guarantee that people that come here don't want to stay spoilerfree...

About the title: It's a bit disappointing, we all guessed it already... i mean, who could've guessed 'The phantom menace' or 'Attack of the clones' or 'The Empire strikes back' for that matter? I expected the last one to keep up this tradition... Though it's a better title than 'The creeping fear'! *Pukes at the mere thought of it...*
 Alegis
07-26-2004, 8:58 AM
Originally posted by Jed
It's unoriginal, but I like that it somewhat matches the ol' Return (or Revenge?...) of the Jedi.
Exactly
 yaebginn
07-26-2004, 10:18 AM
yeah, I saw that yesterday. I hope they decide to chnage it. Return of the Jedi was originally revenge of the jedi.
 Jed
07-26-2004, 4:18 PM
Originally posted by Doomgiver
Isn't this a bit of the wrong forum? I mean, it's the GAT forum and all, but there's no guarantee that people that come here don't want to stay spoilerfree...

If somebody thinks the name of the movie is a spoiler, then they need their head checked :p
 ET Warrior
07-26-2004, 6:13 PM
Originally posted by yaebginn
yeah, I saw that yesterday. I hope they decide to chnage it.

They won't :dozey:
 Evil Dark Jedi
07-27-2004, 6:34 AM
Thats not a very good title.

The others were

Star Wars:The Phantom Menace(Original)
Star Wars:The Attack of the Clones(Original
Star Wars:Revenge of the Sith(UnOriginal)
Star Wars:A New Hope(Original)
Star Wars:The Empire Strikes Back(Very Original)
Star Wars:Return of the Jedi(Similar to Revenge of the Sith)
 Alegis
07-27-2004, 10:25 AM
Thanks for that post, as there are a lot of people on lucasforums.com that don't know all the movietitles http://www.lucasforums.com/images/smilies/dozey.gif)
 yaebginn
07-27-2004, 11:10 AM
well my cousin doesnt like it either, lot of people seem to not like it. maybe if enough people dont, they'll chnage it. Rember, they DID chnage Return of the jedi from revenge of the jedi.
 ET Warrior
07-28-2004, 2:11 PM
well my cousin doesnt like it either, lot of people seem to not like it. maybe if enough people dont, they'll chnage it. Rember, they DID chnage Return of the jedi from revenge of the jedi.

They changed it to Return of the Jedi because Revenge should not be motivation for a Jedi, as they are the good guys. They didn't change it because fans didn't like it. If they were going to change a movie based on fan approbval/disapproval it would've been AotC. Nearly EVERYONE thought that movie was laughable when it was first announced. Now you never hear anyone complain. In two years you'll think Revenge of the Sith is an excellent title.
 Doomie
07-28-2004, 2:28 PM
In two years i still think they could've made up a better title....

And the title isn't REALLY a spoiler, but if you want everything to be totally new right from the beginning, when you walk into the cinema, i suppose you just ruined it...
 coupes.
07-28-2004, 5:52 PM
Originally posted by Doomgiver
In two years i still think they could've made up a better title....

And the title isn't REALLY a spoiler, but if you want everything to be totally new right from the beginning, when you walk into the cinema, i suppose you just ruined it...
The title is alright... I don't see how they could have made a more appropriate title for the movie.

And I can't imagine how you can see a movie in theater without knowing what the title is... How do you ask for your ticket ?
 yaebginn
07-28-2004, 5:58 PM
I do.

'Fall of the Republic'

'Rise of the Empire'

'Anakins Day Out'
 coupes.
07-28-2004, 8:23 PM
Fall of the Republic
Meh. The story of Anakin/all the jedi is much more central to SW than the story of the republic/empire. So, RotS is still more appropriate IMHO.

Rise of the Empire
The Empire won't rise in ep3, it will merely be created. The actual rising of the empire will most likely occur between ep3 and 4.

Anakins Day Out
No comment.
 yaebginn
07-28-2004, 9:10 PM
it will rise. cause its created, thus rising. rising from non existence. Whats wrng with anakins day out. thatd be an awesome ttile. fall of the republic is gold. that seriosuly, is a good one.
 ET Warrior
07-29-2004, 3:10 AM
fall of the republic is gold. that seriosuly, is a good one.

:dozey: I have no idea what would make that any better than Revenge of the Sith........Because Revenge of the Sith sounds so much more sinister and evil and MWAHAHAHA The empire is going to KILL you style, which is what the movie will be.
 yaebginn
07-29-2004, 9:27 AM
but fall of the republic sounds sad. kinda. like all is lost. Like the one thing you love and count on, is falling. u dig?
 Pad
07-29-2004, 2:19 PM
I dont know if RotS is the best title for epIII but some things are for sure. Anticipation for this movie hasnt been as high as before so satisfying everyone isnt possible.

RotS isnt really that bad as it clearly states the evil will blossom. And so it will. The empire will be created, most jedi will be annihilated and so, the sith will have their revenge.
 yaebginn
07-29-2004, 2:25 PM
its not horrible, but it isnt good. I can get used to it, though.
 Doomie
07-29-2004, 2:34 PM
Alright, i'll stop my cause since it was a stupid one anyway.

But what's wrong with this title, i feel, is that we knew it all along. The Sith will prevail in episode three. We knew it the moment we walked out the Cinema after watching Ep. 2. But after 'the phantom menace', who could predict 'attack of the clones'? We didn't even know there would be clones in it. But the Sith have been there all along. As far as i know, this was the only predictable title in the history of starwars. Maybe we can make up a better title after seeing the movie.
 LightNinja
07-30-2004, 8:25 AM
well the title is like a video game title, but doomgiver is right siths should have they'r title in one of the movies.
 Doomie
07-30-2004, 11:36 AM
Eh? i didn't say that, i think... maybe i did... but i believe that was someone else...
Page: 1 of 1